** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Football Tipster

Cookiejames1

22 hours ago, Cookiejames1 said:

Blackburn vs Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough none goals 27/10 :eyes

Blackburn over 0.5 goals 2/5 :ok

I'd suggest the above would have been a more accurate way to portray the result than simply quoting and "booming" as if both bets had won (you could easily have deleted the loser from the quote). Just my opinion but I've noticed it that many times now that I thought I'd make the observation. I assume it's not your intention to mislead the casual visitor into thinking all the bets have won when only one of them has. Only personal preference but I'd suggest that booming is best left to Basil Brush and dodgy Twitter tipsters!

I'm not sure that the "chat and banter" section is the best place to post your selections in terms of many people seeing them (as the name implies it's more for footy related stuff other than actual picks). You could either just post your selections alongside everyone else in the thread for the relevant set of fixtures or maybe start a thread in the "Glory Hunt" section where you track the profit/loss for your bets (in which case you'd need to state the price and stake for each pick). Maybe start one for the New Year onwards.

As it is this just looks like a thread where you're posting random selections and booming the winners while glossing over the losers. I haven't totted up for a while but I'm pretty sure you'd be making a loss backing every selection to level stakes. If you're going to post everything in a single thread and refer to yourself as a tipster you might well let people see how they'd have done if they'd followed your selections.

Hopefully that comes across constructively as intended; I've been keeping an eye on the thread and thinking along those lines for a while.

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

I'd suggest the above would have been a more accurate way to portray the result than simply quoting and "booming" as if both bets had won (you could easily have deleted the loser from the quote). Just my opinion but I've noticed it that many times now that I thought I'd make the observation. I assume it's not your intention to mislead the casual visitor into thinking all the bets have won when only one of them has. Only personal preference but I'd suggest that booming is best left to Basil Brush and dodgy Twitter tipsters!

I'm not sure that the "chat and banter" section is the best place to post your selections in terms of many people seeing them (as the name implies it's more for footy related stuff other than actual picks). You could either just post your selections alongside everyone else in the thread for the relevant set of fixtures or maybe start a thread in the "Glory Hunt" section where you track the profit/loss for your bets (in which case you'd need to state the price and stake for each pick). Maybe start one for the New Year onwards.

As it is this just looks like a thread where you're posting random selections and booming the winners while glossing over the losers. I haven't totted up for a while but I'm pretty sure you'd be making a loss backing every selection to level stakes. If you're going to post everything in a single thread and refer to yourself as a tipster you might well let people see how they'd have done if they'd followed your selections.

Hopefully that comes across constructively as intended; I've been keeping an eye on the thread and thinking along those lines for a while.

Cheers for the feedback