** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday 14th November

MCLARKE

Exeter.

Double.

2.30. Midnight Glance. ...7/1...1st

2.00. Aldsworth ......      11/1....unpl.

singles & double.

Wolverhampton.

Double

6.00. Diocies of Rome.    10/3...unpl

8.30. Strecan De Vega.       7/1...unpl

singles & double

Good luck all.

Edited by kensland

C.Byrnes sends 2 over to Plumpton , GROZNI in the 1.10 & WAJAAHA in the 1.40 both odds on .

Tracker horse FAR SIGHT 4/1 Bet365 runs in Exeter's 2.00 , here's hoping there's NO omitted fences in the 3 UK jumps cards today as it's now starting to put me off having a bet etc...

1 winner claimed back for £10k & a loser for C.Byrnes & a decent 3rd for FAR SIGHT at 6/1 on hurdles debut well behind the odds on Nicholls winner .

Edited by calva decoy

Two seconds beaten at 1.02 and 1.06 yesterday, 2tbp markets were ok but I'm having lay off prices from now on in running, not for a cash out just to cover my stake.

2.30 Exeter I'm dutching two in this race. 

Firstly Midnight Glance at 10.5, Third behind Tea For Three last time out who is now rated 125 having won again nto, MG ran poorly in reality that day making far too many jumping errors, a better round today should see him in the places here. Lay off price here is arond the 2.6 mark.....1st

Secondly from the same race Representing Bob, he finihsed 15 lengths in front of MG that day but may not do so today even though they are at the same weights as last time. Ive 3.85 for this one. Lay off price will be around the 1.18 mark..............................................................................1st and 2nd with Midnight Glance winning nicely, went off at a Bfsp of 11.1. 

8.00 Wolves, I'm doing a trade in this race on the thrice raced Night Life, looks too big to me at the current price of 14 on the exchanges, A head second to Ndaawi who went on to win a class 2 and is now rated 92, staying on that day so maybe the extra distance will play into her hands today and she could give the odds on fav something to think about, will be looking to lay this off at around the 4 mark or lower in running, to give an even profit win or lose.

At Plumpton we have a situation where a jockey who is currently serving a 10 day ban in Ireland is riding two here today, both for his old man, a shrewd operator to say the least, Grozni in the 1.10 is around the 1.95 mark and in the 1.40 a Seller, Wahaaja, who has drifted from 2/5 to evens on the Exchanges and then back to 1.8!.....huge drift on Grozni just before the off, as big as 4.1 suggests they are laying this one?........Wahaaja backed in to 1.39 two minutes before the off suggests they are backing this one ?..........went off at 1.33 and hacks up!! Got there money offa the lay and put it all on the well backed one?

Good luck today everyone.

Edited by jonjo

Lay Bet

1.10 Plum Grozni 1.11 at 1.90 = 1.09 v 1.00 liability.  Should get matched (will let you know).  Current trading at a lay price of 2.02.  Looks most vulnerable with a 12lbs hike and unproven on softish going

Others Wajaaha 1.40 same stable looks strong.  1.30 Ex McFabulous odds against, 2.00 EX Timeforatune Paul Nicholls dangerous to lay and 8.00 Wolves Tabaretta Charlie Appleby and Will Buick powerful combo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not matched strangely enough so doesn't count

Edited by The Equaliser

Not enough good bets at decent odds for a Trixie today

2.30 Ex Midnight Glance 0.50 ew at 8/1 @Zilzalianand @kensland.  Lots of PL members in this race so low stakes recomended

2.40 Plum Storm Hill 1 pt win at 4.9 @Johnrobertson. My Nap today too

6.00 Wolv Mitrosonfire 0.50 ew at 9/1

7.00 Wolv Nachio 0.50 win at 8/1 @kenslandNap Captain Corcoran 0.50 win at 5/1 @MCLARKE5 yo But I don't know Stella Barclay and Ellie Piper 0.20 win at 9/1 svaer

8.30 Wolv King Charles 0.50 ew at 20/1 @justanotherpunter

5.20 stakes today

Looks tough for value seekers today.  Possibly a good day for favourites

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESULTS UPDATE

1 Winner and 1 placed bet meant a profit of 2 pts today.  MTD -45 YTD -256.74

Four UK meetings later, haven't had a chance to look yet

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

4 hours ago, alexcaruso808 said:

I haven't bet on racing in a while and thought I would have a punt today:

Course Time Selection Odds / Bet Type Result
Wolves 19:30 Wakai Umi 4.00 / win  

Plumpton 12:40 Brief Times 2.20 / win  
  14:10 Tap Tap Boom 6.00 / win  

Some results:

Wolves 19:30 Wakai Umi 4.00 / win  

Plumpton 12:40 Brief Times 2.20 / win 1st ?
  14:10 Tap Tap Boom 6.00 / win 1st ?

I'm very happy with today's results so far. 

Edited by alexcaruso808

8 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

I’m not playing today but the 3.00 Exeter Masters Legacy stands out. He beat a decent field on his chase debut and this should be easier . Paul Nicholls has Mr Glass making his chase debut , but the field Masters Legacy beat last time out demands respect . Currently 6/4 .

Glad I never wasted my money on that run. Well beaten.  He beat a good field last time out. 

5 hours ago, alexcaruso808 said:

Some results:

Wolves 19:30 Wakai Umi 4.00 / win 1st ?

Plumpton 12:40 Brief Times 2.20 / win 1st ?
  14:10 Tap Tap Boom 6.00 / win 1st ?

I'm very happy with today's results so far. 

three winners!  Should have done a trixie ?

The nice thing is that Wakai Umi came in at BOG of 9.00, cant complain about that.

20 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

5yo selections

I have had a lucky 15 on the top 4 highest prices

Plumpton 1.40 Albert Van Ornum 12/1
Exeter 2.30 William Philo 13/2
Exeter 3.00 Hidden Heroics 11/2
Leicester 3.20 Order Of St John 9/4
Plumpton 3.40 Universal Island 9/4
Wolverhampton 7.00 Captain Corcoran 13/2

Hidden Heroics wins at 7/1, Order Of St John wins at 9/4, 4 losers

Profit of 5.25 points on the day

Total 11 from 44, LSP 22.50 points

1 winner on the lucky 15 at 7/1 so a breakeven on this today

20 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Very well done.  Have you changed how the sausage machine works?

Thanks.   I am using different selection systems, one for jumps and another for the flat.  I have done away with my old spreadsheet system and am keeping things a little more simple.