** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Gooner’s 100

JdsGooner90

On 2/13/2023 at 7:42 PM, JdsGooner90 said:

Thats the plan - would rather get the higher odds out the way now and then take it slower once I hit 30 or 40.

Would just be nice to hit a decent run as its been a while :hope 

Your prices suggest you are more driven by the money side of a bet rather than just winning bets. Somewhere down the line the percentages will catch you out. Bets @ 1.06 should fail 6 times in every 100. Bets @ 1.01 are obviously less likely to fail.

5 minutes ago, Skittle said:

Your prices suggest you are more driven by the money side of a bet rather than just winning bets. Somewhere down the line the percentages will catch you out. Bets @ 1.06 should fail 6 times in every 100. Bets @ 1.01 are obviously less likely to fail.

Ha 1.06 for me fails every 3 or 4!! 

It is what it is , I have had a few losers at 1.02 lately and even one at 1.01!

I went over my best run of 232 earlier and a lot of the bets were at 1.03 with a few at 1.04. You need a lot of luck and I just haven’t had any for a while now but its surely due soon :hope 

1 hour ago, JdsGooner90 said:

I went over my best run of 232 earlier and a lot of the bets were at 1.03 with a few at 1.04. You need a lot of luck and I just haven’t had any for a while now but its surely due soon 

I assume they’re just tracked on here & not recorded on a spreadsheet? I’d be really interested to know whether you make a profit to level stakes or not (I’d guess not but pretty close to break even). Bottom line is we only hit a big winning run as a result of luck whether we beat the odds or not. We get the number of losing bets we deserve (based on the quality of our selections) in the long run but they aren’t delivered nice and evenly, they’re peppered randomly.

If you want to essentially fluke a run of 200+ bets once in a while you have to accept as necessary and inevitable the occasionally “unbelievable” streak of losers.

4 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

I assume they’re just tracked on here & not recorded on a spreadsheet? I’d be really interested to know whether you make a profit to level stakes or not (I’d guess not but pretty close to break even). Bottom line is we only hit a big winning run as a result of luck whether we beat the odds or not. We get the number of losing bets we deserve (based on the quality of our selections) in the long run but they aren’t delivered nice and evenly, they’re peppered randomly.

If you want to essentially fluke a run of 200+ bets once in a while you have to accept as necessary and inevitable the occasionally “unbelievable” streak of losers.

I am accepting it :ok 

May think about starting a value thread though, couldn’t believe Martinez was 11/2 to be booked earlier in our game when I checked the odds :loon 

31 minutes ago, JdsGooner90 said:

May think about starting a value thread though, couldn’t believe Martinez was 11/2 to be booked earlier in our game when I checked the odds

Well I definitely think it's a good idea to bet at a wider range of odds rather than just stick to the "shorty" zone, but for me this type of betting is probably my 3rd priority after spread betting and my eternal tussle with the anytime goalscorer market! So I only bet in here when time allows (and I try to be selective as well).

But it's worth making the distinction that "value" does not just equate to "big" odds. If there's one thing that I'd like to see more often in this section it's a record of how the bets are doing to level stakes. I appreciate that this is just fun for a lot of posters so they don't want to bother recording their bets in a spreadsheet but it's not that difficult and can be of benefit. I suspect most punters would show a loss to level stakes but perhaps just don't want to know that. The difference between being just the right side of break even as opposed to the wrong side is a better chance of hitting longer winning runs more often.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now and see if there's any bets to be had this evening before doing what the young folks might refer to as "chilling".