** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cazoo World Championship

Fader

Straight into the big one then. The World Championships. Quallies start today. Players I like at decent prices to qualify

2pts Xu Si to qualify from Section 2 6/1 bet365
2pts O.Lines
to qualify from Section 3 9/2 paddypower
1pt Lerclerq
to qualify from Section 3 14/1 skybet
1pt Cahill
to qualify from Section 4 14/1 paddypower
0.5pts G.Yang
to qualify from Section 5 40/1 paddypower
1pt D.Wells
to qualify from Section 9 12/1 paddypower
1pt J.White
to qualify from Section 10 33/1 paddypower (go on Jimmy)
0.5pts H.Pinhey
to qualify from Section 11 40/1 paddypower
0.5pts D.Emery
to qualify from Section 12 28/1 paddypower
0.5pts M.Judge
to qualify from Section 13 175/1 paddypower
0.5pts A.Hill
to qualify from Section 14 25/1 skybet
0.5pts A.Burden
to qualify from Section 15 33/1 skybet
0.5pts D.Lilley
to qualify from Section 16 22/1 bet365

2 hours ago, Fader said:

Straight into the big one then. The World Championships. Quallies start today. Players I like at decent prices to qualify

2pts Xu Si to qualify from Section 2 6/1 bet365
2pts O.Lines
to qualify from Section 3 9/2 paddypower
1pt Lerclerq
to qualify from Section 3 14/1 skybet
1pt Cahill
to qualify from Section 4 14/1 paddypower
0.5pts G.Yang
to qualify from Section 5 40/1 paddypower
1pt D.Wells
to qualify from Section 9 12/1 paddypower
1pt J.White
to qualify from Section 10 33/1 paddypower (go on Jimmy)
0.5pts H.Pinhey
to qualify from Section 11 40/1 paddypower
0.5pts D.Emery
to qualify from Section 12 28/1 paddypower
0.5pts M.Judge
to qualify from Section 13 175/1 paddypower
0.5pts A.Hill
to qualify from Section 14 25/1 skybet
0.5pts A.Burden
to qualify from Section 15 33/1 skybet
0.5pts D.Lilley
to qualify from Section 16 22/1 bet365

Out of interest, as am following the games live, but Paddy Power doesn't appear to be updating their outright prices in play, despite some rank outsiders looking like they might win their opening matches. Check Stan Moody for instance, still out at 175 to 1, despite being 4-1 up. Same with 'O Neill, Pinhey and one or two others, Maybe worth a small punt on some of the long odds outsiders, especially the ones who are close to winning their first qualifying matches.

7 minutes ago, amity said:

Out of interest, as am following the games live, but Paddy Power doesn't appear to be updating their outright prices in play, despite some rank outsiders looking like they might win their opening matches. Check Stan Moody for instance, still out at 175 to 1, despite being 4-1 up. Same with 'O Neill, Pinhey and one or two others, Maybe worth a small punt on some of the long odds outsiders, especially the ones who are close to winning their first qualifying matches.

It's likely because the price is more top ended in the draw. I.e, Moody might beat Petrov but the price is more because he has to beat Anda and then Guodong over a best of 19. That being said, I'm sure there are some advantages to that for certain players that have been there before and players that are less likely to freeze. i.e, like Wells, O'Neill.

I think we all want Jimmy to do well so here's hoping! Interesting grudge match for Hendry vs his ex-nephew whom he selfishly refused to help when he was starting out in the game, I reckon Cahill should win easily as Stephen's just not got what it takes these days to compete. Marco Fu has played terribly today and looks like getting dumped out quite soon. Best of luck with those selections.

Yeah, I was watching it on Matchroom live too, surprised they're on table one but I guess looking at the other players on show it's probably the right choice. Poomjang took the longest toilet break after losing the first frame, well over 5 minutes, the ref had words with him when he returned! In fact it's surprising the refs don't go out for toilet breaks more often as a lot of them are quite old and as we know age affects your bladder retention! Certainly was worth a touch at 2-2 but after that Poom got it together and ended up with a deserved 6-2 lead going into tonight's final session. I quite like watching Mink as she has a cute face:-)

30 minutes ago, charliepie said:

What a shame it didn't go 8-8, might have got interesting then but Poom ought to win it from 9-7 up I reckon.

Yeah very close to going 8-8. Think Matthew Steven's shouldn't have much of an issue against him in the 2nd round. 

2 minutes ago, charliepie said:

What a start for Hendry, century number 777 I think with a 102 break including a couple of amazing doubles (he's always saying how useless he is at them!) It might be an interesting match and a decent crowd watching him and Ken on the adjacent table.

yeah, Cahill has been woeful also but that century was something special from Hendry. 

Fidget is going well for you as is Zak and of the other 2 surely one will win. I was a bit premature with my excitement after the first frame century from Hendry, he'll be disappointed to be 7-2 down. I thought James might have been feeling a bit of pressure to beat uncle Stephen - the Tart sisters will be celebrating around 8pm tonight🥂

Will take Kleckers to beat Hugill tomorrow. I wasn't very impressed with Hugill in his match against an amateur in Pragnall. Pragnall is a decent player but Hugill only managed 4 50+ breaks in a match that had a lot of frames. Kleckers beat him last time they played back in 2019 at Q-School. Kleckers also has the better recent form and so as long as he can get to grips with the faster table conditions quickly, I would fancy Kleckers to come through.

4pts Kleckers to beat Hugill 5/4 paddypower

3 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Kleckers is one of the worst players I've ever watched lol

+2

Hugill was terrible and there for the taking. He had 1 50+ break and Kleckers had 3 or 4 i think it was and that was at 3-3. Just how. Seemed to get in every time and then throw it away. Very odd. Can only hope tomorrow he wakes up.

I was going to have a bet on Pinchers too as he played well last round but didn't in the end, I see he's current 9-6 up(was 9-4) but he will probably get over the line. Still time for Kleckers tomorrow fingers crossed. Stevens only just got past Poom when it should have gone 9-9 really.

Edited by charliepie