** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - January 2 - January 8

Alexei Popyrin to beat Marcos Giron at 1.80 with William Hill

While Giron struggled to get past the aging force that Gasquet is nowadays, Popyrin beat FAA 2-0, improving his season record to 3-0 in the process. The Aussie has a lot to prove this year and, given his form book, I would really have him at 1.66 here instead of 1.80. Good luck and Happy New Year everyone!

Denis Shapovalov (+4.5) to beat Novak Djokovic at 1.98 with Unibet

I understand the expectation that, now that he's facing an actual name in tennis, Djokovic will up his game and play brilliantly, but Shapo went through decent tests here already and should be set just fine to keep this reasonably tight. The +4.5 games line looks just a touch high to me, honestly, I'd go +4 at most.

Been watching quite a bit of the tennis (have tennischannel now). Two standouts for me. Noskova and Linette in the woman's. Both have been playing very solid tennis.  Linette with wins over Teichmann and Bronzetti (6-1 6-2). I think she has too much form for Keys tomorrow.

Multibet (2)6.47
Noskova, Linda2.65
Noskova, Linda v Azarenka, Victoria
Winner |
Live In Play
WTA Adelaide, Australia Women Singles
Ended | Total Sets: 2 - 1 | Game Score: 7 - 6
2023-01-06 07:55
Linette, Magda2.44
Linette, Magda v Keys, Madison
Winner
United Cup
2023-01-07 02:20

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Noskova didn't crumble in that tie-break, that was impressive!

Linette played Teichmann and looked so strong and fit in that final set. Teichamann hit the wall and Linette still had plenty in reserev. Feel quite confident she beats Keys.

Chun Hsin Tseng to beat (-1.5 sets) Facundo Bagnis at 3.45 with Unibet

Here's the big bet I've been looking for. Tseng is on his best surface facing a claycourter with bad form and from what I saw of Bagnis in november on hardcourt he was utterly unimpressive and I don't see what makes Tseng the underdog at 2.02 and I'll try the straight sets for Tseng.

1 hour ago, four-leaf said:

Chun Hsin Tseng to beat (-1.5 sets) Facundo Bagnis at 3.45 with Unibet

Here's the big bet I've been looking for. Tseng is on his best surface facing a claycourter with bad form and from what I saw of Bagnis in november on hardcourt he was utterly unimpressive and I don't see what makes Tseng the underdog at 2.02 and I'll try the straight sets for Tseng.

I mean I m not gonna lie , don t know who tseng even is but he lost like 10 matches in a row, I think that s why his odds are so high

Tseng is one of the brighter Asian prospects right now, and he was even invited into the NextGen Finals last year, having won two Challenger events (Bangalore, Murcia). He won Murcia in April 2022, though, and he's been on a downward curve pretty much since then, unfortunately.

Matteo Berrettini to beat Taylor Fritz at 2.20 with Unibet

This honestly looks like a 50/50 proposition to me, both have been rather steady so far, and both have had similar results as well. The H2H record is 2-0 in Fritz's favor, but this should be all about a single break or so, so I'm happy to take my chances with the Italian.