** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions - 12th November

Darran

Bromley v Halifax
Bromley's form has really tailed off in recent weeks. You may remember I was really keen on them to beat Gateshead last month as they had started to score goals which had been a problem, but a 1-1 draw that afternoon was the start of a winless run of 6 games in the league. They have lost Chesterfield, Barnet, Maidenhead and then on Wednesday night against Woking. They did get a very good draw at Notts County prior to that Woking defeat though. Again, the problem seems to be scoring goals and now Halifax are much improved they are a spot of value to win this game. Their only defeat in their last 6 league games was at Wrexham which was hardly a surprise. They have beaten York, Dagenham, Oldham and on Tuesday night Solihull in that spell. That win on Tuesday was especially eye-catching as they limited Solihull to only a handful of shots. They lost in the FA Cup last week against Ebbsfleet, but going down to 10 men didn't help and Ebbsfleet have yet to lose this season. They are the team coming here in form though and whilst Bromley should be favourites I do think an away win is too big a price.

Southend v Dorking
In hindsight I should have just gone for goals on Wednesday night in the Dorking game and probably should have chanced over 4.5 given how it played out in the end. Southend really impressed me on Tuesday night against Notts County and I do think they are currently the 3rd best team in the division. They are scoring goals now as I keep highlighting and they are sure to get plenty of chances against Dorking. I was originally going to go for the over 3.5 goals which I do think has every chance of happening, but instead I am going to go with Southend to win and over 2.5 goals in the game. There is every chance we could be looking at a 3/4-0 win for Southend here, but Dorking are capable of scoring as well. So despite the fact Southend's defence has been very stingy of late, a 2-1 home win wouldn't be a huge shock either. Southend should have too much for them so I think that is the stronger bet.

Torquay v Chesterfield
So we add a 3-3 to the bonkers scorelines at Plainmoor in recent weeks. Given Torquay looked like they couldn't score at all for the first few weeks of the season it is hard to understand why the goals have suddenly started flowing. What's also happening though is they are conceding even more than they were as their average xG against was suggesting they would. You keep conceding good chances and eventually you are going to concede plenty of goals. We know Chesterfield have plenty of attacking threat and I think we could be looking at another goalfest so will take over 3.5 goals.

Wealdstone v Wrexham
As you know I usually like to take Wrexham on away from home, but they really ought to be covering the -1 handicap against a Wealdstone side who are leaking goals. They kept their first cleansheet in 10 games in their last game at Altrincham when they won 1-0, but Alty's xG was 2.06 so clearly they should have scored. Prior to that it was 5 defeats on the bounce 2-1, 2-1, 3-1, 6-1 and 4-1. The 6-1 was at home to Notts County so clearly Wrexham have the potential to score a few here. They won 3-1 at Scunthorpe on Wednesday night and odds against on them covering the -1 handicap looks a good bet.

Chelmsford v Hampton & Richmond
Just the one other bet at Step 2 and it is Chelmsford to win this. They might have one eye on the replay on Monday against Barnet, but although they drew 0-0 they didn't allow Dover to have a shot on target and their xG was 1.56 so they were unlucky not to win the game. Havant are the only team to have beaten them at home this season and they have only lost one other game. Hampton have now lost 4 on the bounce although they didn't do too badly against Ebbsfleet on Tuesday night. They have struggled on their travels only winning 3 and losing the other 5. I think Chelmsford should be a shade of odds on for this so happy to take odds against.

Halifax 1pt @ 3/1 with Betfred and Bet365 (take up to 2/1)
Southend to win & over 2.5 goals 2pts @ 6/4 with Coral and William Hill (take up to 11/10)
Torquay v Chesterfield over 3.5 goals 1pt @ 7/5 with Betfair, Paddy Power and Coral (take up to 6/5)
Wrexham -1 2.5pts @ 11/8 with Bet365 (take up to Evs)
Chelmsford 2pts @ 5/4 with Bet365, Betfair and Paddy Power  (take up to 5/6)