** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bookmaker changed odds after bet placed?

Robtatse

Hi all

I placed a bet this morning with a bookmaker on a football game. The odds I placed were 3/1 and it was a fairly large bet. 

The bet was confirmed and I could see it in the ‘My Bets’ section. I also have a screenshot of the bet with the odds.

Once the game was in play I went back into ‘My Bets’ and could see the odds had been changed to 4/5! I contacted live chat and he said he could see there had been a big change in the odds of my bet after placement.

It’s been passed to the traders and I am awaiting a response. 

Are they allowed to do this? I had already placed the bet so surely they can’t? Incidentally the bet won and paid out at the lower odds and I am pretty furious. 

Edited by Robtatse

They're allowed to do it if for example somebody is trying to manipulate by betting on a goal they know as happened and there is a slight delay. 

For example, if you're at a match and bet as they go to score in an empty net and you know that's going to be a goal. 

Paste your betslips pre and after

I’m sorry this is completely different, the bet was placed over an hour before kick off, then I checked the bet 10 minutes after kick off and the odds had been changed.

Im not happy posting the betslip, you’ll have to take my word for it? I wouldn’t come on and make it up.

OK, well if that's the case and there was that much of a gap then absolutely you have a case. I'm not saying you are lying, Rob. I'm giving you an idea on what they would class as a fair denial of your winnings.

The screenshot you could have hid the amount. That isn't important. If the gap is anything over 5mins then I would suggest making a complaint. If they ignore you then take it further.

Yes they can do it, sometimes it’s reasonable, sometimes it’s not. If you tell us what the bet was we can offer an opinion on whether it was reasonable in this instance or not.

If you took 3/1 about something that should clearly have been much closer to an even money shot and was priced accordingly elsewhere then you’d be lucky for the 3/1 to be honoured. They’d be well within their rights to correct it in some way in accordance with their terms and conditions on palpable errors. Sometimes the bet is voided, sometimes the odds are corrected. Ideally they’d contact you in advance to inform you of the situation and give you the choice whether or not to let the bet stand at the shorter price.

It all depends on how the price compared to a sensible take on the “true” odds and what the rest of the market was offering at the time.