** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions - 6th/7th December

Darran

Slough v Concord
A change of manager at Slough led to a win in the FA Trophy win, but back in the league and it has been two defeats. They not surprisingly lost to Ebbsfleet on Saturday, but more worrying has to be the 5-1 loss to Eastbourne the week before. It is just 2 points for them in their last 10 games now and they are really struggling. Concord have also changed their manager and as I highlighted a few weeks ago they have improved for the manager switch. Their only defeat in the last 6 league games was against Dartford and they have won 4 of those 6 games. Quite why they are as big a price as they are for this I don't know as they are in much better shape than their hosts right now and they are cracking value.

Welling v Farnborough
Welling started off very well and the ante-post bet on them was looking a fair shout, but their form has fallen off the edge of a cliff as they have won just once in 10 games. They have drawn 3 of their last 5 which isn't bad, but they are suffering a bit with injuries at the moment. I'm happy to back Farnborough again here as they were a bit unlucky not to win for us on Saturday. Their good form continues though so I think they can get back to winning ways here.

Kidderminster v Chester
For the first time since Setanta showed the play-offs back in 2007 we have a live National League North game on TV to look forward to. With a blank day in the World Cup BT are showing this game on Wednesday night and on Sunday lunchtime they are showing the National League South game between Braintree and Dulwich. It is handy they have chosen this game because I really fancy Chester. Quite how the bookies have come up with the prices they have for this game I don't know. The home sides only win in their last 7 games was a lucky one against bottom side AFC Telford. I mentioned when I backed Gloucester against them that they weren't playing well and they duly lost that game. On Friday night they only drew 1-1 against an Alfreton side who had gone down to ten men and had to put the reserve keeper in goal after their first choice got injured. They now host a Chester game who have won 7 and drawn 3 of their last 10 league games. They have scored 21 goals in that time, scored in every game and conceded just 7, 4 of which came in the 3 draws. As that shows they are in cracking form at the moment and their price is crazy as I would nearly make them favourites. At the price they are for me they are a max bet.

Concord 2pts @ 5/2 with Betfair and Paddy Power (take up to 7/4)
Farnborough 1pt @ 17/10 with Paddy Power, Betfair and Coral (take up to 11/8)
Chester 5pts @ 11/4 with Bet365, Betfred and Skybet (Coral are 3/1 and take up to 6/4)

Worthing, who are now 5th in the table after their 5-1 thrashing of 2nd place Havant on Saturday, have lost only once in their last 9 games, have to be value at a best price of 5.0 (more widely 4.75) to beat Ebbsfleet, who have lost 2 their last 3 league games, and won't be relishing the prospect of a Tuesday evening visit to Worthing.

I will be returning to the Eastbourne well for their trip to Tonbridge tonight, I saw they were available at a touch under 3.0 yesterday and I'm kicking myself for not getting on then, but still see value in the 2.3 currently on offer. With 6 wins & a draw from their last 7 matches with Hutchinson & Remy on fire, against a Tonbridge side who have been blowing hot & cold & still have important players out injured. I'm expecting an Eastbourne win.

I attended the Tonbridge v Eastbourne match, and Eastbourne were shockingly bad considering their recent run of results. It's no exaggeration to say that Tonbridge could have won 6 or 7-0, with the Tonbridge keeper only having one save to make. How 'Borough' can be so different to the last time I saw them, when they thrashed Weymouth is baffling' they did have some players out injured, but so did Tonbridge.

27 minutes ago, Bedlam said:

I attended the Tonbridge v Eastbourne match, and Eastbourne were shockingly bad considering their recent run of results. It's no exaggeration to say that Tonbridge could have won 6 or 7-0, with the Tonbridge keeper only having one save to make. How 'Borough' can be so different to the last time I saw them, when they thrashed Weymouth is baffling' they did have some players out injured, but so did Tonbridge.

Big gap between those two games though and a team like Eastbourne aren't always going to be that consistent. Not the first time they have put in a stinker this season.

Have to endorse Darran's comments about Kidderminster, although Chester were reportedly very poor in squeaking a 1-0 against Blyth Spartans at the weekend.

Nothing certain -  but there are local rumours that Kiddie have been hit with a bug this week, so there could be one or two extra players missing this evening as well as striker Ethan Freemantle. 

Chester's Kurt Willoughby has scored in 6 of his last 7 league games. Have bought his player goal rush at 8 with Sporting Index. [Wouldn't surprise me if Harriers old boy Declan Weekes scores - he's very decent from free kicks and shots outside the box].

2 hours ago, buga00 said:

great call on Chester , Darran ( for me ADDPEA :) , I saw the game here in Portugal , I wonder why it doesn't broadcast more national league north and south games ?? what a great game i watched..........

Well they probably wouldn’t get huge viewing figures but the gap in the World Cup gave them opportunity to try it. Hopefully it leads to more being shown.