** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat -Wednesday 21st December

630 wolv 

Creek Harbour   7.8  8/1 

Brave display   7.7 11/2 

Divine connection   7.5 

Divine connection is well fancied here but computer is saying he's opposable ....probably on account he had a fair 5lb claimer last time and doesn't get that allowance this time .. . I have a feeling these 3 will fight it out so I'll try 5pts win Creek....4pts win Brave and 6 forecasts all 3 

Little time to look at racing in the run up to Xmas so I'll go with @The Brigadierand @richard-westwood' selections again

1.15 Her Emir Sacree 11/4

1.53 Taun American Sniper 2/1

2.15 Her Flowing Cadanza 9/4

3.15 Her Llandinabo Lad 11/4

3.30 Lin Melk Abbey 10/3

10 x 0.50 win dbles poss return 65.10

10 x 0.50 winj Trebles Poss return 233.62

Total stakes = 10 points

The price has gone on Parramount 2.53 Taun now 13/8 with Bet365 and Bold Reaction 2.23 Taun = 13/8 with Bet 365 so I am not backing them

6.30 Wolves Creek Harbour 1 pt win at 10/1, Brave Display 3 pts win at 4.5.  then 6 x 0.50 forecasts including Divine Connection = 3.00 poss returns 3.48 - 22.58, 6 x 0.50 Tricasts = poss returns 21 -42 pts

Total stakes = 10 points

Grand total stakes = 20 points

Good luck all as I won't have much time to check in later

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can only see 1 winner so far.  I am having 3.50 pts win on Melk abbey in the 3.30 a ling

23.50 stakes so far

Edited by The Equaliser

At Taunton in the 2.53 a horse that missed all of last season through injury and looks to be thriving on return on the back of a windop is Paramount who looks to have gotten in for his handicap debut of a very fair mark of just 115. He won his Novice Hurdle last time out in impressive fashion beating a next time out winner with ease, the fourth that day also came out , to win next time up. The fourth home that day was fiven a rating of 111, Paramount was giving him 3lb and beat him quite easily so a mark of 115 looks lenient to me. you could argue that the second home, a next time out winner, was ony given a rating of 102 but he won his next race by 22 lengths.  Easy to back at around 2.8 and around 1.8 on the exchanges................traded to 1.22 before losing, second (placed at 1.77)

The 3.00 Lingfield sees The Imposter looking for a double. Won nicely last time out and had a couple of these reopposing today behind him who are just 4lb better off, hard to see them turning the tables, there are others of course but the way The Imposter travelled that day suggests that there could be more to come over this longer distance. The horse that finished second that day Roger Rarebit runs in the 2.45 so should give us and indcation of how strong that for was/was not. I've half my stake on at 3.15 on betfair and will decide the other half after watching the 2.45 race............Won at a Bfsp of 2.89, early 3.15 was good to get.?

Good luck today everyone whatever you are backing/laying.

Edited by jonjo

• MCLARKE changed the title to Racing Chat -Wednesday 21st December
21 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

630 wolv 

Creek Harbour   7.8  8/1 

Brave display   7.7 11/2 

Divine connection   7.5 

Divine connection is well fancied here but computer is saying he's opposable ....probably on account he had a fair 5lb claimer last time and doesn't get that allowance this time .. . I have a feeling these 3 will fight it out so I'll try 5pts win Creek....4pts win Brave and 6 forecasts all 3 

Brave wins .....the other 2 didn't run too well ..but +14.00 so that'll do with not much racing