** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Imperial cup Saturday 11 th March

It's that lull before the storm of Cheltenham....but my friend said he's not managed to get the winner of the imperial cup in 9 years lol ....so has tasked me with breaking the hoo doo and try and fill the coffers before the fest 

Firstly ....we had to look at what's making it so hard ....looking at the race you just find the form horse ....lots of experience etc etc .....but nooooo.....if you look at previous winners of this race it always seems to be the hiding under a blanket ....probably hasn't shown anything or maybe won a lowly race ....in essence the usual winner improves 10lb on the day blitzing anything its done before so your looking for the proverbial unexposed superimprover 

So ....I tasked the computer to give small bonuses to horses that fitted the profiles of previous winners as well as having shown enough base form to be good enough to maybe win this if improving a bit and out of current 30 runners (only 22 will run ) it threw back the following 

Man o work 

Djelo 

Holetown hero 

Hardy de seuil

Nickle back 

Paramount 

Winner may be on this list ...maybe not .....but Computer is saying these 6 are the nearest horses holding the required level of form and fitting the profile of previous winners 

I can't narrow down any further .....I've had 10pt on man o war at 15.0 ....purely because one of my notes I made said watch out for a irish horse coup ( They seem to aim at this )...and his price looked a bit crazy ....as long as he runs ...

What I need is help trying to shorten this list  ....do anyone have any of these horses on their trackers or notebooks as potential big improvers or big race potentials ?????

15 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

From sporting life ....

Screenshot_20230308-174905_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230308-174908_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230308-174940_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230308-174933_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230308-174927_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230308-174914_Samsung Internet.jpg

Only man o work ( already backed 10pts 15.0) ....djelo and Hardy de seuil left so That makes it easy I'll back all 3 and hope lady luck lends a hand ...lots of dangers though  

Edit ..got 16.0 on other two 

Edited by richard-westwood

Hi Richard i have just rated the impprial cup It looks a difficult race

Soaring star 95 3rd in a grade 1

Salsada 92 brilliant speed figure last race gr 2

punctuation 87

monviel  84

I like soaring star and see salsada as the big danger

Edited by Budgie 65

21 minutes ago, Budgie 65 said:

Hi Richard i have just rated the impwrial view. It looks a difficult race

Soaring star 95 3rd in a grade 1

Salsada 92 brillian speed figure last race gr 2

punctuation 87

monviel  84

I like soaring star and see salsada as the big danger

See ....this is exactly what I was on about above ....natural tendency is to back the highest form horses so it'll be interesting to just see how this one plays out ...downside is ground is heavy so that adds another factor 

On 3/8/2023 at 5:23 PM, richard-westwood said:

It's that lull before the storm of Cheltenham....but my friend said he's not managed to get the winner of the imperial cup in 9 years lol ....so has tasked me with breaking the hoo doo and try and fill the coffers before the fest 

Firstly ....we had to look at what's making it so hard ....looking at the race you just find the form horse ....lots of experience etc etc .....but nooooo.....if you look at previous winners of this race it always seems to be the hiding under a blanket ....probably hasn't shown anything or maybe won a lowly race ....in essence the usual winner improves 10lb on the day blitzing anything its done before so your looking for the proverbial unexposed superimprover 

So ....I tasked the computer to give small bonuses to horses that fitted the profiles of previous winners as well as having shown enough base form to be good enough to maybe win this if improving a bit and out of current 30 runners (only 22 will run ) it threw back the following 

Man o work 

Djelo 

Holetown hero 

Hardy de seuil

Nickle back 

Paramount 

Winner may be on this list ...maybe not .....but Computer is saying these 6 are the nearest horses holding the required level of form and fitting the profile of previous winners 

I can't narrow down any further .....I've had 10pt on man o war at 15.0 ....purely because one of my notes I made said watch out for a irish horse coup ( They seem to aim at this )...and his price looked a bit crazy ....as long as he runs ...

What I need is help trying to shorten this list  ....do anyone have any of these horses on their trackers or notebooks as potential big improvers or big race potentials ?????

I really liked Djelo  and followed after winning very easy at Exeter  on stable debut  but has been a big disapointment  but  could get involved if the ground gets reallly heavy. but does seem to be  on  a high mark.  I really  like Soaring  Star but imho if it goes heavy it won;t suit the horse its entered for  really Cheltenham next Friday were the ground will hopefully suit.

36 minutes ago, Tedthewolf said:

I really liked Djelo  and followed after winning very easy at Exeter  on stable debut  but has been a big disapointment  but  could get involved if the ground gets reallly heavy. but does seem to be  on  a high mark.  I really  like Soaring  Star but imho if it goes heavy it won;t suit the horse its entered for  really Cheltenham next Friday were the ground will hopefully suit.

Itsza,shot in the dark ....but sporting life has picked hardy as their choice in race so fingers crossed ? ....venetias horses usually start firing around festival time so djelo could just come good on day ( like the profile ?