** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing chat-monday 6th feb

14 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

7.00 wolv 

Super den  8.0 9/1

Baby steps  7.9 11/1 

Abnaa     7.6 4/1 

Abnaa is on a roll going for 3 timer but top 2 look ew value to take him on ...5pt ew top 2 

Super den non runner ....abnaa is available at  11/1 Strangely but that's got to be a value bet now  so I'll go abnaa as replacement

Wolv 6.00

Quite a hot favourite here in Tollerton Forest who has won his last two races. But they were both classified stakes and she's back in a handicap today. What's more she won those 2 races on consecutive days and has now had  a month off ...... maybe she peaked for those 2 days and now might need a run ?. Most of the others here are class 6 handicappers who don't win  but regularly run to a level pretty consistently. Looking for one that's doing something different today and She's A Mirage has first time visor. She's been getting beaten 2 or 3 lengths in her handicaps and if the visor sharpens her up a bit she could improve a couple of lengths ....... anyway in a poor race she's an EW price

She's A Mirage - EW at 14/1 bet365

Wolv 6.30 

Hubert's Dream is favourite here having won 3 on the bounce before finishing 5th last time. During that run he's gone up 23lbs in the weights and maybe that last run indicates that the handicapper has caught up with him as he's forced into Class 4 races now having been winning in class 6 and class 5. Also not keen on him dropping in trip now he's in better races. He won his treble front running but might not be able to shake off these better horses at a faster trip.  Worth taking on I think. My selection is a CD winner, won and 3rd in her last 2 and I can se her sitting behind Hubert then having too much pace for him in the finish

Cariad Angel - win at 11/4 bet365

40 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

I think the gods are telling me something ? ......not hugely confident in abnaa considering drifted so badly and wide draw ....but I'll let it run for a bit of Interest on crappy day ?

Yeah that's what I was starting to think,  lol.

I've given it a go anyway on b365, had lively citizen on hoping for a freebie but not to be, although had applaus at 13/1 so not bad (was ew bet), other 2 unplaced.

Edited by fd1972uk

Left it too late to do the outsiders

Lucky 15 Selections

4.15 Carl Chris Cool 10/1 (1 pt win at 11)

4.30 Font Force De Frap 4/1 (1 pt win at 5.6)

4.45 Carl Judicial Review (1 pt win at 5.1)

7.00 Wolv Rumnotred 11/2 (1 pt win at 8.2)

1 x 0.30 win Lucky 15 = poss ret 811.95 = 4.50 Free Bet

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lucky 15 B selections

3.30 Font General Medrano 6/1

3.45 Carl Lively Citizen 11/2

6.00 Wolv She's A Mirage 15/2

7.00 Wolv Abnaa 17/2

1 x 0.10 win Lucjky 15 poss ret 565.40 = 1.50 Free bet

Late posting this as had trouble with the websitel

Total stakes = 4 points as L15's are free bets

lucky15

General Medrano
Fontwell 15:30
Outright Betting
Lively Citizen
Carlisle 15:45
Outright Betting
She's A Mirage
Wolverhampton 18:00
Outright Betting
Abnaa
Wolverhampton 19:00
Outright Betting
Stake:
FREE BET£1.50
Est. Returns:£70.08
Mon, 06 Feb 2023, 15:28:50
More Info

FREE BET£1.50
More Info

5 hours ago, Trotter said:

Wolv 6.00

Quite a hot favourite here in Tollerton Forest who has won his last two races. But they were both classified stakes and she's back in a handicap today. What's more she won those 2 races on consecutive days and has now had  a month off ...... maybe she peaked for those 2 days and now might need a run ?. Most of the others here are class 6 handicappers who don't win  but regularly run to a level pretty consistently. Looking for one that's doing something different today and She's A Mirage has first time visor. She's been getting beaten 2 or 3 lengths in her handicaps and if the visor sharpens her up a bit she could improve a couple of lengths ....... anyway in a poor race she's an EW price

She's A Mirage - EW at 14/1 bet365

Wolv 6.30 

Hubert's Dream is favourite here having won 3 on the bounce before finishing 5th last time. During that run he's gone up 23lbs in the weights and maybe that last run indicates that the handicapper has caught up with him as he's forced into Class 4 races now having been winning in class 6 and class 5. Also not keen on him dropping in trip now he's in better races. He won his treble front running but might not be able to shake off these better horses at a faster trip.  Worth taking on I think. My selection is a CD winner, won and 3rd in her last 2 and I can se her sitting behind Hubert then having too much pace for him in the finish

Cariad Angel - win at 11/4 bet365

Agree with trying to oppose Tollerton Forest @Trotter. I am going with So Chic at 5/1 who caught my eye on her last run, very tenderly handled and stayed on into 6th under hands and heels. Incidentally, the winner of that race was Hubert's Dream (who you're opposing in the following race) so will be interesting to see how So Chic runs as a guide to that form.

Both the favourites I was opposing got beat but not by the horses I picked !

Disappointed with the 6.30 because the one that won it was actually top rated on my speed figs but because it was the outsider of the field when I looked at the race this morning I passed it over ...... must be a lesson to be learned there !

5 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Left it too late to do the outsiders

Lucky 15 Selections

4.15 Carl Chris Cool 10/1 (1 pt win at 11)

4.30 Font Force De Frap 4/1 (1 pt win at 5.6)

4.45 Carl Judicial Review (1 pt win at 5.1)

7.00 Wolv Rumnotred 11/2 (1 pt win at 8.2)

1 x 0.30 win Lucky 15 = poss ret 811.95 = 4.50 Free Bet

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lucky 15 B selections

3.30 Font General Medrano 6/1

3.45 Carl Lively Citizen 11/2

6.00 Wolv She's A Mirage 15/2

7.00 Wolv Abnaa 17/2

1 x 0.10 win Lucjky 15 poss ret 565.40 = 1.50 Free bet

Late posting this as had trouble with the websitel

Total stakes = 4 points as L15's are free bets

lucky15

General Medrano
Fontwell 15:30
Outright Betting
Lively Citizen
Carlisle 15:45
Outright Betting
She's A Mirage
Wolverhampton 18:00
Outright Betting
Abnaa
Wolverhampton 19:00
Outright Betting
Stake:
FREE BET£1.50
More Info

FREE BET£1.50
More Info

RESULTS UPDATE

I should be a bit better organised tomorrow. Just 1 winner today and that was on the Lucky 15.  Triple the odds for a winner from Betfred; No,no no, look at the terms and conditions said the man.  We don't pay you this when you are using your "Free" bets fund ?.  Anyway, I was paid 0.55 points so my loss today was 3.45 pts.  MTD = -23.37 & YTD -47.07