** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Teo's 10-to-12.5K quest

Teo_

Hello, everyone!

Starting amount: $10

Bookie: Betfair

Strategy: All in

Objective: $12.5 K

Possible attempts: 5

===================

Attempt 1: 83 successful bets (bankroll reached: 36.12)

Attempt 2: 0 successful bets

Attempt 3: 10 successful bets (bankroll reached: 12.89)

Edited by Teo_
Update on the first attempt

10 hours ago, JdsGooner90 said:

Good luck :hope 

Why $12.5k? That is a big target and near impossible :loon 

Thank you! ?

How I decided on the target: I randomly wondered what amount I'd reach if I started with $10 and made 2% profit each day for 360 days, did the math, rounded up a bit (from 12,475.61 to 12.5K) and decided that, as you said, it was nearly impossible. Still, it would be a good exercise in patience and discipline, which are not exactly my strengths, so... here we are ?

4 hours ago, Teo_ said:

How I decided on the target: I randomly wondered what amount I'd reach if I started with $10 and made 2% profit each day for 360 days, did the math, rounded up a bit (from 12,475.61 to 12.5K) and decided that, as you said, it was nearly impossible. Still, it would be a good exercise in patience and discipline, which are not exactly my strengths, so... here we are ?

Do you intend to carry on with the staking all the way? What I mean is if you got to 10k (or even 5k) would you happily stake that on a single bet or might you bank some and carry on tracking to 12.5k theoretically? 

It's one thing putting 10, 100 or 200 points on a single bet but another altogether risking 1000s. I know I'd be banking some profit earlier than most!

49 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Do you intend to carry on with the staking all the way? What I mean is if you got to 10k (or even 5k) would you happily stake that on a single bet or might you bank some and carry on tracking to 12.5k theoretically? 

It's one thing putting 10, 100 or 200 points on a single bet but another altogether risking 1000s. I know I'd be banking some profit earlier than most!

Very good question and one that I don't have a definitive answer to. Haven't had the chance to bet thousands, so I can't be sure how it would feel or whether the pressure would make me overcautious. Knowing myself, I would probably start banking some of the profit after hitting the first thousand, at least to be able to restart from a higher amount and not have to bet my way up from 10 all over again.

On 1/10/2023 at 12:04 AM, freddie01 said:

I wish you the very best but I would be very surprised if you're comfy betting the very large stakes you'll need to to reach your target. But this is Glory Hunters and what punters attempt in here.

Wish you all the best and hope you do it.

Many thanks, Freddie! To be honest, it would surprise me too if I treated the larger stakes later on as I'm treating 11-12 USD now, but, either way, I'll learn something about myself and maybe improve my emotional self-control.

Best wishes too!