** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing chat- monday 2nd January

1.00 Plumpton, a rating of 126 looks quite fair for Master Chewy in the first, his run last time out  behind a Henderson 4 yr old reads well with the 4th home that day coming out and winning at Taunton a couple of days ago. He gets 7lb from the penalised Hansard and looks to have achieved slightly more than that one too. Master Chewy currently around the 2.24 mark on the exchanges...............hit 1.2 in running but couldnt do it, second.?

1.23 Wincanton, Incrimination is the one, 3rd behind Porfin on his stable debut and that after an 8 month abscence, she should come on for that run and amongst her own sex looks to be the one to be on. Currently 3.0 on the exchanges...................................................................................................................Won nicely at a Bfsp of 3.3?

3.23 Lingfield Lady Ursula and Sweet Idea meet again here with the former 3lb better off for being behind by just a length and a quarter that day, but I'm sticking with Sweet Idea as she didnt get a perfectly clear run that day and was only just beaten a head, currently 3.4...........................................................................................how on earth that one traded as low as 1.75 in running is beyone me, never led, just shows you though the benefits of laying off in running.?

As always, lay off in running prices will be played.

Good luck tomorrow everyone.

Edited by jonjo

238 newc 

Skye breeze    8.0 5/2 

Victory march  7.5 6/4

Victory march is short fav here but I think has been penalised harshly with 9lb rise considering ....I'll take him on with skye breeze for a bit of action on quiet day  ....10pt win 

Edited by richard-westwood

12.23 Lin Dubai Immo LAY bet 2.05 at 3.40 = 2.01 v Liability of 4.92 (Big market move for this one but it looks worth opposing)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oncer again the horse did not seem to want to go through with its effort to win despite all the market confidence.  £2.01 Profit.  

Strange feeling when one is laying horses, you get a result and don't want to keep laying in other races for fear of hitting a losing bet.  Contrast this with losing on a "back" bet.  If I lost I would try to keep finding winners.

I think I will leave it there for today.  I could look through a lot more races and try to find another loser or more losers but I am happy to start the year in front.

Good luck to all punting today.

At least my Nap bet won today, although it didn't look as though it would do 2 furlongs out

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULT UPDATE

3 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

238 newc 

Skye breeze    8.0 5/2 

Victory march  7.5 6/4

Victory march is short fav here but I think has been penalised harshly with 9lb rise considering ....I'll take him on with skye breeze for a bit of action on quiet day  ....10pt win 

Skye breeze wins ...Nice doing business +25.00