** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NFL - Week 10

PercyP

NFL Week 10 Predictions

I am expecting normality to return this week.

(1) LA Rams to win ATS – 1.5 Points @ 10/11

It is not often you can back a Super Bowl champion at home with the spread less being than a field goal. Given Rams head coach Sean McVay is 11-1 straight up and 10-1-1 ATS in his career against the Cardinals, the Rams look a good pick.

(2) Dolphins to win ATS – 3.5 Points @ 10/11

I love Nick Chubb and the Browns but they might find the Florida heat to much to overcome. Home advantage is huge with the Dolphins winning 9 of their last 10 games. Dolphins are 14-4 SU in their last 18 games.

(3) NY Giants to win ATS – 4.5 Points @ 10/11

The Giants are probably not as good as their record of 6-2 indicates. However, the Texans are poor ranked 25th in both passing and running. Giants have won and covered 75% of their games coming off a bye week. Saquon Barkley will be the difference.

(4) Cowboys to win ATS –5.0 Points @ 10/11

Whilst I want to stick with Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay at Lambeau, I can’t. The Packers are a mess. Aaron Jones and Rashan Gary two of their experienced players left the game last week together with Romeo Doubs also out. If Rodgers could improve his passing he has little in the way of options to throw to.

(5) 49Ers to win ATS -7.0 points @ 10/11

Herbert has few options with the Chargers injuries. 49Ers get it done.

Bet:

10 x 1 point trebles

5 x 3 point 4 timers

5 point accumulator

30 points staked

All prices Bet365

Second Set of Selections

(6) Steelers to win Moneyline @ 21/20

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is 11-4 SU of the bye with five straight wins. At home he is 14-2-1 ATS.

(7) Bears to win ATS 3.0 points @ 20/21

I can’t believe I am picking the Bears but they beat the Lions 24-14 last season.

(8) Falcons to Win ATS – 2.5 Points @ 5/6

Having Cordarrelle Patterson back could help the Falcons. The Panthers will be more interested in getting the best pick at the end of the season.

(9) Bucs to win ATS – 3.0 Points @ 20/21

How long can I keep following Tom Brady? I shall stick with him this week as this is his fourth game overseas: 3-0 SU/ATS, winning by a combined score of 113-22.

(10) Jags to win ATS +9.5 Points @ 10/11

Excluding two losses to the Bills, the Chiefs are 16-3 Straight Up at home, so they should clearly be able to win this match. Looking into the record books 10 of those wins have come by 10 or less points so the Jags could keep it closer than expected. Also when Chiefs play back-to-back games at Arrowhead Mahomes is just 5-9 ATS when favoured by more than a Field Goal.

Bet:

10 x 0.5 point trebles

5 x 1.5 point 4 timers

2.5 point accumulator

15 points staked

Only had a quick look at tonight’s game, Foreman and Patterson head the market and no surprise if at least one of them scores a TD but I’ll pass (which is probably a clear signal for you to pile on).

Lads have a double up boost on Mariota and Walker to pass for 2+ TD each and that appeals for an interest in proceedings.

Two l like the look of today are:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1.66 Bet365

Play in Germany against the Seahawks. In agreement with @PercyP here in that Tom Brady will have big motivation to impress in front of the German fans for the first time.

San Francisco 49ers 1.29 Bet365

Play at home against the L.A. Chargers. I fancy the 49ers to complete an L.A. double after beating the Rams in impressive style last time out.

17 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Just Cook so a negative return from those 3.

I like Hurts at 7/5 tonight but will see if I can get a bit better on the exchange.

11 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Out to 8/5 with Hills so taken that.

Hurts delivers the goods in the first quarter. Top tipping again Harry. Surprise result mind, seeing The Commanders topple The Eagles.

NFL Week 10 Results

I am expecting normality to return this week. Wrong, the season continues to be unpredictable.

Week 10 Record W4 L6 – 45.00 points staked - no return for a weekly loss of 45.00 points.

The YTD record is now: Total selections 100 – W39 D5 L56 staked 450.00 returned 443.82 for an overall seasonal loss of -6.18 points.

(1) LA Rams to win ATS – 1.5 Points @ 10/11- Lost = Rams look nothing like a Super Bowl team losing 27-17 to the Cardinals minus Kyler Murray.

Given Rams head coach Sean McVay is 11-1 straight up and 10-1-1 ATS in his career against the Cardinals, the Rams look a good pick. A hopeless day for the Rams. Stafford concussed, backup QB inexperienced and Cooper Kupp injured.

(2) Dolphins to win ATS – 3.5 Points @ 10/11- Won = Dolphins too good for the Browns 39-17

I love Nick Chubb and the Browns but they might find the Florida heat to much to overcome. Home advantage is huge with the Dolphins winning 9 of their last 10 games. Dolphins are 14-4 SU in their last 18 games. Miami is a difficult place for the opposition to win at. It’s just too darn hot.

(3) NY Giants to win ATS – 4.5 Points @ 10/11- Won = Giants win 24-16

Giants have won and covered 75% of their games coming off a bye week. Giants were clearly the better team but could not put this game to bed.

(4) Cowboys to win ATS –5.0 Points @ 10/11- Lost = Aaron Rodgers magic see the Packers end their five game losing streak in overtime 31-28

Whilst I want to stick with Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay at Lambeau, I can’t. Wished I had now.

(5) 49Ers to win ATS -7.0 points @ 10/11- Lost = 49 Ers only win by 6.

Herbert has few options with the Chargers injuries. 49Ers looked a Super Bowl Champion in the second half, get it done but only by 6 points..

(6)Steelers to win Moneyline @ 21/20 – Won = Steelers win 20-10

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is 11-4 SU of the bye with five straight wins. At home he is 14-2-1 ATS. Never write off the Steelers.

(7) Bears to win ATS -3.0 points @ 20/21- Lost = Bears lose 31-30 after missing the extra point following a touchdown.

I can’t believe I am picking the Bears but they beat the Lions 24-14 last season. A rare error from Justin Fields gave the Lions a pick six to take the scores to 24-24.

(8) Falcons to Win ATS – 2.5 Points @ 5/6 – Lost = Panthers on top 25-15

Having Cordarrelle Patterson back could help the Falcons. The Panthers will be more interested in getting the best pick at the end of the season. Wrong, Panthers win the running game.

(9) Bucs to win ATS – 3.0 Points @ 20/21- Won = Tampa beat Seattle 21-16

How long can I keep following Tom Brady? I shall stick with him this week as this is his fourth game overseas: 3-0 SU/ATS, winning by a combined score of 113-22. Tom Brady played like Tom Brady.

(10) Jags to win ATS +9.5 Points @ 10/11- Lost = Jags fail to beat the spread by 0.5 points.

Excluding two losses to the Bills, the Chiefs are 16-3 Straight Up at home, so they should clearly be able to win this match. Looking into the record books 10 of those wins have come by 10 or less points so the Jags could keep it closer than expected. Chiefs win by ten 27-17.