** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat-Wednesday 1st February

Exeter. 

Single. 

1.00. Lime Drop         15/2        unpl

Nigel Twiston-Davis     Treble.     

Patent. 

2.35. Leic. Cuthbert Dibble      6/4    1st 

3.55. Exet. Broadway  Boy           9/4    unpl

4.30..Extet. Top of the Bill           4/1     1st 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

One from the notebook runs tomorrow, note said simply 'needs further than two miles' so tomorrow Cuthbert Dibble gets his chance over 20 furlongs so lets hope for the necessary improvement, 11/4 early doors was nice to get, best right now though is 6/4 and 2.76 on Betfair. Blundered the last when he was 3rd last time so its a not a give thing that he will win. In the 2.35 race..................................................went off at a Bfsp of 2.75 and WON nicely.?

Good luck tomorrow everyone whatever you are backing or laying.

Edited by jonjo

January Report - Quite a lot of days of up a few pounds or down a few pounds nothing serious. One excellent day up £284 followed the very next day by my worse loss of £137. As usual far too many seconds. Two big priced winners missed through my own stupidity or the profit would have been better. Anyhow Sir Robin 11/2 winning last night gave me a small profit of £37.50. Onwards and upwards punters.

Exeter

1.00 - Hititi - 11/2

3.20 - Sandalwood - 7/1

4.30 - Oscars Moonshine - 7/2

Leicester

3.45 - Mrs Grimley - 11/4

Kempton

6.30 - Measured Time - 5/6

Good luck all CNBB.

Trixie

2.45 Ex Judex Lefou 5/2

3.10 Leic Jacamar 15/8

7.00 Km Noisy Night 4/1

1 x 0.50 Win Trixie = 2 pts poss return 46.11

------------------------------------------------------

3.45 Leic Fay Ce Que Voudras 1.60 win at 3.15 & Mrs Grimley 1.40 win at 3.65 to make 2 pts profit.  Fascinating race

4.30 Ex Astigar 0.50 win at 10/1

4.20 Leic Click And Collect 0.50 EW at 20/1

Total stakes = 6.50 so far

7.30 Km Bascinet 1.3 pts win at 6.2

8.00 Km Sword Beach 1 pt win at 10.5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noisy Night let me down for a double.  Both Sword Beach and Bascinet ran well but didn't win.  -8.80 on the day and YTD -32.50

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

5 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Unp and 2nd with grandads ew system yest 

Today's qualifier 

512 Dund

Tawwazon seems to have the beating of HYPERNOVA on last running  but system rules say hypernova is the selections 5pt ew 6/1 

I will be keeping a close eye on your selections from your grandads system!

It was my grandad who got me into enjoying horses !

Good luck to you 

18 minutes ago, Ryanpete said:

I will be keeping a close eye on your selections from your grandads system!

It was my grandad who got me into enjoying horses !

Good luck to you 

Me too ...I used to go to the bookies with my older aunt on a Saturday morning and put his bets on and we'd watch them on the afternoon with about 12 people in the house .....Great times .....he used to have systems posted ...most of them were crap but 1 or 2 were OK....it was always fun testing them out though 

9 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

Me too ...I used to go to the bookies with my older aunt on a Saturday morning and put his bets on and we'd watch them on the afternoon with about 12 people in the house .....Great times .....he used to have systems posted ...most of them were crap but 1 or 2 were OK....it was always fun testing them out though 

Best of luck with this.  Just wondering what your computer ratings would flag up in these races?  Am I right to assume that you are retaining these just for the big wide open races and do the computer ratings work best with handicap sprints?

Just now, The Equaliser said:

Best of luck with this.  Just wondering what your computer ratings would flag up in these races?  Am I right to assume that you are retaining these just for the big wide open races and do the computer ratings work best with handicap sprints?

No the computer ratings will work on anything ...flat or jumps ....hcaps or non hcaps ........its just been a bit quiet racing wise lately....not many big races that I fancied and I've been busy at work which hasn't helped ...I suppose I'm just biding my time for chelt then I'll just go for it .....So while it's quiet I thought I could have a bit of fun with this ......might need tweaking ....not sure about top 4 ...maybe shoukd be top 3 ??....unless maybe the 4th is within 2 lengths ....because the first one was 3+ lengths adrift and didn't really run a race ?....whereas the placed horse lto did run his race .....so something to keep an eye on but the premise is sound .....bit of fun though and I'm enjoying watching them run 

49 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

No the computer ratings will work on anything ...flat or jumps ....hcaps or non hcaps ........its just been a bit quiet racing wise lately....not many big races that I fancied and I've been busy at work which hasn't helped ...I suppose I'm just biding my time for chelt then I'll just go for it .....So while it's quiet I thought I could have a bit of fun with this ......might need tweaking ....not sure about top 4 ...maybe shoukd be top 3 ??....unless maybe the 4th is within 2 lengths ....because the first one was 3+ lengths adrift and didn't really run a race ?....whereas the placed horse lto did run his race .....so something to keep an eye on but the premise is sound .....bit of fun though and I'm enjoying watching them run 

I would ask what if both your systems picked the same horses, surely that would necessitate an increase in the stakes. I always like it when i get a further confirmation of my initial pick.

28 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

I would ask what if both your systems picked the same horses, surely that would necessitate an increase in the stakes. I always like it when i get a further confirmation of my initial pick.

It's a good thought ....this system only takes 5 mins to rate an entire meeting which is good ....I'm on 12 hour shifts next days but Saturday I'll Try and rate races with the 2 ratings together ....maybe call these ...gold bets ??

Edited by richard-westwood

9 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Unp and 2nd with grandads ew system yest 

Today's qualifier 

512 Dund

Tawwazon seems to have the beating of HYPERNOVA on last running  but system rules say hypernova is the selections 5pt ew 6/1 

9 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

2 qualifiers in 530 kemp so I'll win split stakes 

Outrace  4pt win at 3.55 betfair 

Insolente 1pt win 20/1 

So far 4 races .....running at -11.00 loss but has record  unp ...2nd ....unp ...1st from 4 races ....if can trap a nice priced winner it could all change ...promising