** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rachael Blackmore Falls More Than Any Other Jockey?

Has anyone else noticed that Rachael Blackmore isn't as good as everyone keeps saying she is? That she seems to fall all the time, everyday she races she falls, and it seems to be far more than any other jockey from what I've noticed. I can't seem to find any stats on it, I'll have to keep and publish my own.

Granted, she wins some big races, 4m and 3m fences and hurdles, but these are on good horses that are good jumpers, the horse gets round really, any time she's on a horse that isn't such a good jumper she ends up on her back.

I remember reading an article from an insurance company, they polled jockeys after falls to check the reason the jockey's thought was the reason for the fall, some said the ground, the sunlight or an equipment failure, but 71% said it was there own fault. They thought the horse was out of stride, tried to adjust it and got it wrong, causing the horse to fall. If this stat holds up, and 71% of Rachael Blackmore's falls are her own fault, she's not that good of a jockey really.

Her strike rate isn't very good and most of her wins come on horses that are clear favourites.

• 2 weeks later...

She actually has a very good record, showing a level stake profit just backing her blind. The AE is 1.03

To be fair her record is better over hurdles than chases with an AE of 1.06 compared to 0.95.

She does well in the better class 1 events with an AE of 1.05.

She has an excellent record in the UK with an AE of 1.49.

She has a poor record in handicaps with an AE of 0.84 compared to 1.11 in stakes.

A note of caution, her record over the last 2 seasons has been poor with an AE of 0.94 in 20-21 and 0.88 in 21-22. This is despite her strike rate increasing. Perhaps the betting public has cottoned onto her qualities, with the exception of @rbtblb82!