** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat-Tuesday 14th February.

kensland

13 minutes ago, Budgie 65 said:

hi im trying to get hold of skybet its impossible for my freebet,dont bother call ladbrokes they never answer voting with my foot where the sun dont shine,if you do get hold of em  post it

Yes, this is a point that I am trying to make; Skybet seem to make it impossible to contact them.  They just spurt out loads of reports and ask if this is helpful. And all that happens when you pursue your query is it bounces back to an initial query form.  At least with Betfred one can phone up and speak to a live human being

Oddschecker has a tickbox on the day of the race which highlights who does BOG.

I think bet365 and corals are the main ones who offer the day before but corals always seem to price up later than everyone so they dont get burnt.

As @MCLARKE states sky dont offer bog on extra place races anymore.

I also think betfred dont offer bog on lucky15/31/63 - you can have the treble the odds one winner but then not bog as well.

As for contacting customer service i've success using twitter.

26 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Yes, this is a point that I am trying to make; Skybet seem to make it impossible to contact them.  They just spurt out loads of reports and ask if this is helpful. And all that happens when you pursue your query is it bounces back to an initial query form.  At least with Betfred one can phone up and speak to a live human being

I've never really had too many issues with any of them

When I haven't received the free bets it's usually because I have missed something in the small print

My biggest error was the Grand National £125 free bet from BET365, I complained that I hadn't received it and they pointed out in the small print that the bet had to be put on on by 12.00, I put it on at 12.10 !

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

Try live chat with slybet

12 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

RESULTS UPDATE

No joy with the L15 today, I will try and do two tomorrow.  Had 2 good placed outsiders, I don't know how Fade To Gray went from my 22/1 to 4/1.  Unfortunately. all the money couldn't make it run faster.  My loss on the day was 6.50.  This makes my MTD -22.11 and YTD -45.81

Still couldn't get hold of the help desk at Skybet.  Even tried on twitter but that failed too.

Does anyone know which top bookies pay out on BOG right now.  Google says that Bet365 and Betfred do it but I haven't seen it flagged when placing my bets 

tells you on oddschecker above every race

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I did try this earlier in the day and I was skipped out of it.  I tried just now and it says offline.  Will give it another go tomorrow

Tried again this morning.  Chat is still offline.  Tried again with Twitter, message comes up saying "oops something went wrong try again later.  I am just wondering if anyone can get through to the help desk at Skybet.  The phone says offline too

14 hours ago, Budgie 65 said:

hi im trying to get hold of skybet its impossible for my freebet,dont bother call ladbrokes they never answer voting with my foot where the sun dont shine,if you do get hold of em  post it

Tried again this morning.  Chat is still offline.  Tried again with Twitter, message comes up saying "oops something went wrong try again later.  I am just wondering if anyone can get through to the help desk at Skybet.  The phone says offline too

6 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Just got through to Josh on live chat.

6 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

What's the problem with Twitter? You should be able just to send a tweet to SkyBet help. I assume you are a registered Twitter user? If not, you won't be able to contact them down that route. I can go to Sky Bet help on Twitter and could just tweet them a query if I needed to so I can't see any barrier to you doing the same.

6 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

What's the problem with Twitter? You should be able just to send a tweet to SkyBet help. I assume you are a registered Twitter user? If not, you won't be able to contact them down that route. I can go to Sky Bet help on Twitter and could just tweet them a query if I needed to so I can't see any barrier to you doing the same.

I am registered with Twitter though I don't use it very often.  I was just saying what happened when I tried to contact Skybet through Twitter. I will try the live chat again now.  Many thanks

2 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

I am registered with Twitter though I don't use it very often.  I was just saying what happened when I tried to contact Skybet through Twitter. I will try the live chat again now.  Many thanks

Have you actually gone directly to Twitter (while signed in) and tried to just send a tweet to @skybethelp ? I honestly can't see why that wouldn't work. I'm assuming you've clicked on a link from Sky Bet when you get that "oops something's wrong" message. Anyway, Twitter is working fine and there should be no barrier to you contacting them that way should all else fail.