** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

HORSES 1-3-2-6

waggy

On 11/11/2022 at 7:37 PM, waggy said:

Bang on, I'll let you work it out to see if it's right for you. If the prices are better than evens the more you win. The aim is to get four winners on the trot with a degree of safety 

I understand the aim, but there is a much bigger emphasis on bets 2 and 4 (3pts, 6pts). It is mathematically unsound. BET 2 is crucial to any profit.

On 11/15/2022 at 3:56 PM, Bang on said:

I understand the aim, but there is a much bigger emphasis on bets 2 and 4 (3pts, 6pts). It is mathematically unsound. BET 2 is crucial to any profit.

4 hours ago, Bang on said:

Is it no longer 1-3-2-6 as the thread says ?

I don’t understand 

32 minutes ago, Heisenberg68 said:

I don’t understand 

The thread is called 1-3-2-6 because of the staking progression.

1pt ... 3pts ... 2pts ... 6pts (winners only - revert back to 1pt after a loser - or end of sequence)

Possibilities

Bet 1 - this is just the first bet - 1pt

Bet 2 - 3pts ... If bet 2 loses (-3), bet 1 must have won at odds of 3/1 just to break level.

Bet 3 - 2pts ... If bets 1 and 2 have both won, and bet 3 loses (-2) ... you should still be winning on the sequence.

Bet 4 - 6pts ... If the first 3 bets have won, and bet 4 loses (-6) ... you should be at least level (provided Evens minimum price for bets 1,2,3).

Obviously the aim is for all 4 bets to win which can prove difficult. As I stated earlier, Bet 2 is crucial as this is where you need to avoid a loser or you could have backed a winner in bet1, but still end up losing on the sequence.