** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Valero Texas Open

Johnrobertson

Taking a look at this today but based on his form at the WGC Matchplay, I have to put up Corey Conners. Looked in fine nick and was very unlucky to lose that match with Burns who then went and won the event to show that form.

Equally how is Hatton a favourite here with that Matchplay form :D

1.5pts e/w C.Conners to win Valero 25/1 bet365 (5 places, 1/4th)

2pts Si Woo Kim 20/1 bet365
-----------------------------------------
1pt e/w JJSpaun 33/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5th)
1pt e/w R.Fox 40/1 bet365 (5 places, 1/4th)
-----------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w N.Hardy 80/1 skybet (8 places, 1/5th)
0.5pts e/w Van Rooyen 80/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5th)
0.5pts e/w R.Moore 200/1 paddypower (8 places, 1/5th)

Going for some more of the fancied ones:-

N Taylor 45/1 ew 8 places 1/5 hills -  A couple of second places this season on the tour.

N Hardy 80/1 ew 8 places 1/5 skybet -  Very talented young player could be coming back into form 13th last week.

K Streelman 80/1 ew 8 places 1/5 hills - Loves the course 7 attempts 7 made cuts and 6 in the top 20

D Ghim 150/1 ew 8 places 1/5 betfair -  Back into form, 27th in the Valspar and 16th last week.

Put quite a few on as only tourniquet on then the masters which I've already got main bets on anyway.

All free bets bar Kuchar which I put on in error as cash bet, but hey ho.

1st round leader - was between Riley, Kirk and Pendrith, opted for Riley.

The above 3 I've put on, Kirk and Riley win only and Pendrith ew 8 pl

Conners ew 8pl

Ew 10 pl on kuchar, fox and spaun

win only on fowler.

Good luck all.

One that keeps popping up when I look at stats and players that can play well in the wind and the soft conditions etc is Grillo who is 80/1 first round leader. I don't want to be picking out loads as first round leader but 80 is a huge price for a player with all the right stats

11 hours ago, Fader said:

Riley would have been on many peoples shortlist, I'm sure. Happens sometimes doesn't it?

Yeah your right. I don't really go with tipsters and stuff and my decisions are never really taken notice on them, but I did see his name in several places bumming him up.

It's a lost bet but I'm getting the equivalent of a £10 bet for £5, will probably use it on USPGA as that's the big one in May or use next week.

Edited by fd1972uk

21 hours ago, Fader said:

With all this win today and tomorrow and this rain coming down,  taking these 3 for 1st round leader. All 1/4th 5 places

0.5pts e/w B.Todd 30/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w Conners 45/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w JJ Spaun 50/1 bet365

I don't think anybody is catching Conners for 1st round leader. That's nearly twice the price of the outright. Lovely.

I'm glad Conners got me that 1st round leader because he just capitulated.  Double bogey and then bogey again. Check this out 

Shot 1206 yds to green, 51 ft 11 in. to hole
Shot 2Putt 55 ft 6 in., 4 ft 0 in. to hole
Shot 3Putt 6 ft 10 in., 2 ft 6 in. to hole
Shot 4Putt 3 ft 5 in., 15 in. to hole
Shot 5In the hole

17 hours ago, Fader said:

I'm glad Conners got me that 1st round leader because he just capitulated.  Double bogey and then bogey again. Check this out 

Shot 1206 yds to green, 51 ft 11 in. to hole
Shot 2Putt 55 ft 6 in., 4 ft 0 in. to hole
Shot 3Putt 6 ft 10 in., 2 ft 6 in. to hole
Shot 4Putt 3 ft 5 in., 15 in. to hole
Shot 5In the hole

Definitely looks like some issues with the flat stick for Conners there. Not making excuses for a putting performance the equivalent of mine, though maybe windy exposed greens played a part here?

5 hours ago, fd1972uk said:

Well done mate, Rodgers taking the piss after that Puntacana debacle. Typical.

Should have took my Dad's advice, always stick with a choice. Might collapse but annoying.

Hard lines mate. Keep the chin up, this might be all part of a bigger picture when you go and land Augusta punting glory next week instead.

13 minutes ago, MinellaWorksop said:

Definitely looks like some issues with the flat stick for Conners there. Not making excuses for a putting performance the equivalent of mine, though maybe windy exposed greens played a part here?

Yeah, I do think so. Normally he is decent in windy conditions. I think next couple days are bit more manageable 

5 minutes ago, fd1972uk said:

So glad he did, I do agree what was said earlier couldn't see him holding on, Conners was the fav going into the final round.

Still woulda been nice ew, meh.

I read something like there's never been a player win from further than a shot or 2 back on the Sunday or something like that at Valero but the guy that finished 2nd was a whisker away from going to a play-off with his eagle and then nearly birdie last 2. Dunno about you but I was worried lol