** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat-Thursday 15th December.

kensland

I rather feel that I should have spent my time studying Chelmsford than Southwell today

Anyway, I have had a few bets here.

2.33 Sou Thriller In Manilla 0.50 ew at 16/1 (I have had a tip for this one each way; I can only see that a drop in class may help but can't be abundantly confident)

3.03 Sou All About Alice 1 pt win at 7.4

3.33 Sou Easy Equation 2.5 pts win at 4.4 and Freewheelin saver 1.50 win at 4.8.  September Power is the favourite but I prefer to stick with horses that are proven over two miles.

4.35 Sou Belagio Man 1 pt win at 13/2

5.05 Sou Politics is all the rage but its best price is 6/4.  Anyone who wants to take that is welcome to it in class 6 handicap.  Not for me

Total stakes = 7 points

Hopefully can find time for Chelmsford as most PL members are making efforts there today.

Southwell 2.03

COULNAGO 

Win 

Handicap debut

This one has a chance if settling better faced some good horses over six furlongs who have all proved to be better class.

Ran into a good newcomer here last time trained by Kevin Ryan and ridden by D. Tudhope. Third home has won since.

Headgear on may see this runner settle better as got to the front too soon latest. Every chance if ground is not too testing when frozen. 

Last year's average ( first three) indicates stall 7 not a bad place to be.  May have got in lightly on current rating based on quality of opposition faced up to now, but does have to prove it from high in the weights which often suits in a nursery.

Edited by sporting sam

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I rather feel that I should have spent my time studying Chelmsford than Southwell today

Anyway, I have had a few bets here.

2.33 Sou Thriller In Manilla 0.50 ew at 16/1 (I have had a tip for this one each way; I can only see that a drop in class may help but can't be abundantly confident)

3.03 Sou All About Alice 1 pt win at 7.4

3.33 Sou Easy Equation 2.5 pts win at 4.4 and Freewheelin saver 1.50 win at 4.8.  September Power is the favourite but I prefer to stick with horses that are proven over two miles.

4.35 Sou Belagio Man 1 pt win at 13/2

5.05 Sou Politics is all the rage but its best price is 6/4.  Anyone who wants to take that is welcome to it in class 6 handicap.  Not for me

Total stakes = 7 points

Hopefully can find time for Chelmsford as most PL members are making efforts there today.

Had a look at Chelmsford now.  No selections strong enough for a Trixie and don't want to do one at short odds either

6.30 Kingsley Pride 1 pt win at 5.9

7.00 Tarbaan 3.55 win at 3.6 with a saver on Diamond Ranger of 2.00 at 3.15 to B/E.  Can't see why Tarbaan shouldn't win but @Bang onnaps Diamond Ranger so I better cover my arse

8.00 Revolutionise 1 pts win at 6.0 and Fiduciary 0.5 ew at 12/1

8.30 Nasim 0.50 win at 13/2 and Deep Sigh 0.5 win at 7/1

Total points now = 16.55 (could be a tough day)

Chelmsford abandoned so just my afternoon bets played.

Surprisingly the only winner was the info I got on Thrilla In Manilla.  Had I realised it would be good I would have emphasised it a bit more?  However, looking at its form it looked as though it couldn't win.  I notice that the trainer's reptile said after the race that he could not offer any explanation with regard to the horse's improved form.  What a likely story,  I will have to watch Mr Midgley's runners in future regarding possible coups like this.  Anyway, I didn't want to pay £1 for the tipster's Nap of the day instead of his usual flat fee of £20 so I guess that's the end of hearing from him again.  A small profit of 4.60 today meant that my MTD is now -34.56 and YTD loss -298.00

Who knows if Southwell will go ahead tomorrow following an inspection?  Kempton looks possible but I will only look when I know a bit more information.

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

19 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Had a look at Chelmsford now. 

7.00 Tarbaan 3.55 win at 3.6 with a saver on Diamond Ranger of 2.00 at 3.15 to B/E.  Can't see why Tarbaan shouldn't win but @Bang onnaps Diamond Ranger so I better cover my arse

HaHa, I've had a tough week or so, so don't go mad. Backed Diamond Ranger LTO at 6/1 and IMO it wasn't given 100% . So, I'm back in again. Trainer in decent form so fingers x'd.