** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - March 13 - March 19

Ugo Humbert is in top form right now.. I will say for sure that line is off today by 70 points minimum. I would give Humbert +250 maximum odds. I am very tempted with this.. It sure would be one hell of a watch.. He'd have to keep the ball away from Rublev's forehand. But, Ugo Humbert did win the last match they played.. Was on Grasscourts however. Straight sets through the first two rounds are impressive. 

14 minutes ago, money44 said:

Ugo Humbert is in top form right now.. I will say for sure that line is off today by 70 points minimum. I would give Humbert +250 maximum odds. I am very tempted with this.. It sure would be one hell of a watch.. He'd have to keep the ball away from Rublev's forehand. But, Ugo Humbert did win the last match they played.. Was on Grasscourts however. Straight sets through the first two rounds are impressive. 

I couldn't back Humbert right now with house money. Not after one of the worst collapses I've even seen in the final he just played against Van Assche. Even if he gets into a winning position, let's see if he can close it out. Not something I'd want to bet on.

11 hours ago, money44 said:

Good call on Rublev winning Torque.. You might have saved me from trying that bet.. Thank god.. I was pretty tempted. 

Anyone here got an opinion on the Radacanu - Beatriz Haddad Maia match ? Kvitova - Pegula ? I am interested in both of these. 

I think we'll likely see Raducanu take a set on Bia

Emma Raducanu/Bia Haddad Maia over 2.5 sets at 2.40 with Unibet

I think like I said we'll likely see Emma take a set here because she's in a good spot right now which is not what I can say about Bia. But still Bia is a good player and she'll probably avoid losing but she's gone through some tough moments in her matches lately and it might be the case here to.

32 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Emma Raducanu/Bia Haddad Maia over 2.5 sets at 2.40 with Unibet

I think like I said we'll likely see Emma take a set here because she's in a good spot right now which is not what I can say about Bia. But still Bia is a good player and she'll probably avoid losing but she's gone through some tough moments in her matches lately and it might be the case here to.

I have trouble betting over/unders.. could easily go over 2.5.  I don't have any big reads, but I am wondering if Kvitova will advance past Pegula.. Petra looks good on these courts to me.. they are slow enough for her to take big wacks at the ball, and that changes the way her opponent can move her around the court... I really like the odds also. 

yeah it is tomorrow.. I might go with Wawrinka instead of Kvitova.. That was my initial thought, and Stan says he is feeling great physically.. From what i've seen.. he's also playing better, and he could force Rune into mistakes is what i'm thinking. The match seems way closer than the odds.. I might do a live bet on this instead or just wait to see if he loses.. Definitely gonna be tricky.. I have a problem betting him and losing. 

Petra Kvitova to beat Pegula @ 2.75 

I am hedging this with two other +money bets . I already write Petra. She is playing well from what I saw.. I stop myself from going against last round because I like what I see. Jessica is a beatable player imo, and she could easily win, but I have this rated as a flip. Petra is raw value like Czech Punter said.. He would never lay the odds given here. GL guys! I've already placed these bets. 

End of the day .. I got too far ahead of myself with Kvitova and should have split stakes on Garin which might be a better bet.. I am still considering risking for the second match.  I am not going to post the match here, but I may decide to bet on Christian Garin with the exact same odds. 

Fokina scares me, but initial thought was above for tomorrow's matches when watched the Ruud upset happen. Garin is one of my players I like to back, and I have lost on him too many times, and won a couple as well. So, this scared me off of him, and switched me over to Kvitova.. I think both players are doing really well right now, but that's it for me.. I've typed too much about these matches, and I need to re-group(take a couple days off) later guys! 

Alexander Zverev to beat Daniil Medvedev at 4.00 with bet365

Sascha isn't at his best. Far from it. He lacks confidence and he's playing a little tentative, as if he's worried about reinjuring his ankle... If he somehow manages to play Medvedev without the concern of a setback, great things might happen for him today. Also, the price is just too high to ignore.

Edited by Foo_Fighter

Maria Sakkari to beat Kvitova @-165

I feel as though I've got a decent read on this tournament so far since I jumped in a little bit late, but now with a bit of a foothold.. I was really impressed with Sakkari in her last match. The shots she was hitting, movement, and the quality of opponent are all high points, and I think she does a little bit better than Pegula on this surface especially considering she made the finals last year, and seems to be completely in form. I thought Petra played average today, and I am concerned that she could play better but ulitmately her serve is not reliable enough to back, and Maria seems motivated to keep going.  It's a bit of an entertainment bet for me if I"m being honest.  I don't think there's crazy value on this, but I am trying to adjust my betting strategy to include more conservative bets like these, and build my bankroll in alternate ways.  Good luck guys!

19 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Alexander Zverev to beat Daniil Medvedev at 4.00 with bet365

Sascha isn't at his best. Far from it. He lacks confidence and he's playing a little tentative, as if he's worried about reinjuring his ankle... If he somehow manages to play Medvedev without the concern of a setback, great things might happen for him today. Also, the price is just too high to ignore.

Pity this didn't come in..so close.

What do you guys think about Sabalenka, Alcaraz and Tiafoe?

The slower surface might help Gauff but if Sabalenka plays her best like she does from the start of the year, she must come with a win out of this one.

Not sure about Alcaraz and also did anybody watch Tiafoe? He is at 2.30 against Norrie

Edited by sterziyskii

4 hours ago, sterziyskii said:

What do you guys think about Sabalenka, Alcaraz and Tiafoe?

The slower surface might help Gauff but if Sabalenka plays her best like she does from the start of the year, she must come with a win out of this one.

Not sure about Alcaraz and also did anybody watch Tiafoe? He is at 2.30 against Norrie

Norrie should be far more versatile and equipped to withstand anything Bigfoe throws at him. I bet Alcaraz will reach the final, his hunger for being no.1 again is big. Saba shouldn't have any problems reaching the final to have a rematch with Iga.