** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NAPS COMPETITION - PROPOSED NEW RULES VOTE

49 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

To be fair, that’s a pretty decent strike rate at those odds!

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

Are we, me included getting off topic here? its a simple enough vote on a simple enough problem.

51 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Buckle up, we’ve got the best part of another fortnight yet! I vote we bring the deadline forward but I suspect @MCLARKE enjoys watching our little Oxford Debating Society having a bit of to and fro.

Indeed, it's always interesting to hear people's views, as long as they are racing related. I'll stick to the original deadline, perhaps some are on their yacht in the Caribbean for 3 weeks.

2 hours ago, calva decoy said:

Re this competition , if you look on the last couple of days of any month ( and I include myself in this ) you'll get loads of people placing naps with prices of 33-100/1 shots in all hope that one will oblige which for probably 95% + of the people doing so wouldn't go with their regular betting patterns & similarly so for the fantastic Festival Competitions that are run on here , it's not always the best punter who wins , a little bit of luck from a long shot Larry can also take the spoils .

Indeed, if you randomly picked 100/1 shots you would probably hit lucky once a year and win that month's competition. There may well be members who are consistently very good with long odds selections but generally it is easier to make long terms profits with shorter odds horses due to the longshot-favourite bias.

6 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Indeed, if you randomly picked 100/1 shots you would probably hit lucky once a year and win that month's competition. There may well be members who are consistently very good with long odds selections but generally it is easier to make long terms profits with shorter odds horses due to the longshot-favourite bias.

As I've said before in places - there is no challenge in looking at tomorrows racing and picking the shortest odds on bet - even my dog could do that if I had one :rollin

Some punters actually like a bit of a challenge and try to pick decent priced winners - most of the time 😀

Coupled with some other selections it actually adds some excitement to the day - instead of the same old dross getting hammered out most of the time :zzz

Anyway each to his own - if you can skin £10 profit per month then good luck with that. 💣

• MCLARKE unpinned this topic