Hugh cannot be serious!! Can He?

I'm open to criticism and have my tin hat on.

I know Hugh Taylor is a good guy.

But is there any real point in putting up selections at 9 am at odds which disappear soon after they are put up?

Great if they come in. Fair play to him.

But surely the bookmakers are loving it when people follow him at much lower odds than he put up and can only be value if they actually win.

I am not a better race reader than Hugh and I admire his rationale, every now and then he comes up with a stunner.  But I just think he is paid well and under pressure to be a Pricewise by 9 am every day. 

Surely in this day and age he could wait until the markets are formed, and a race actually takes shape, horses are withdrawn. I'd be happy to wait until five minutes before a race. That is when I get my best priced winners.

He could announce the races he was hoping to play in subject to developments an hour or two before. Of course bookmakers would not like that at all.

Otherwise I just see him as a bookies lackey good race reader or not.

Discuss.

I followed Pricewise since the 1980s and up until 2 years ago the bookies held his prices for 15 min which was great for me a other followers of Pricewise as we got the value but now his tips, the odds are being slashed. I thought about joining the Racing post subscribing site to get Pricewise tips around 7pm on Friday but the bookies are all over that as well.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.