** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat-Wednesday 25th January.

3 810  
Travelled strongly, in rear, going easily but still plenty to do 3f out, shaken up over 2f out, nudged along and headway from over 1f out, soon switched left towards far side, kept on well inside final furlong, too much to do, eyecatcher (op 25/1)
This is the sort of stuff that winds me up, this horse was the best in the field, the jockey obviously following instructions made sure it wouldn't win handicapped now no questions asked by the stewards. Anyone disagreeing just go watch the replay. game is hard enough without horses that are "not off".

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

3 810  
Travelled strongly, in rear, going easily but still plenty to do 3f out, shaken up over 2f out, nudged along and headway from over 1f out, soon switched left towards far side, kept on well inside final furlong, too much to do, eyecatcher (op 25/1)
This is the sort of stuff that winds me up, this horse was the best in the field, the jockey obviously following instructions made sure it wouldn't win handicapped now no questions asked by the stewards. Anyone disagreeing just go watch the replay. game is hard enough without horses that are "not off".

"last of all but funnily enough travelling quite strongly" 

So yesterday through my own stupidity I missed out on my second big priced winner in 4 days. My system told me to back Charlie Hills horses. I had a look at May Sonic a 22/1 outsider in a 7 runner race. I just couldn't see it usually I would have had a fiver on e/w. Now e/w betting never did it for me. I know if the horse is placed you get money back. The thing is I could never get a buzz from a horse coming second. Call me old school but in my mind's eye a winner comes first. Now this system threw me up two way big outsiders to bet on the other day 200/1 plus which I didn't do as they were very unlikely to do anything (but you never know). They didn't and I saved money. What I am getting too is from now on I don't care if the horse is odds on or priced way out their I will be having a tenner straight on it because as they say "a horse does not know what price it is." All I need now is two or three days of decent priced winners.

Here are today's selections

Kempton
5.30 - Harry Magnus 10/11

6.00 - Faithful Spirit 7/1

Good luck all CNBB.

7 hours ago, Nigwilliam said:

"last of all but funnily enough travelling quite strongly" 

Exactly, lets say if it had travelled strongly in midfield (instead of being taken back) it would have won, the daft thing about stuff like this is that the handicapper would see what we see. it will be very interesting to see what it does next time out.

At Fairyhouse, in the 12.53 Sweet Will win and 2tbp looks an improver to follow, having won his last two over hurdles, the last one a decent race at Cheltenham he now reverts to fences, just the one run over fences to date when he won at Kilbeggan, that experience over fences will hopefull have done him good as his jumping was sketchy that day, however having improved and won twice over hurdles he gets in here this afternoon off his Chase mark which is 10lb lower. Currently around the 3.6 on the exchanges and drifting...............................................................................................................................hit 1.31 in running, an easy lay off and placed second at Bfsp of 2.24.

Good luck today everyone.

Edited by jonjo

3.00 Nc Fast Style 2 pts win at 3.3

----------------------------------------------------

7.00 Km Dark Trooper 2.05 at 2.5 = pos profit 3.01

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Had visitors today so not much chance to look at horse racing.  Dark Trooper wins so a small profit of 0.97 on the day = MTD -17.79

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

7 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

6.00 kemp 

HES OUR STAR ... 7.7 ran well at wolv last time ......that's a diff course but kemp is riding slow so a good chance the form will hold up ....6/1 ew looks a fair bet so I'll take the chance ..hopefully he'll run his race ...5pt ew 

4th ew will get paid ...sp 17/2....hoped for a better run but I'll take it ....