** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing-Chat Friday 24th February.

kensland

6 hours ago, jonjo said:

Wooders Dream a nice winner, returned at a Bfsp of 11 ?

2 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

No! you work it out. You have backed a loser before your bet even runs because they both can't win forget the trickery in your mind to justify your choices. and also ask yourself why you didn't have gavi di gavi in a lucky 15 (3 x the odds?) thats a 27/1 winner and 10 quid back off a1 pnt single even assuming you didnt get another winner which you did, you only needed 1 more horse/race. was there not enough races to pick from today that you had to have two picks in the same race? if so then why not just have a lucky 15 with the 4 singles as side bets. (work it out after racing what your best option was/would have been) there was a good meeting in Chantilly and a brilliant meeting in dubai Meydan as well as dundalk in ireland and 4 meetings here in GB thats 50 races to choose from. You have spent 11 points today you could have had 2 x2pt or 1 point ew (6pts)  Lucky 15's and the 8 singles for 14 points. thats 8 horses running for you today and if 14 points is too many for you drop the 4 shortest price singles although i wouldn't recommend it.

You backed 2 losers in the same race let that sink in, was it worth it? now add stintino to the second 3 and calculate 8 singles and 2 x L15. and compare it to your actual returns. total bets= £14.  returns are £10 + £2.50 from the singles and about £6 quid the luckys assuming treble the odds total £18.50 a profit of £4.50. How much have you won today? at the stakes you are playing with, the ew is pretty pointless to be honest. to be in profit long term if doing ew all the selections in a L15 should be greater than 4 or 5/1 and maybe a couple above 8/1.

Edited by Zilzalian

18 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

5.10 Smooth ryder 0.50 ew at 4/1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bomb Squad got beaten a nose and Dark Design got beat half a length.  Gavi Di Gavi won and Smooth Ryder placed.  Three returns yielded 12.06 hence I made a profit of 1.06 @Bang onshould be proud of me ?.  Seriously, I did limit the races for my multiples to his previously advised races to include for betting purposes.  This make my MTD -60.70 and YTD -84.40

I am looking forward to tomorrow's racing

Have to agree with @Zilzalian about the EW bets - especially on a 4/1 chance. All you are doing is 'accepting losses' but trying to limit them. 

On the positive side.. doesn't winning 1pt feel better than losing ? Keep it up.