** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat-Tuesday 10th January

Doncaster. 

Single. 

12.15. Bird on the Wire      5/1    unpl

Double. 

1.00. Exet. Fancy Your Chances       7/2    unpl

7.00. Master Zoffany                 5/1.           Unpl

singles & double. 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

Small field in the 1.35 at Exeter but a competitive race nonetheless. I like Rose of Arcadia who is raised 5lb for winning at Fontwell last time out. That was her second run at 3 miles or more and she has won them both. The second in her last race has come out and won very easily to frank the form and she looks to be on the up. Trading at 3.3 on the exchanges looks quite fair to me..............somehow traded to a low of 1.54 in running, was never in front!! Finished 2nd.

Nicky Henderson has found another suitable race for Bold Endeavour in the 1.50 at Doncaster. He won so easily on his stable debut that you suspect a 9lb rise will not stop him going in again tomorrow in a race that looks no more difficult than his facile success at Leicester. Around the 2.12 mark on the exchanges..........Won nicely despited jumping to the right at times

Good luck whatever you back or lay tomorrow.

Edited by jonjo

• MCLARKE changed the title to Racing Chat-Tuesday 10th January

Concur with you Jonjo.

Exeter 1.35

ROSE OF ARCADIA 

Win 

Has a good chance here.

The 4/1 on offer about winning by five lengths or more looks inviting too.

Unbeaten over points and a good win last time despite losing irons four out.

Second horse 22 lengths back won by 14 lengths on new years day. Five pound rise looks fair and hopefully within compass of seven pound claimer who has ridden a few winners for Nicholls yard in the last month.

They can easily blow up next time out, but has been given 36 days to recover and the three rivals can keep her honest and up to her work especially if one of them can take the lead. Gives weight to two of them.

Have to try and convince yourself!!!

1.15 Don Jo Dadancer LAY bet 2.04 at 3.05 = 2 v 4.18.  The price seems to based upon the trainer's reputation.  Nothing wrong with that but there are two other contenders that have shown better form.  Looks like the market is relying on a tongue tie and a wind Op. so I'll take a chance that it will get beat 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beaten 13.75 lengths.  It did run well for a long time during the race though.  A profit of 2 points which makes my MTD +0.91.  I was -47.91 down this time last year so my lay betting is a bit of an improvement.  I will be looking for more horses that have decent opposition and perhaps their price is skewed by trainer reputations in future.

I really fancied Burrows Park in the first at Exeter trained by Venetia Williams and still kicking myself for not Napping it at least each way.  Should have put it up

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

Final selection

Had better days....

Southwell 5.30

MEHMO 

Each way

Third run for Michael Appleby. Having had a sabbatical with Christine Dunnett.

Went there straight after two turf wins and raised ten pounds. Regular strategy of trainer to send one off to get mark down and then return ready to race under different auspices. 

Switching to five furlongs now back below winning marks. Might not be ready yet but several factors suggest  he is very near .

7.00 South 

On a session  7.8 9/1

To the nines   7.6  10/1 

Master zoffany  7.5 3/1 

Spirit of nguru  7.2 

Tricky race ....master zoffany sets the standard but top 2 are much better value to take him on .....questions about them too .I.e ground for on a session but overall they look fairly well treated so I'll the  chance  5pt ew top 2 ....rev forecast top 3 

Edited by richard-westwood