** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat-Thursday 12th January.

Catterick first race

BROOMFIELD PRESENT 

Win 

Has to give weight away, but did it well on debut over an inadequate trip.

Did not appreciate the shorter trip and was crying out for further but did it well enough when asked to go on at the last.

Showed versatility to switch when hampered more than once and was not fazed by the attention.

As a winning pointer readily gets three miles and last run was November so should be fresh and ready to take on this trip in this ground. Unless I'm getting my lines crossed was pulled up in a point to point up against Jonbon.

Bailey and Bass a good combination and could well prove to be the catch of the day.

1 hour ago, sporting sam said:

Catterick first race

BROOMFIELD PRESENT 

Win 

Has to give weight away, but did it well on debut over an inadequate trip.

Did not appreciate the shorter trip and was crying out for further but did it well enough when asked to go on at the last.

Showed versatility to switch when hampered more than once and was not fazed by the attention.

As a winning pointer readily gets three miles and last run was November so should be fresh and ready to take on this trip in this ground. Unless I'm getting my lines crossed was pulled up in a point to point up against Jonbon.

Bailey and Bass a good combination and could well prove to be the catch of the day.

On reflection it is better to watch the outcome of this race than play the favourite here.

Seven pounds is half a stone.

Too much to conceed on this ground against winning pointers.

There may be an alternative selection later but you have to go with the weights here.

One of these was a 99 length winner over points.

Three viable alternatives here so despite the favourite's good profile I have seen these go down under the penalty many times.

No bet at present.

Here we go.....

Catterick 1230
NO BUT I WILL Win / without Broomfield Present @ 7/4
NO BUT I WILL win @ 9/2

Didn’t find the ground as soft as the advertised going when a beaten favourite at haydock last time. In receipt of half a stone can do better here.
Wide margin points winner.

Edited by sporting sam

Think and fast today,

More  thick than fast though.

newcastle due off at 1210

Newcastle 1205
UNBRIDLED POWER
Each way

The top weight is carrying a penalty for a win and may or may not be able to go through with a winning effort.
This may or may not impact on the horse immediately below that runner.
Drawn alongside the top weight is the selection and third top weight who may well benefit.
It should be noted that UNBRIDLED POWER has never won a race and left Willie Mullins for a new life in the north having contested bumpers.
But a key piece of form that I’ve latched onto is the third behind Southwold last run.
That has been duly franked here last week when
Endofastorm bolted up at 125/1 here.
UNBRIDLED POWER was just a neck behind.

Southwold also went on to run well behind stablemate Glam puss next time out.

LAY BET

3.35 Nc Kraken Power 2.04 at 2.76 = 2 v 3.59 liability.  This horse has a losing run of 29 and has been running over 6 furlongs and is now tried back at 5 furlongs.  Joanna Mason rides instead of Paul Mulrennan.  She has has 3 wins in the last 14 days but not over the minimum distance.  The horse looks worth opposing despite it being one of @The Brigadier's selections that I never like to take on without serious consideration.

Out of all the short-priced horses running today, this one looks to be the most vulnerable

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit unlucky to be beaten a short head.  Joanna in fine form even in sprints.  -3.59 means a MTD of -2.68.

Back tomorrow

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE