** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

EFL Cup Predictions > Dec 20th - 22nd

eflcup.jpg

It seems utterly surreal that just days after the closing of the 2022 World Cup we're back into the bump and grind of the EFL Cup 4th Round. Eight fascinating ties coming up including the epic Manchester City versus Liverpool match on Thursday. Take a look at the odds above and share your bets with us below! :ok

Tough to find the value in the games tonight. Even a four fold backing the favourites offers little more than Evens money which is poor. If I had to pick one game where I felt the underdogs could win then you'd have to back Lincoln City as a double chance against Southampton due to the Saints still settling into life under Nathan Jones or backing MK Dons as an any chance bet as a home team against Leicester who will likely field fringe players.

I´m with you. Only Value i see here is on Lincoln City Side. I´ve made with bet365 Builder a Bet with Newcastle to Win and Under 5 Goals. Newcastle very strong this Season and also strong Defensive. So after World Cup Brake both Teams will need Time to find there form, but for me Newcastle here with much more quailty. Bournemouth with most Goals against them in PL. But for me they will not become more then 3 here today.

EFL CUP. LAST 16

Manchester City Vs Liverpool

Odds @ bet365: (1) 1.67 (x) 3.75 (2) 4.33

The two teams will face off in the round of 16 after Manchester City eliminated Chelsea 2-0 and Liverpool defeated Derby County on penalties following a 0-0 FT. The two teams excelled in every competition during the 2021–22 season. Both Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp can assert that they are the best and most successful coaches currently working in the English Premier League. However, Liverpool had a rough patch prior to the FIFA World Cup, particularly in the English Premier League, but was doing better in the UCL and EFL CUP. Man City, in contrast, had success across the board in every league, including the EPL, EFL, and UCL.

H2H:  EFL Meetings
They have previously faced off six times in the EFL CUP, with Man City winning once (16%) and tying twice (34%) while Liverpool has won three (50%).
EFL CUP Recent Champions
This EFL Cup was almost renamed the "Pep Cup" or "Man City Cup" after Man City won four consecutive EFL Cups under Pep from 2018 to 2021, giving them an overall total of 8 EFL trophies. For the first time since winning the trophy in 2012, Liverpool won the EFL CUP in 2022. The club currently has 9 EFL trophies.
In the previous five seasons, the EFL CUP champions were 2022's Liverpool, 2021's Man City, 2020's Man City, 2019's Man City, and 2018's Man City.

In light of the current EPL situation, where Man City is up against tough competition from Arsenal, led by Arteta, the former Pep's assistant coach. Mancity won't relinquish this EFL Cup. Klopp, on the other hand, is ambitious about winning it again to add to his trophy collection after relishing the EFL victory in 2022. It'll be a tough game, and penalties might be necessary.

My Prediction
1-1 FT Draw (3.75) BTTS Yes (1.52)
Edited by Gedkip
Additional Information