** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

SIR PUNTALOT KO CUP SEMI FINAL - Deadline Saturday 2pm

MCLARKE

On 2/18/2023 at 8:40 AM, dj.orange said:

13:50 Ascot   Kinondo Kwetu   4.0   bet365

14:40 Haydock   Omar Maretti   5.5   bet365

20:00 Newcastle   Gunnerside   3.75  betvictor

Reserve

15:35 Ascot   Shishkin   2.875   bet365

I hope I am not stepping out of line: As our friend is in Hospital can you name a day for our rematch  and we can fight it out then :0)

Can someone  help? None of us had a winner but both had a non runner.

I put up a sub DJ never.

So I had 4 losing bets DJ had 2 losing bets.

Do non runners and failure to put up a sub count as  losses or has DJ won?

Edited by Fist2k8

A can of worms for sure, If you are correct I can wait and see how my opponents horses run and if they all lose I only need to post 1 selection and I win.

In fact I don't need to post anything and I win LOL

If that is the way it is so be it and I wish DJ all the best in the final

but the rules IMO should be changed to NO selection is a loser.

Edited by Fist2k8

9 hours ago, Fist2k8 said:

A can of worms for sure, If you are correct I can wait and see how my opponents horses run and if they all lose I only need to post 1 selection and I win.

Hmm, only had a quick look but I think you’re misinterpreting the rules on multiple levels! Firstly the rules say that you must submit 3 selections and there’s a 2 pm deadline so I think you lose if you fail to post the correct number of selections in time. So I don’t think the situation is anywhere near as wormy as you think.

I think your reserve is invalid either because it was posted after the deadline or because it was posted after your bets had started. (More sure on the latter point than the first.)

So if you both posted 2 losing selections with a non-runner I guess that constitutes a tie?  Could do with a more authoritative opinion than mine but I’m pretty sure your take is well off.

My reserve is legal if you read the rules.........If DJ had posted a reserve after my 1st horses had started to run that would have been illegal according ti this rule:-

Reserves can be added in case of NR's but not if you or your opponents bet has started,

The only question that remains is a non runner you have failed to cover with a reserve a loser or not. 

In the interest of fair play I would say it has to be deemed a loser.

That said unless someone comes up with the answerr I will concede to DJ as I can't claim any reward if I win anyway ..(Paypal is not allowed in Thailand at this time.)

20 hours ago, Fist2k8 said:

Not so, because you need to post 3 selections and the selections need to be posted before 2pm, along with reserves. If you do not post, it is immediately victory by default to your opponent.

Had you left your selections as they were and NOT replaced your NR, then you would have won as you would have been -2 against your opponents -3.

Thats how I understand it anyway

14 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Hmm, only had a quick look but I think you’re misinterpreting the rules on multiple levels! Firstly the rules say that you must submit 3 selections and there’s a 2 pm deadline so I think you lose if you fail to post the correct number of selections in time. So I don’t think the situation is anywhere near as wormy as you think.

I think your reserve is invalid either because it was posted after the deadline or because it was posted after your bets had started. (More sure on the latter point than the first.)

So if you both posted 2 losing selections with a non-runner I guess that constitutes a tie?  Could do with a more authoritative opinion than mine but I’m pretty sure your take is well off.

Just been reading this and imho you are correct Harry. the rules seem clear enough to me.

1 hour ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

With @MCLARKE still unwell think you will have to wait  till he gets back to sort it ?

I agree that whatever happens it will need the guvnor's ratification but I'd say the situation is clear enough that they remain tied. Both posted 3 losers at the first attempt and both posted 2 losers and a NR at the second attempt. (The reserve was posted too late to be valid; both after the 2:00 deadline and after the day's bets had started.). Play-offs in the event of a tie are supposed to take place the next day (as per rules) but normally @MCLARKE would be around to prod and prompt. 

I'd suggest that @Fist2k8 and @dj.orange should go again tomorrow in an attempt to produce a winner (and Friday again in the event of yet another stalemate). I'd also suggest (in the interests of keeping it tidy) that any reserves are posted in the original post.

@Zilzalian would you concur?

6 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

I agree that whatever happens it will need the guvnor's ratification but I'd say the situation is clear enough that they remain tied. Both posted 3 losers at the first attempt and both posted 2 losers and a NR at the second attempt. (The reserve was posted too late to be valid; both after the 2:00 deadline and after the day's bets had started.). Play-offs in the event of a tie are supposed to take place the next day (as per rules) but normally @MCLARKE would be around to prod and prompt. 

I'd suggest that @Fist2k8 and @dj.orange should go again tomorrow in an attempt to produce a winner (and Friday again in the event of yet another stalemate). I'd also suggest (in the interests of keeping it tidy) that any reserves are posted in the original post.

@Zilzalian would you concur?

Agreed harry ?

18 minutes ago, Fist2k8 said:

Thanks for your input guys I have messaged DJ but no reply so far. 

I won't post selections until either I have heard from him, he posts or until Friday before 2pm.

Given the situation with Clarkey - As long as you both agree, there is no reason not to replay tomorrow and if still tied again Friday as @harry_rag has suggested.

1 minute ago, Zilzalian said:

Given the situation with Clarkey - As long as you both agree, there is no reason not to replay tomorrow and if still tied again Friday as @harry_rag has suggested.

Yes, I was going to say post tomorrow. You've PM'd him, I tagged him in my post, he seems to visit every day to post a nap and replays are supposed to be next day.

If you wait too long, he might post and you've hardly any time left.

I think you should both regard tomorrow as the replay day with a requirement to post 3 selections by 2pm.