** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat-Sunday 18th December.

kensland

Certainly overdue a winner after the last few picks.

Wolves 2.39

Class two handicap and last year's winner

TONE THE BARONE

win

Sets the standard has an excellent record in class twos and a very good record on the all weather. 

STRONG POWER

Each way

Drops in grade and sports first time headgear.

Tone the barone has beaten Highfield princess, here by half a length and that is the standout piece of form on offer by  this likable horse who is 1-1-2 at wolves 

First just the one Stable Switcher in the in the 3.44 Thurles, One Cool Lady currently on a drift at around the 14.5 mark, might be worth a win and place.....28 taken and 3.35 in the 4 Tbp market.............4th place, happy with that.

2.14 Thurles The Model Kingdon won well last time out in a Novices Hurdle, prior to that she finished 3rd in a Graded race so sets the standard, 2.68 was nice to get early doors, would be shorter but for the Elliott horse who also won last time out.......Davy Russell's horse, gambled on wins, then he announces his retirement, well done Davy..........couldnt have seen that one coming.

3.14 Grand Soir was an expensive purchase at £160k, but is starting to reward the owners with two wins from three since being upped in distance and maybe there is more to come from him, currently 2.9 and drifitng..........................................Won at a Bfsp of 3.5 ?

Good luck today whatever you are one.

Edited by jonjo

Missed @The Brigadier's winner Mister X and Serena Rose was 2nd at 22/1 well done to him

1.39 Wolv 1 pt win on Brasca at 6.2, 1 pt win at 6.4 on Longsider and a cover bet on the favourite at 1.70.  3.70 staked for poss 2.45 v 2.65 profit

Not enough races to go for a Trixie imo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, that's a reminder that all horses in a handicap have a chance of winning the race.

Will have another go in the 2.39 at Wolv.   Alligator Alley 3 pts win at 3.3, Tone The Baron 3 pts win at 5.2, Strong Power 0.5 win at 10/1, Kaboo 0.5 win at 12/1 and Bedford Flyer 1 pt win at 7.0. Total stakes -8.50. Hoping that Tone The Baron wins for roughly a 7 pts profit and a small profit if the favourite obliges.  A small loss if any of my other horses win

3.39 Wolv Anyahh 2 pts win ta 3.85 for a 5.59 profit

Total stakes today = 14.20

Had 1 pt ew at 11 on Astro Jack in the 3.09

16.5 total stakes

RESULTS UPDATE

Didn't go right for me today with my main bets not finding the target.  No too much harm done with a small loss of 3.38 pts.  Makes my MTD -39.94 and YTD -303.38.  Well done to @The Brigadierfor his winners today.  I should have got up early and put them in multiples.  I did have a small 4.45 win on Argentina in the World Cup.  I only tuned in after the second period of extra time and reckon that this was probably the best part of whole game

Hopefully Lingfield will go ahead tomorrow if the ground unfreezes and we have two all weather meetings to look at too. 

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

5 hours ago, Tedthewolf said:

0.1 e/w lucky 15 bet365 bog = 3pts

1.15 TH-SEAN SAYS 10/1 5places

1.44 TH -TURBO 20/1 4places

2.14  TH -BELLE THE LIONESS 7/1 2places

2.44 TH -CERBERUS 14/1 4places

Running Total Loss -9pts

3 places 9.98pts return the other one placed would have done nicely!

Running Total  0.98 Profit.

22 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Will have another go in the 2.39 at Wolv.   Alligator Alley 3 pts win at 3.3, Tone The Baron 3 pts win at 5.2, Strong Power 0.5 win at 10/1, Kaboo 0.5 win at 12/1 and Bedford Flyer 1 pt win at 7.0. Total stakes -8.50. Hoping that Tone The Baron wins for roughly a 7 pts profit and a small profit if the favourite obliges.  A small loss if any of my other horses win

I would have a rethink. Backing 5 runners in a 7 horse race, that is just 'fear of losing' rather than trying to win. Sometimes a race lends itself to backing more than 1 runner but too much diversification will only lead to a guaranteed long term loss. More successful people than myself have said 'diversification is only an attempt at avoiding failure'. You staked 8.5pts and 'found' the winner with 3pts at 3.3 (9.9 return). That is like backing a 1/6 winner, would you stake 8.5pts on a 1/6 chance ? If the race looks that difficult, I would move on to another race. Bookmakers have to take bets, but we can wait for the next race etc.

2 hours ago, Bang on said:

I would have a rethink. Backing 5 runners in a 7 horse race, that is just 'fear of losing' rather than trying to win.

The bit about 3 of the runners resulting in a small loss was the least appealing bit for me. I agree that 5 out of 7 runners seems too many but for the 3 in question I'd either not back them at all or at least have them as a "saver" for break even at worst.

I’m trying to get out of the habit of having more than one horse unless it’s a big field or I really cannot split the two and they are favourable prices. Not only does it lessen your profit/loss total if you’re on a losing run, but it just annoys me that I’m picking more than one selection in what is usually not that big a field . Same with ew at small odds of 4/1-5/1. I think the fear of losing can be a problem. It’s a hard game to master is horse racing punting .