** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

ADDITIONAL ANNUAL PRIZE

MCLARKE

1 hour ago, Budgie 65 said:

Nice one clarkey should have given it Ur grandkids

They get too much anyway.

For years I've given the kids £20 each if I made a profit each Saturday as an incentive for them to watch the racing with me. I think they watched it for a couple of weeks and then never bothered. They still expect £20 each week even though they are now in their 30s. It's cost me thousands over the years !

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

@kenisbusyfights back with a 40/1 shot to win the title.

I know some are sceptical with big prized winners but to get 8 with average odds over 40/1 is a very impressive performance.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

You put up a similar table for 2021. How do the above results - collectively and individually- compare ?

Attached is the table based on 2 years performance. To make a profit over a 2 year period is a truely commendable feat.

Particulary well done to those who made a profit in both years.

It is a sobering thought that the top 3 in 2021 all made a loss in 2022.

Having said that if you had followed the top 16 from 2021 you would have made a profit of 86 points in 2022.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

I class my wins in it as real achievements it's very difficult to no how to approach it , some go 50/1 or big prices everyday if someone gets one of them when there's 80 people in  more often  than not they get one  it almost game over. I mainly look for class droppers who have won over CD who are now below there winning marks with a jockey on that's won on them before and trainer with a bit of form  this system threw up plenty of big priced winners in last year if I have the time . but trawling through the form can be very testing  the ATR site highlights CD winners who are below there winning marks to make easier for anyone who maybe of interest .

Thanks again Michael for your no doubt endless time 

Best of luck always gazza 

48 minutes ago, Gary66 said:

I class my wins in it as real achievements it's very difficult to no how to approach it , some go 50/1 or big prices everyday if someone gets one of them when there's 80 people in  more often  than not they get one  it almost game over. I mainly look for class droppers who have won over CD who are now below there winning marks with a jockey on that's won on them before and trainer with a bit of form  this system threw up plenty of big priced winners in last year if I have the time . but trawling through the form can be very testing  the ATR site highlights CD winners who are below there winning marks to make easier for anyone who maybe of interest .

Thanks again Michael for your no doubt endless time 

Best of luck always gazza 

Looks a good system. What do you class as a trainer with a bit of form ?

30 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Looks a good system. What do you class as a trainer with a bit of form ?

Just a winner in the last week maybe 10 days the one you ignore  and don't put up Will be a big price but probably the start of of a stable in form. If no winner and the price was big and way below mark ie 6lb I would still have a go ew 

Just now, Gary66 said:

Just a winner in the last week maybe 10 days the one you ignore  and don't put up Will be a big price but probably the start of of a stable in form. If no winner and the price was big and way below mark ie 6lb I would still have a go ew 

Horses for courses is massive in my betting plan 

Love to no others strategies 

3 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Indeed. Although it doesn't show you and I in a good light !

Was smiling thinking that this year i am minus about 40 points for my disqualifications but even those added its still crap. must do better, i think i will take it a bit more serious this year tonight eg 3 winners 1 loser my nap was the loser. ??

51 minutes ago, Gary66 said:

Horses for courses is massive in my betting plan 

Love to no others strategies 

My 5 key categories for the jumps are  :-

1. Career runs - I prefer relatively unexposed / unknown horses. These tend to be younger than 7

2. Weight - I avoid horses carrying more than 10st 12lbs

3. Fitness - I prefer horses that have had a decent rest, preferably more than 3 weeks

4. I ignore horses ridden by inexperienced jockeys, i.e. those with more than a 3lb claim

5. Distance winners - I prefer horses that have not won over the distance

Looking at both years :

Overall the performance improved from 2021 to 2022 with a lower total loss, win rate improving from 16.76% to 18%, and rate of loss improving from loss on turnover of 4.52% to 3.67%. This improvement may be down to smaller field sizes in 2022 as a consequence of the long period of dry weather. 

Of the 182 listed punters 134 were active in both years. Of these 15 showed a profit in both years with 5 registering a profit of £30 or more in both years, and 4 returning a profit on turnover of 15% or more in both years.

Although Silver Fox finished 3rd I think the rate of winners and consistency of returns achieved are the most impressive.

On 1/6/2023 at 12:46 PM, Alastair said:

Looking at both years :

Overall the performance improved from 2021 to 2022 with a lower total loss, win rate improving from 16.76% to 18%, and rate of loss improving from loss on turnover of 4.52% to 3.67%. This improvement may be down to smaller field sizes in 2022 as a consequence of the long period of dry weather. 

Of the 182 listed punters 134 were active in both years. Of these 15 showed a profit in both years with 5 registering a profit of £30 or more in both years, and 4 returning a profit on turnover of 15% or more in both years.

Although Silver Fox finished 3rd I think the rate of winners and consistency of returns achieved are the most impressive.

I've done a more detailed analysis of the 2021 results with a view as to the performance the following year.

If you apply 2 simple filters, strike rate greater than 9% and more than 159 selections you end up with the following results for 2022

image.png

Applying the same logic to the 2022 data the following players could be worth following

image.png

We shall see, no pressure !

Looks like I have no choice in the matter...Quite fancied having one of those mugs ;0(

I just been told by Paypal I, because I am not Thai, can no longer use my account in Thailand. Apprently more than a few countries have the same problem with them.

They reimbursed me for a product that never arrived but not in full..it left 2 quid in the account which I can't buy anything with LOL and I can't log on to get it out..No big deal.

I find Skrill and Neteller money wallets much easier to use and with hassle zero.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't care about the money MC but not everyome has or can have a paypal account.

Takes 2 minutes to open  a skrill or neteller account with a credit or debit card. Then all you do is transfer using the  persons email and the amount is transferred immediatlly less a small fee.

Just saying:0)