** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship League

Fader

Another Championship League snooker tournament kicks off this morning, at 11am. Here are all the groups for the event. Where I've put "x" its unassigned yet. Basically, whoever gets top 4 goes into the next round of a group standing and whoever gets 5th has another crack in the following group.

Group 1 (Dec 19/20)
Lisowski Through

Group 2 (Dec 21/22)
Bingham Through

Group 3 (Jan 3/4)
K.Wilson Through

Group 4 (Jan 5/6)
Trump Through

Group 5 (Jan 7/8)
Higgins Through

Group 6 (Jan 9/10)
N.Robertson Through

Group 7 (Feb 27/28)
Guodong Through

Winners Group (Mar 1-2)
Lisowski
Bingham
K.Wilson
Trump
Higgins
N.Robertson
Guodong

Group 3 of this event is tomorrow. The player that is the longest odds is Matt Selt and I am going to have a point on him winning the group tomorrow. He is playing well in this event. He came 4th in the table and then got to the final via the play-offs in the first group. He then won the table in the 2nd group but went out to the eventual winner, Bingham, in a deciding leg. Worth a punt at 9/1 

1pt Selt to win the Group 9/1 bet365

So now Xintong has been suspended. It'll be interesting to see if anything sticks and for what matches, and whilst it's most likely to be historical matches as soon as I read the story the first thing I though of was his match against Mink, which he won but not without unexpectedly dropping a couple of frames.

On 1/2/2023 at 9:11 PM, Fader said:

Group 3 of this event is tomorrow. The player that is the longest odds is Matt Selt and I am going to have a point on him winning the group tomorrow. He is playing well in this event. He came 4th in the table and then got to the final via the play-offs in the first group. He then won the table in the 2nd group but went out to the eventual winner, Bingham, in a deciding leg. Worth a punt at 9/1 

1pt Selt to win the Group 9/1 bet365

Selt reaches the final and loses in a deciding Leg to Kyren Wilson despite having so many chances, 3-2. Gave us our money's worth atleast. 

Tomorrows group has a few from yesterday, in Selt, Milkins, Selby, Walden along with Higgins, Trump and Gary Wilson, who comes into this for the banned Xintong. I think I'm going to give Walden a chance tomorrow. He was absolutely brilliant in the group stage today and won all but one of the 6 matches he played. He then lost the plot big time against Selt after going 2-0 up and Selt ending up winner. I can't see the likes of Higgins and Trump caring too much about this but they're easily good enough to get into the top 4 and so I'm not sure it's worth going with Selt again. I can't see him getting above Higgins, Trump, Selby and Walden. Gary Wilson is also always a dangerous player in these short formats. I would want double figures on his price though.

1pt Walden to win Group 7/1 bet365

• 1 month later...

A new group today but looks like Williams has pulled out for Guodong so it will be money back if Williams isn't competing. I've taken a small punt on Milkins to win the event at 80/1 with b365. I can't find any betting on the group winner so will have to go with this

0.5pts e/w Milkins to win Championship League 80/1 bet365

Milkins bet still live. He will take on Group 6 tomorrow and Friday.

Looks like no Mark Williams or Brecel this tournament and so both are returned stake.  Indeed, likely now Carter wont bother either.

I'll be going for a group winner tomorrow if the market gets up quick enough. Milkins/Guodong/Selt one of those 3 for me but we'll see what the markets bring.

9 hours ago, Fader said:

Milkins bet still live. He will take on Group 6 tomorrow and Friday.

Looks like no Mark Williams or Brecel this tournament and so both are returned stake.  Indeed, likely now Carter wont bother either.

I'll be going for a group winner tomorrow if the market gets up quick enough. Milkins/Guodong/Selt one of those 3 for me but we'll see what the markets bring.

at odds 9.5/1, 9.5/1 and 8.5/1 on bet365 

1 hour ago, vikki37 said:

at odds 9.5/1, 9.5/1 and 8.5/1 on bet365 

that's what I like to see. All the bottom 3 in the betting :D although odds are not as good now. Typical. They must read this forum.

Selt topped the table in Group 2 (lost in semi-final), lost in the final in Group 3 and lost in the final of Group 5. So for somebody who obviously likes the format, odds of 8.5 look to be a good shout. Milkins was in decent form yesterday. He won 2 out of 3 yesterday and just needed to beat Higgins to make the Semi-Final. Lost 3-2. In all likelyhood it would have been a Milkins/Selt final had he had got through. I am going to bet on Milkins to win the group too. I was tempted with Guodong too, but he faded massively in the 2nd day and that akes me think at the play-off stage he may falter.

2pts Selt to win Group 15/2 bet365
2pts Milkins to win Group 15/2 bet365

Last group then today/tomorrow and then the final is wed/thur. Most of my outrights have decided not to play and the bets going to be or has been void but instead of betting on the group winner here, I want to pick somebody who (hopefully) wins here and then is a live chance going into the final

1pt e/w Yuelong to win CLeague 40/1 bet365
1pt e/w Guodong to win CLeague 40/1 bet365

So anybody following will have Guodong at 40/1. We want a solid pick along side it. I'll take Higgins. This is a champion in this event. Topped a group with Trump in it, beating him 3-2 only to lose the final of that group but then won the next group. In my opinion he is the favourite tomorrow evening.

2pts Higgins to win Championship League 11/2 bet365

On 3/1/2023 at 9:53 AM, Fader said:

So anybody following will have Guodong at 40/1. We want a solid pick along side it. I'll take Higgins. This is a champion in this event. Topped a group with Trump in it, beating him 3-2 only to lose the final of that group but then won the next group. In my opinion he is the favourite tomorrow evening.

2pts Higgins to win Championship League 11/2 bet365

Ah well, perhaps Guodong couldn't make the Semi Finals but atleast Higgins retains the title for a 11/2 winner.