** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Grand Prix

Fader

Straight into The Grand Prix tonight. 7 day event. Top 32 in the one year ranking list. Switched to Cheltenham this year. Going with a few underdogs this week after The Masters.

1pt e/w M.Williams to win Grand Prix 16/1 bet365
1pt e/w Lisowski to win Grand Prix 16/1 betfred
------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w A.McGill to win Grand Prix 40/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w A.Carter to win Grand Prix 50/1 betfred
0.5pts e/w R.Walden to win Grand Prix 50/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w H.Vafaei to win Grand Prix 66/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w S.Craigie to win Grand Prix 100/1 betfred

19 minutes ago, charliepie said:

I hope Mark has something left in the tank after last nights heroics. Would love to see Jack win this week!

It's a "first to 4" this week so have to be straight out the blocks and that did put me off alittle bit with Williams but he's just playing so well at the moment. I can see him facing Lisowski again in the top half.

Not much to get excited about tonight in terms of matches but Neil Robertson Vs Guodong has abit of value on the frames market. Over 5.5 frames is 5/6. I think Guodong has enough about him to get 2 frames against Neil. He's quite a decent player. He beat Robertson in their last match 4-3 and went to a deciding frame to lose 5-4 in the match prior to it. He also beat Neil 4-3 in 2016 in the English Open. Whilst Guodong may not win, he could get 3 frames and I think he gets atleast 2.

6pts Over 5.5 frames (Guodong Vs Robertsoni) 5/6 paddypower
1pt Guodong 3-4 Robertson - correct score 9/2 paddypower

I'm going to try the Overs again in the Bingham Vs Ding match. They always have close matches. last h2h match Bingham won in a deciding leg at The Worlds. 10-9. Last 3 have been 10-9, 6-4, 8-7. 6-4 and so surely we see atleast 6 frames. Other bet I'm going with is O'Connor to beat Haotian. Haotian hasn't had the best of form recently, Scored OK against Jak Jones but ultimetely out in first round of that German Masters. Out in first round of English Open to Gary Wilson and out of Scottish to Ryan Day after beating Alfie Burden. O'Connor beat Neil Robertson along the way of making a final at the Scottish Open. He also beat Mark Williams and Ricky Walden. I think he wins today.

7pts Over 5.5 frames -  Bingham Vs Ding 4/7 paddypower
5pts O'Connor to beat Haotian 4/5 paddypower
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy today - Over 5.5 frames (Day Vs Walden) / Over 5.5 frames (Bingham Vs Ding) / O'Connor / Vafaei (+1.5 handicap) 8/1 paddypower

Joe O'Connor wins thankfully. A better looking "betting" day today with quite a few close looking matches on paper but a good couple that I like today that I'm going with. Here is the line up :

1pms
Murphy Vs Carter
Ford Vs Craigie

2pms
G.Wilson Vs McGill
Brecel Vs Perry

7pms (2nd rounds)
O'Sullivan Vs Saengkham
Yuelong Vs Lisowski

8pms
Allen Vs O'Connor
Williams Vs Ding

We'll know 4 of the last 8 quarter finalists by the end of the day. The match of the day for me is Williams Vs Ding as I think that one could be a close one. Ding looked good yesterday and as previously mentioned, although the last match was a couple of years ago, Ding has won the last 8. I reckon Williams will know that as he knew his Ronnie record. As charlie said though, it's about time for Mark to win one.

In terms of betting, I like Carter to beat Murphy. He has a decent record against Murphy, with 8 of the last 10 going his way and perhaps Murphys win over Neil Robertson doesn't look as sexy now we've seen him lose to Guodong easily and Binghams performance since beating Murphy himself, easily. Murphy won this back in 2016 but has gone out in the first round the last 3 times he has competed in this event. Carter made the final back in 2019, losing to Trump. He himself, has only made the 2nd round once in the last 3 attempts too. Carter has qualified for a couple of events recently and is on a 7 match winning streak. He made the Quarter Finals of the English Open in December, beating Higgins and Lisowski.

Next up Sam Craigie to beat Ford. Craigie has hit abit of form since he got some critics that he wasn't taking Snooker seriously enough for his talent to fully nuture. Fords current form is not the best. His 4-1 defeat to Hill was pretty woeful in the first round of the Welsh and he also lost in 1st rounds of the English and Scottish open to Slessor and Emery respectively. I just don't think he is practising as much perhaps but Craigie looks to be in with a good chance.

In the 2pm matches I am taking McGill to beat Gary Wilson and Brecel to beat Perry. Wilson out in R1 of Welsh (Dott 4-3) and 2nd round of German Masters, losing to Pang Junxu. We haven't seen the best of him since he made the final of the Scottish Open back in early December. Brecel ran into a big performance from Ronnie at the Masters and only managed one frame but he faces a Joe Perry who despite a good UK Championship, in November, has only won 3 matches since.

Evening sessions to follow later.

2.5pts Carter to beat Murphy 11/10 paddypower
2.5pts Craigie to beat Ford evens paddypower
2.5pts McGill to beat G.Wilson 4/5 paddypower
---------------------------------------------------------
1pt 4-fold - Carter, Craigie, McGill & Brecel 11.5/1 paddypower

Yeah, happy enough with that. 3 out of 4 but ofcourse the one will be the one that screws the 4-fold. Not had a chance to look at the evening session so just hoping Williams and lisowski go through and Ronnie's goes out lol 

10 minutes ago, Fader said:

Yeah, happy enough with that. 3 out of 4 but ofcourse the one will be the one that screws the 4-fold. Not had a chance to look at the evening session so just hoping Williams and lisowski go through and Ronnie's goes out lol 

Can't see Ronnie losing. Noppon always plays so loose and that plays right into his hands.

22 minutes ago, Torque said:

Got the wrong player and also got the wrong match. Ronnie looking like it's another disinterested night for him. So frustrating to watch - if you don't want to play then don't bother turning up.

In always thankful because if he didn't do these spells then snooker wouldn't be worth betting on. He'd win everything 

Just now, Torque said:

2-0 to 2-4. Got what he deserved from what I saw. So lacklustre. Noppon couldn't have been more nervous at the end of the last frame either.

Yep it was all there for ronnie to still win if he had it in him. To be fair to ronnie he got a bad kick in the 5th but it's his own fault using shit chalk 

I get your point but he wouldn't be winning everything if he tried all the time so there'd still be chances to go against him. What bothers me is the apathy - it's not a good look for snooker in my opinion. Fixing is obviously the worst thing, but lack of effort is next and you see it a lot with O'Sullivan.

6 minutes ago, Torque said:

I get your point but he wouldn't be winning everything if he tried all the time so there'd still be chances to go against him. What bothers me is the apathy - it's not a good look for snooker in my opinion. Fixing is obviously the worst thing, but lack of effort is next and you see it a lot with O'Sullivan.

Yeah, it's weird. He just decides on the day if it's worth it to him. Thing Is he needs ranking points now so expect a good Welsh open from him. Again, if he cares about ranking points. 

1 minute ago, Fader said:

Yeah, it's weird. He just decides on the day if it's worth it to him. Thing Is he needs ranking points now so expect a good Welsh open from him. Again, if he cares about ranking points. 

Good luck trying to work that out :lol

10 minutes ago, Torque said:

On the point of lack of effort @Fader it's a common thing in tennis - which I don't think you follow - and so much so that players sometimes get fined for not giving best effort. That would be an interesting thing in snooker and something I'd quite like to see. It's obviously not an easy thing to detect unless it's something like Craigie the other tournament, but the threat of a fine for not trying might be enough to make some players think twice.

It might also mean that for the better players like Ronnie they'd decide to skip tournaments where they can't be bothered which would give other younger or hungrier players a chance. That would be good for the game I reckon.