** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Sporting Odds

waynemcke

I'm fed up with these cowboys now. :spank As we're all aware, the last two nights their system has collapsed. However, last night I entered the Heads-Up Tourney that never took place. The entry fee was deducted from my balance and has not been returned. Live help is permanently shut, my email was bounced back as their inbox is full and when I got hold of someone on the phone to discuss my frustration was told; - Live Help was working fine (as his colleague was on it now!) despite me getting a 'we're closed' message as I was talking to him - I could only get my stake money back if I sent an email despite the fact their inbox is full! I've now sent an email to another address and have just logged in to see if my money has been returned. MY BALANCE HAS VANISHED AND IS NOW ZERO! What a disgrace!

Re: Sporting Odds I had problems with SO yesterday and was in the $1 TV broadcast STT could not get to the table initially ,but could see my chips dwindling , had to reload to get in. Sent an email - got this reply today and my account has been credited.Perhaps it is the small stake that was a factor , hope you solve your problem wayne

TV broadcast 1 problem Dear ....., Thank you for your email. We have been experiencing a few problems with our server, which have now been resolved. After having investigated the tournament we have credited your poker account with the amount of $1.1. If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Kind Regards, Martin Poker Response Team

Re: Sporting Odds Hope you get it sorted Wayne. I know it doesn't help you, but I've played a bit there today without any problem. No way I'm closing my account down there - I'm raking it in with them at the moment - there are too many muppets - just the type of people you want on cash tables......the standard of play seems so much lower than anywhere else - wonderful!!!

Re: Sporting Odds

Despite the problems the past few nights' date=' I'd recommend SO to anybody - excellent site generally, with great freerolls and decent raked hands bonus.[/quote'] Can anyone see tonights raked hands $1000 freeroll? I can't find it, and even fot a marketing email from them today advertising it........ :sad

just because they have had server problems on Mon,Tue,Wed doesn't mean they've turned to shi*e overnight.
Err, yes it does actually! And my balance is still showing zero despite further emails. Glad you're so easily pleased though Dac. ;) :ok

Re: Sporting Odds Anyone recommend my next step? LIVE CHAT 1 (through the website not the poker software). (The numbers are the time by the way) Please wait for a site operator to respond. http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hcp/chatinfo/chatinfo.gif\\"' src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/WAYNEM~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif">You are now chatting with 'Lional' you: hello Lional: How may I help you today? you: 2 days ago, i entered a poker tourney and then your system crashed before it started you: i understand you then cancelled the tourney you: my money has not been recredited to my account you: can you organise it for me please you: 18.58 you: are you still there? you: 19.00 you: hello? you: 19.01

So, ignored on that one. Try again; LIVE CHAT 2 (again through the website not the poker software). Please wait for a site operator to respond. http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hcp/chatinfo/chatinfo.gif\\"' src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/WAYNEM~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif">You are now chatting with 'Lional' Lional: Please hold one moment. you: ok. 19.02 Lional: Unfortunately we do not have access to the poker room customer service. Please email [email protected] with your full name and email address and they will assist you with your query. you: i have done that and your inbox is full you: i rang and was told to email the sportingodds support line. you: ive done that 3 times and had no response you: 19.05 Lional: Please try again in a few minutes. Unfortunately, the poker room is administered by the poker software developers so that email address is the only way you can contact them via email. You may be able to contact them via Live Support link in the poker room Lional: under "Support" in the poker room lobby you: the live 24 hours a day link has been closed for at least 3 days you: your poker department are completely uncontactable and you are not helping. you: you owe me money Lional: Unfortunately, then you will have to emai Lional: email support@poker response.com you: how do i email an inbox that is full? Lional: We do administer the poker room Lional: We do not administer the poker room you: lol you: do or don't? Lional: It should not be full for too much longer Lional: Do not Lional: Please try and contact them again soon you: thank you. you've done nothing to help me regain my confidence in your company. you: bye. 19.09 Bunch of cowboys I tell ya! :wall

Re: Sporting Odds waynemcke How you are being treated could be called laughable were it not so serious. The fact that you can fund your poker through the betting site must surely mean they cannot then turn around and pass the buck in this manner. Mrs V. on Monday was chasing up a deposit so that we could enter the (cancelled) Dollar Up. Whilst talking to telephone support our balance was showing zero, so Mrs V. rather cheekily asked if we could be 'advanced' a dollar in order for us to compete against our friends on PL. She was told to 'phone back later when the CS Manager was back from lunch, which she did. Although the 'regular' staff had been very pleasant to deal with, when she put her request to the Manager the manager was very sharp, and put the phone down on Mrs V. :@:spank This kind of behaviour makes my blood boil, so I rang back spoke to this bitchy Manager and requested her boss. She told me he was ONLY contactable by e-mail (here we go, I thought). Mrs V. (Pocket Lady) fired off an e-mail immediately (about 5pm), and before the Dollar Up started we were credited (gratis) with £1 ($1.79). >From: [email protected] >Adam Lewis >Head of Marketing >e: [email protected] >www.sportingbet.com / www.sportingodds.com I understand your anger mate, but try the e-mail address for Adam Lewis. He was the manager who give us free money :clap to keep us happy, so it seems like he is both (a) Able to help and (b) Willing. I'm sure an e-mail explaining the situation and your frustration can only help. On the SO site I've had a lot of log-in problems, and I'm not too fond of the site, but I'm putting that down to it being new to me. Gl wayne, HTH.:ok

raisng with 98o. What were w you thinking' date=' you jammy bug g a.[/quote'] Hehe - Wrong thread I think mate. I think it was right call - they were short stacked - it was pre flop, not much for me to lose, but they had to risk going out (and did :lol) - I was on the button, everyone folded to me....... Anyway - 4 of us left - including me and lbb

Re: Sporting Odds Thanks V. Well I've got back fromwork today to find an email from the department that couldnt deal with my problem refunding my account plus a little bit more for the trouble. Strange thing is, the amount they've put back into my balance is 19c short of what they said they would refund. Why 19c? :lol Don't think I'll complain about that one! :)

Well I've got back fromwork today to find an email from the department that couldnt deal with my problem refunding my account plus a little bit more for the trouble.
Glad it's been sorted mate :ok Seriously - give them another chance - you can't beat the value at their $0.05/$0.10 cash tables. My original £10 deposit is currently standing at $450....... (most, but half made from the cash table rest was $100 bonus and £125 from their raked hands freeroll)

Re: Sporting Odds Glad you got it sorted out wayne :ok ......................... I only opened a sporting odds account about a week ago, and its proved to be quite profitable so far :D ...................................... but from reading about your experience the customer service seems to be shocking :spank Here's hoping i never need their help :tongue2

Thanks V. Well I've got back fromwork today to find an email from the department that couldnt deal with my problem refunding my account plus a little bit more for the trouble. Strange thing is, the amount they've put back into my balance is 19c short of what they said they would refund. Why 19c? :lol Don't think I'll complain about that one! :)
Glad to know I'm not completely useless, but regarding the 19c, me and Mrs V., have both noticed that our cents amount changes sometimes daily. I assume it is because of the exchange rate, but who knows. GaF?. I've gotta ask, what is your 'style' at the cash tables? Do you play loose/tight, aggressive/passsive? I am really having trouble reading people on there, and it has cost me tbh. I'm getting bullied with a half decent hand, and when I make my stand with a similar ranked hand, someone pisses on my bonfire. One of my gripes if people throw $1 raises on nothing, but for me I'd have to have the nuts (at 5c/10c tables anyway). I think I'm about half-way to my bonus (how do you find out how many rakes you've played), but about $10 down, and I'm disinclined to throw good money after bad. I didn't think I was that bad:$, but I s'pose I must be.:\

Re: Sporting Odds I make little attempt to read people - by definition, they're muppets - they're unpredictable - I just play my cards....... (I know it's not good poker practice generally, but it works there). I play tight (over tight) aggressive (over aggressive). I wait for huge cards, and then play very hard. You can usually get action without any problem. Normally with drawing hands I'll bet to pot odds, thinking I may take the pot down there and then, but if not, i have a fair bet. I don't do this there. If I have a draw, then I'll take free/cheap cards, then bet heavy if I hit, and fold if I don't. NEVER EVER EVER bluff - someone will call you. Never raise stakes with a hand that isn't made (though call if the odds are worth it....). Be very very selective with your starting hands (I play 5 tables at a time to stop me getting bored). Keep it simple - if you've got something good, bet heavy, if you haven't then check/fold. Above all, if you bet, be confident that given the community cards you probably have top hand (already made) at that point. What size bets do I make? between 5x and 10x the big blind (depending on position) - so bigger than normal. A 5x BB bet often doesn't thin the field down enough ...... Remember, each 10 hands are only costing you $0.15 - you don't need to win a big hand against someone very often.... Does this make sense? Remember I'm a muppet beating muppets - don't take what I say as gospel.......

Re: Sporting Odds In case anyone's interested; Dear Sir, Thanks for your email. We are sorry to hear that you have had such difficulties in the poker room this week. Rest assured that we share the frustrations caused by such downtime and we work tirelessly to try to keep this to an absolute minimum (you may also have read about our recent poker investments we have made in the financial press which reflects our commitment in this area). Once again, we sincerely apologise for the considerable inconvenience which we are well aware is not acceptable performance from a poker room. With regards to your raked hand totals I can confirm you are currently on 171. I'm afraid that access to raked hand information is restricted to supervisors and our operatives are instructed to refer clients to our poker support team for this request - as they have full access and speedier systems designed for this purpose. If you have received this information from us before it is only because a supervisor happened to take your call and try to assist, rather than anything sinister. However we do apologise for any confusion caused by this. Kind regards, Jim Folliard Customer Care Supervisor SportingOdds.com Email: [email protected] Telephone: 08000 727 727 (9am - 8pm) International: +44 207 553 4164

-----Original Message-----
Wayne McKenna [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent:
08 October 2005 10:38
To:
Enquires
Subject:
FAO Manager/Supervisor

Acct - waynemcke
I am writing this email out of sheer frustration with the service that you are currently providing your customers.
Within the last few days;
- your server has crashed 3 days running (though it now seems to be better)
- your 24hr poker live help has been offline since at least last Tuesday
- your poker email address bounced emails for 2 days
- your reponse time to your normal Sporting Odds email address was slow
- it took you 48hrs to credit my account when the balance disappeared
- your staff are able to do tasks one minute and not the next
In such a competitive market, it doesn't look good does it and if it wasn't for the fact that I like your software, I would no longer be one of your customers.
I have just had this conversation on your Live Help;
cid:531185309@08102005-2f07
Please wait for a site operator to respond.
cid:531185309@08102005-2f07
You are now chatting with 'Lezley'
Lezley:
Hi Wayne
Lezley:
How may I help you today?
Wayne:
morning. can you tell me how many raked hands i have played please.
Lezley:
Unfortunately we do not have access to the poker room customer service. Please email
[email protected]
with your full name and email address and they will assist you with your query.
Wayne:
you must do because someone on this live help gave me the information yesterday
Lezley:
Im sorry I cant, I dont have that access
Wayne:
well can you ask someone because your colleagues are able to
Lezley:
Im sorry, there is no-one in this office able to assist you with your poker querie
Lezley:
Please contact the poker dept at the address above
Wayne:
can you tell me who i can complain too please
Wayne:
its not your fault (I assume) but you all seem to be doing different things
Lezley:
Wayne:
for who's attention
Lezley:
You can just put it to FAO: supervisor/manager
Wayne:
ok thanks Lezley. have a good day.
This is crazy! Within the last few days, through the same Live Help channel, two members of your staff on two different occasions were able to give me the information I needed. Why not now? And if there is a legitimate reason for it, how are we as customers supposed to know when you can or can't help?
There is absolutely no consistency with your service.
I have emailed the address as requested to get the information I need but I'd prefer to know now. And as you have proved previously, you are able to do this. But for some reason you seem reluctant to do so.
I'm at the point now where if I don't get a reasonable response from you, I will move my custom back to the Poker Room I came from. Why should I give you my business?
I look forward to your reply.
Wayne

Re: Sporting Odds It is crap that they make it so difficult to get your raked hands..... If they want to do it that way, then let 'em - I'm going to set up an automatic email to email them once an hour to ask for raked hands (hey I like to know where I stand). Fookers!! They're about as clueless as the muppets that play on their tables.

Re: Sporting Odds :rollin at GaF

They're about as clueless as the muppets that play on their tables.
That's why I want to get back in! Its easier playing muppets on cash than it is in tourneys as you can wait all day if you want to for that perfect hand (although I did get AA turned over by an all-in caller with J8s). :lol