** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

DAILY LUCKY 15

I think you get 1 chance at the big one so you have to let it ride.

58k cash out but what would the lucky 31 pay anyway?

It doesn’t say the unit but I’d guess it’s £2 win plus a £5 acc.

With the 4 winners at that stake the return is over 30k.

So then you are taking 28k instead of letting it ride for £367k on a 15/8 shot.  That to me makes no sense.

28k may pay for a years worth or leccy and gas (almost) but it won’t change most peoples lives.  425k does

13 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Yep, makes my £1.50 bet a bit sad !

£1.50 for a little bit of fun - I’m happy with that. Many places that won’t even buy you a coffee these days. If you have 1 a day and absolutely no returns (and we are having a good try at achieving that!) it costs you £45 a month - not great but I could live with it.

£67 every day for a month with similar results costs over 2k.

My bet saturday (20p L31) if it was a £1 Lucky 31 would cost £31. and would have returned (the treble) £7.7775. if precious eleanor had of won (came 3rd) it would have been about £200.000 all 5 would have been over the max (1m) at 2m. you have to adjust stakes to the extreme payout so max stake should have been 10p L31= 2 million for all 5 winners but max payout is 1m.

Also did you know saturday i also backed dais aba 2nd at 33/1 and Mofasa 3rd at 18/1 hindsight is a wonderful thing i won 1,555 for the lucky31 plus £10 win on each horse. Ew lucky 31 would have got me a serious few quid more. but the thing  is you can only do/have so many bets and spend so much money. If only we knew when we was going to win ?

1 hour ago, BBBC said:

£1.50 for a little bit of fun - I’m happy with that. Many places that won’t even buy you a coffee these days. If you have 1 a day and absolutely no returns (and we are having a good try at achieving that!) it costs you £45 a month - not great but I could live with it.

£67 every day for a month with similar results costs over 2k.

Yep, it's just a bit of fun, a bit like the lottery but with skill involved (alledgedly!)

My "real" bets all tend to be on the exchanges these days.

19 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

i think a mix is okay i usually go big so as long as we steer clear of odds on it will still be viable. nothing is rigid.

My problem is I don’t like picking my nap night before sometimes not till a hour before race mostly I pick my horses on day of race and normally about 10.00 ?

5 hours ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

My problem is I don’t like picking my nap night before sometimes not till a hour before race mostly I pick my horses on day of race and normally about 10.00 ?

At weekend every one bar one of my ggs shrank in price 33/1-16/1, 28-16, 25-16, 16-11..... they are big moves on the numbers Lee and actually would have more than halved my returns.

18 hours ago, BBBC said:

I think you get 1 chance at the big one so you have to let it ride.

58k cash out but what would the lucky 31 pay anyway?

It doesn’t say the unit but I’d guess it’s £2 win plus a £5 acc.

With the 4 winners at that stake the return is over 30k.

So then you are taking 28k instead of letting it ride for £367k on a 15/8 shot.  That to me makes no sense.

28k may pay for a years worth or leccy and gas (almost) but it won’t change most peoples lives.  425k does

The C/0 on a lucky 15 or 31 for one horse is generally to offer the equivalent of a NR (assuming a stable price) so if you CO for say 20 grand you would have already won 10k

2 hours ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

6.30 Southwell murbih for me time to break me ? 

That’s on my tracker so it’s doomed

3 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

what a shame that 16/1 second (well done) @BBBC it would have made Clarkey's bet well worth getting sexcited about later.

I’m good at picking 2nds, better at 3rds and the “King” at the stone cold last ones although I reckon @LEE-GRAYS could give me stiff competition with a little more dedication ?