** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

EW Double System

slapdash

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: EW Double System Hmm. Ladbrokes have made a Rule 4 deduction to my winnings. Their rules say "Bets on the remaining runners in that race, taken at Early Prices or at Show Prices prior to withdrawal, will be subject to a deduction". I suppose the "prior to withdrawal" could be construed to apply only to Show Prices. Anyway, I've written them a polite email, so we'll see.

A. Mr. Wolf (3.15 Beverley) placed B. Best Guess (4.40 Newmarket) won 4/1 C. Bigalos Bandit (3.15 Beverley) lost D. Emily (4.40 Newmarket) lost E. In The Dip 4.35 Listowel lost F. Aldbury Grey 4.40 Newm lost G. Cottingham 4.25 Bev lost H. Cornus 3.15 Bev won
Not a bad day, with my first succesful win double. I thought I'd have to wait much longer. Almost even better, with Cottingham fifth, just 3/4 of a length out of the places. Though if it had been placed, I'd be kicking myself for dropping the trebles. (And if it had won ...loon.gif.) Sorry that I only posted Cornus at the last minute, about half an hour before the race. It was just below my standards for a selection earlier, but it wasn't until then that the Betfair prices dropped just enough to make it qualify. There was a 10p Rule 4 deduction on Mr. Wolf, so the bets with returns were: AB 4.72 BH 81.84 26 points staked, so a 60.56 point profit on the day. Starting bank: 1000 points. Staked: 192 points. Current bank: 1046.89 points. P/L: +46.89 points. Yield: +24.42%

Re: EW Double System I noticed that you didn't actually back Cornus over at Sports Punter so I guess that must be a bit of a disappointment. Was this just because of the lateness of the pick and time constraints or was there any other reason for not backing it as a single ? Whatever the reason. It was a good Day Slapdash. Well done. :clap

Re: EW Double System I'm going to keep track of how much of the P/L comes from the win half of the bets and how much from the place: Starting bank: 1000 points. Staked: 192 points. Current bank: 1046.89 points. P/L: +46.89 points (win -6, place +52.89) Yield: +24.42% So despite today's success, the win bets still have a negative yield of -6.25%. The place bets have a yield so far of +55.09%.

Re: EW Double System

A. Impeller 3.55 Goodwood lost B. Wings of Dawn 3.05 Redcar lost C. Nisr 5.55 Redcar lost D. Countrywide Belle 3.05 Redcar lost E. Cicatrice 2.10 Goodwood lost F. Talcen Gwyn 5.40 Goodwood lost G. Detonate 5.40 Goodwood lost H. Petite Mac 5.55 Redcar lost
And I mentioned another two whose prices dropped before I could post them here. They were: Johnny Parkes 3.20 Goodwood lost Handa Island 2.20 Perth lost There are only ten tipsters on sports-punter.com who wouldn't have gone into the red after a day like this. frown2.gif I have this Placepot system I'm trying to sell if anybody's interested. tongue2.gif The good thing is that days like this make it easy to update the stats: Starting bank: 1000 points. Staked: 226 points. Current bank: 1012.89 points. P/L: +12.89 points. (win -23, place +35.89) Yield: +5.70%

Re: EW Double System Sorry, that comment about sports-punter tipsters could obviously have been read as being derogatory, but I honestly didn't mean it like that. I was trying to be self-deprecating, but it came out all wrong. embarassed.gif Tulenos, you probably know I'm signed up to get email notification of your sports-punter tips, and I was on the Brazil U17's last night (I went to Brazil earlier this summer and came back with hepatitis and deep-vein thrombosis, so I reckoned they owed me something!). I was also lucky enough not to read the email until after the price had drifted. Nice tip! bigokay.gif