** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat-Wednesday 8th February.

55 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

I hope it does.  Hasn't Michael @MCLARKEchosen this one too?

Try not to back more than one horse in each race it is counter productive and you have backed 3 in each. there is no harm in losing. I know i know u got a double on the b bet but that if you deduct the cost of the  c bet then u gained very little if anything all you are doing is taking away any profit you may gain from the first bet. if anything double up the first bet to a 40p lucky 15 if you want to spend 6 points. You need to stop backing unnecessary losing bets your fear of losing (or need to play safe) is stopping you from winning.

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

Try not to back more than one horse in each race it is counter productive and you have backed 3 in each. there is no harm in losing. I know i know u got a double on the b bet but that if you deduct the cost of the  c bet then u gained very little if anything all you are doing is taking away any profit you may gain from the first bet. if anything double up the first bet to a 40p lucky 15 if you want to spend 6 points. You need to stop backing unnecessary losing bets your fear of losing (or need to play safe) is stopping you from winning.

Yes, I usually try to bet in different races but had very few races left to go.  I like doing 3 Lucky 15 bets for small stakes which I will continue to do.  What I am trying to do is cultivate "a correct positive" attitude towards my betting which to me is more important than anything else.  The win bets will increase in time in relation to the proportion spent on the L15's.  I made 3.17 pts today so no harm done.  Thanks for your advice.

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Funny enough I paid for the L15  with Lightship (by mistake on my part so I should get back £1 for that if I get no other winners).  I now only have £7.50 left in Free bets so I shall use that on my singles and pay for the L15's as Harry suggests to get the enhanced terms

In the good old days when I used to get lots of free bets I found that backing horses to win at odds between 13/2 and 10/1 when the horse was best price on oddschecker was the best way to utilise the free bet