** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat-Thursday 23rd March.

Ludlow. 

Double. 

4.10. First Figaro       9/2     unpl

5.20. No No Tango      4/1    unpl

singles & double 

Double. 

3.00. Ludl. Cartonne     2/1     2nd 

5.10. Sedg. Lovin.Jukebox    4/1    2nd 

singles & double. 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

Sedgefield

GREY SKIES 

Win

Has to give nearly two stones to tellhimlisten and in theory has no chance on paper. Luckily this race is run on grass and oats, and the bare facts are whilst the favourite has won four on the trot and is due to go up a stone after today and should win easily in chase debut, he's never jumped a fence under rules. Secondly all his wins have come in class five. Spectacular as they have been, 2/9 about this runner are well worth opposing. GREY SKIES has had a wind operation since last run and looks open to improvement seeking a first fences win and can jump ahead before the favourite can take advantage of the weights. Furthermore Grey Skies has come down from about 130 in the ratings so may have plenty more about him than shown as yet.

I'd be much happier losing on a 3/1 shot in a match bet than the odds on jolly here...

Edited by sporting sam

2pm. 

Sedgefield

NELL'S BELLS

Win

Cork

Any runner to win by more than six lengths @ 13/8.

it may be that calico may provide Sam Ewing with a winner at last for Gordon Elliott after about a hundred rides. In my mind it is barely credible that you can ride for a top yard and not win and that is Bourne out by his performances for other trainers in the interim at Dundalk and in England. All you need do is list all of his runners and follow them with improvement over the Sumner and autumn almost gauranteed... Also Bourne out by Cheltenham runs on affordale fury and in the gold cup.

Edited by sporting sam

One more selection before I drift back to my other lair!!

Jacks profit 

Win

and win without Welsh charger

Pulled out a stunning performance last time out here to shock Welsh charger at win at 50/1.

I'd like to say I was on him at that price but I bottled it and backed him for a place only at 10/1.

He got a stone and four pounds last time, but still gets 10 pounds from Welsh charger.

Since that run jacks profit has scored again on the all weather so comes here fit again for a yard which turns over a tidy profit for it's army of followers of which must be the chief commander!!!

L15

3.45 Chp Barrier Peaks 11/4 (1 pt win at 4.3)

4..20 Chp William Philo 9/2

4.55 Chp Strong Bell 5/1

5.20 Lud Amrons Sage 5/2

1 x 0.20 L15 = 3 pts poss return 194.31

Total stakes = 4 points

4.55 Chp Strong Bell 1.60 win at 7.6

= 5.60 stakes

I will leave Amrons Sage alone if Strong Bell fails to fire

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one winner today with my last selection. Betfred paid 3 x the odds so 1.70 returned on the L15.  My Loos today was -3.90 MTD is +17.01 and YTD is -78.26

I hope to have more time for selections tomorrow 

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE