** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

πŸ’ πŸ•΅οΈβ€β™‚οΈ Heisenberg's Trade πŸβ˜•οΈπŸ‚ 2k23

Heisenberg68

9 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

πŸ†• 29) Β£150 Back Barcelona @2.00 v Villadolid

➑️ 25) £220 Back Sociedad @1.42 v Almeria

Β 

8 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

πŸ†• 29) Β£53 Back Barcelona @2.08 v Villadolid

βœ… Lay Barcelona @2,02 / +Β£0,09

πŸ’°Β New Bank Β£425,85

Β 

Β 

I should have gone back @2.20 πŸ˜”

Β 

Not bad for this restart.

I've sniffed out a few good ones like Athletico!
But I missed Madrid @1.75 . It was madness knowing vinicius would probably play anyway!

I think City will go up @2.25 as there's nothing at stake.Sevilla should go down well.

Β 

Family weekend afterwards with a big party on Saturday night to celebrate RC Lens' 2nd place at the stadium. πŸ₯³

So little time.

I think some people are very septic about this way of playing. That's maybe why I don't have many answers in this thread. But I must admit that my way of playing was destructive and if I continued I would probably lose EVERYTHING (financially, family and much more).
Some members have alerted me and they will recognize themselves, because they are always there to look after the well being of others. Even if their words are hurtful. But I want to thank them.

My approach now, it does not correspond to most of the players and I admit that sometimes, I want to send a large amount of money on a tennis match by watching the live! But the mistake would be to do it! I am now looking to win between 1 and 3% of my stake if possible. It seems so little! Why not put Β£100 @1.03!
No, because we all know the sport !

Β Indeed, betting is about emotions during a match, winning a lot of money in one go (for example by betting Β£200 @2.10 tonight on city), but let's not forget that it's also about a lot of losers of which I am one.

That's why I'm changing the approach of the Bet

It's totally different, the emotions are different and it's life changing, because I don't watch the games in the same way.
My research is not defined in the same way, but the pleasure is still there.

Even for a return on investment of 1 to 2 %. After 30 bets I'm up to Β£40+. Not bad for a loser.
I will continue to fund my bank until December and then try to be totally self-sufficient financially.

Β 

To play in the classic way, I use the forum contests which are so nice!
Thanks again to the organizers!

1 hour ago, Heisenberg68 said:

I think some people are very septic about this way of playing.

They should probably put some ointment on that then!Β :unsureΒ (Sorry, couldn't resist, I know you meant sceptical.)

1 hour ago, Heisenberg68 said:

That's maybe why I don't have many answers in this thread.

Very few threads attract a huge amount of engagement, it's just the way of things (the threads being a long list of someone else's bets with the occasional update). There's also the aspect of you choosing not to discuss your selection approach at all, which might be of interest to some from an academic angle. Obviously it's nice that this is going well and good that it seems a better approach for you than previous ones but it's still very early days. 50 trades will be a nice landmark but anything less than 100 won't be conclusive either way. Comments and analysis are part and parcel of these threads but you need to keep building up the bet total so you've got a meaningful sample. There's also perhaps the issue of a trading thread being slightly less engaging than a bets thread as people are more likely to follow a bet they like the look of rather than an opening trade.

I'm keeping an eye but there's not a lot to say at this early stage (though it's good not to just be saying the same stuff I've had to say several times before). I'll take stock when you hit the 50 landmark.

Can't remember if I've asked this before but are you tracking the profit/loss for your closing and opening trades? What I'm getting at is that I'd want to know if just betting on one side of your trades would be more profitable (and less work) than trading both sides in the way that you are.

Anyway, good luck with it and keep enjoying it and sticking to the plan.

7 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

TradeΒ in progress

➑️ 32) £300 Back Sevilla  @1.98 v Elche

πŸ†•Β 32) Β£129 Back SevillaΒ  @2.02 v Elche

Β 

❌ Lay Sevilla @2,02 / -£5,94

πŸ’°Β New Bank Β£435,84

Edited by Heisenberg68
-Β£5,94

• 2 weeks later...

After 33 Trades :

πŸ’° Bank : Β£439.84

βœ… ROI : 0.85%

▢️ Bank +Β£100 ( this month only )

πŸ’° Bank : Β£539.84

βœ… Target end June : Β£547

Β 

Β  Start of the month Bank +Β£200 Win 3Β %
01/23 Β£0 Β£200 Β£206
02/23 Β£206 Β£406 Β£406
03/23 Β£406 Β£406 Β£406
04/23 Β£406 Β£406 Β£418
05/23 Β£418 Β£418 Β£431
06/23 Β£431 Β£531 Β£547
07/23 Β£547 Β£747 Β£769
08/23 Β£769 Β£969 Β£998
09/23 Β£998 Β£1Β 198 Β£1Β 234
10/23 Β£1Β 234 Β£1Β 434 Β£1Β 477
11/23 Β£1Β 477 Β£1Β 677 Β£1Β 727
12/23 Β£1Β 727 Β£1747 + Β£300

Β£2Β 047

On 5/24/2023 at 1:48 PM, harry_rag said:

They should probably put some ointment on that then!Β :unsureΒ (Sorry, couldn't resist, I know you meant sceptical.)

Very few threads attract a huge amount of engagement, it's just the way of things (the threads being a long list of someone else's bets with the occasional update). There's also the aspect of you choosing not to discuss your selection approach at all, which might be of interest to some from an academic angle. Obviously it's nice that this is going well and good that it seems a better approach for you than previous ones but it's still very early days. 50 trades will be a nice landmark but anything less than 100 won't be conclusive either way. Comments and analysis are part and parcel of these threads but you need to keep building up the bet total so you've got a meaningful sample. There's also perhaps the issue of a trading thread being slightly less engaging than a bets thread as people are more likely to follow a bet they like the look of rather than an opening trade.

I'm keeping an eye but there's not a lot to say at this early stage (though it's good not to just be saying the same stuff I've had to say several times before). I'll take stock when you hit the 50 landmark.

Can't remember if I've asked this before but are you tracking the profit/loss for your closing and opening trades? What I'm getting at is that I'd want to know if just betting on one side of your trades would be more profitable (and less work) than trading both sides in the way that you are.

Anyway, good luck with it and keep enjoying it and sticking to the plan.

Β 

The selection work is really different from the classic bet.

You have to keep an eye on everything, on the news in general and smell a good deal. Then you have to analyse the environment and ask yourself whether the punters are going to trust my selection to make the odds fall.

Then comes the negotiation. I always try to take the best odds and I often miss out on the trade because I'm not matched.

As I write, I'm trying to trade Cerundolo (tennis), [email protected]. I'm not yet matched.

Then, I use a trading software that calculates the best way to trade based on the odds.

• Heisenberg68 changed the title to πŸ’ πŸ•΅οΈβ€β™‚οΈ Heisenberg's Trade β˜€πŸ’πŸŽΎ 2k23
18 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

πŸ†•Β 37) Β£200 Back Rune @2.12 v Ruud

πŸ†•Β 37) Β£258 Back Rune @2.22 v Ruud

Β 

Β 

I've added Β£258 @2.22 because I really think punters will bet Rune .Β 

I realise it's a lot more complicated for me this period without football .Β 

I have a bit of tennis with big tournaments but it's not easy.Β 

July is going to be a long month and I think I'll just bet to get some experience until the football League come back.Β 

20 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

πŸ†•Β 37) Β£258 Back Rune @2.22 v Ruud

Β 

Β 

I've added Β£258 @2.22 because I really think punters will bet Rune .Β 

I realise it's a lot more complicated for me this period without football .Β 

I have a bit of tennis with big tournaments but it's not easy.Β 

July is going to be a long month and I think I'll just bet to get some experience until the football League come back.Β 

❌ Lay Rune @2.18 / -£0.75

πŸ’°Β New Bank Β£523,16

• 3 weeks later...

Hello my Punter Lounge friends 😎

I'm having a bit of a slow period at the moment, with very little football and sports that aren't too easy for my style of play.

What's more, I'm going through a very bad period in my personal life. The economic crisis is really hurting me and I'm really not in good mood, because it's very complicated.

It's a real shame, because betting is going rather well, much better than in recent years when I lost a lot of money because of tilts!

But everything will be back to normal in a few months' time.

I had to take the decision not to deposit any money for a few months in order to sort out my personal problems. It's an important decision.

So this topic will continue, but without any deposits for the time being.

As soon as I can, I'll start depositing again.

The objective will be to continue to make trades and learn to play well to continue on the good way to start the year 2024 πŸ’ͺ

I'm going to play a maximum of $100. It's complicated because there's not a lot of money in these markets.
But it allows me to continue to learn about the movements of the odds.

Β 

we can't wait for the big championships to return

23 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

➑️ 39) £100 Back Germany -21 @2,60 v England -21

πŸ†• 40) Β£100 Back Italy -21 @1,69 v Norway -21

❌ Lay Germany u21 @2,86 / -£12,16

πŸ’°Β New Bank Β£513,58