** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Championship (plus qualifiers)

Fader

It's the fifth snooker ranking event and the first in the triple crown series and tomorrow we have a whole bunch of matches aswell as the other semi-final of the Champion Of Champions. I'll be looking to the experience of Alfie Burden against Liam Davies. Davies is a good up and coming prospect but it's a big match for him and he's flattered to deceive in the big time so far. Emery is playing some great stuff right now and beat Li Hang 4-0 recently and I fancy him to beat Duffy with a few to spare.

Finally, I think it's time to back Mink to push a player close and it comes against a good opponent in Ferg O'Brien. Ferg has lost all first round matches this season and has only won 3 frames in his last 4 matches. Losing the last 2 4-0. I wouldn't be surprised if Mink beat him. 13/2 is a huge price. She may not be a top quality player but she has great determination and wins a lot of frames that she shouldn't. She should get at least 3 frames in a first to 6.

5pts A.Burden to beat L.Davies 4/5 paddypower
5pts Mink Wongharuthai (+3.5 frames) to beat Ferg O'Brien 11/10 paddypower
3pts D.Emery (-2.5 frames) to beat A.Duffy evens paddypower 
------------------------------------------------------------------
2pts Mink Wongharuthai to beat Ferg O'Brien 13/2 paddypower

To qualify bets
2pts M.White (section 5) 3/1 William Hill
2pts C.Bingyu (
section 12) 7/1 paddypower
2pts J.Page (
section 15) 13/2 paddypower
1pt A.Hugill (
section 13) 16/1 paddypower
---------------------------------------------------
0.5pts D.Emery (
section 11) 125/1 paddypower
0.5pts F.Ajaib (
section 6) 125/1 paddypower
0.5pts S.O'Sullivan (
section 15) 175/1 paddypower

• Fader changed the title to UK Championship (plus qualifiers)

Couldn't be more wrong about old Mink. Bloody awful performance. Not sure she should  be on the circuit. Am i being harsh? If you can't even get a frame against rubbish old Ferg O'Brien when he's not won one match then you know things are bad. Elsewhere Burden won 6-4 and Emery plays tonight. White through to next round of qualifiers. Ajaib beating Zifan 

59 minutes ago, Fader said:

Couldn't be more wrong about old Mink. Bloody awful performance. Not sure she should  be on the circuit. Am i being harsh? If you can't even get a frame against rubbish old Ferg O'Brien when he's not won one match then you know things are bad. Elsewhere Burden won 6-4 and Emery plays tonight. White through to next round of qualifiers. Ajaib beating Zifan 

I didn't watch but that's some going to not even win a frame after getting a couple against Xintong. The only thing I can think is the disparity in performance had to do with the differing styles of Xintong and O'Brien. Xintong isn't used to scrapping for frames and so Mink kind of dragged him down to her level, whereas for O'Brien scrappy frames are his meat and drink.

8 minutes ago, Torque said:

I didn't watch but that's some going to not even win a frame after getting a couple against Xintong. The only thing I can think is the disparity in performance had to do with the differing styles of Xintong and O'Brien. Xintong isn't used to scrapping for frames and so Mink kind of dragged him down to her level, whereas for O'Brien scrappy frames are his meat and drink.

Yeah, by no means did she deserve to win but there was atleast 2 frames where she only had to get the colours and her positioning was really poor. Ah well, I'll not touch her again. Hopefully it means Robbie Williams price is good enough to take against Ferg now. 

21 minutes ago, Fader said:

Yeah, by no means did she deserve to win but there was atleast 2 frames where she only had to get the colours and her positioning was really poor. Ah well, I'll not touch her again. Hopefully it means Robbie Williams price is good enough to take against Ferg now. 

It's incredible to think she was an easy blue away from a decider against Xintong.

One for tonight with Day 2 UK Championsip qualifiers. I think Ajiab has enough about him to push Yize all the way tonight. He had Trump beat in the Last 16 of the European Masters. He had Trump needing snookers and he accidentally potted the white. He has also beaten Mark Allen this season. I'm quite surprised how big a price he is. 

6pts F.Ajaib (+2.5 frames) to beat Wu Yize 5/6 skybet
2.5pts F.Ajaib to beat Wu Yize 12/5 betfred

absolute turd from Ajiab. So weird how he won the first frame, should have won the 2nd and then I don't think he hit a 30+ break after that. One to lay in the future because the blokes heads gone there massively. Anyway few for this morning

2.5pts F.Patrick to beat Peifan 6/5 paddypower
3pts Grace (-1.5 frames) to beat Lilley 5/6 paddypower
3pts Bingyu to beat Jiahui evens paddypower

Blimey, I've backed some stinkers in this event. I'm going with one more tonight to hopefully turn the ship and it's Xu Si to give Jimmy Robertson a good game. Xu Si has hit a nice bit of form recently and has beaten Yuelong at the English Open 4-2, with 2 centuries and a 50+ break and also beaten Gilbert at the Scottish Open with another century and 3 50+ breaks in a 4-3 win. He took care of Pagett in the last round 6-1 and hit 5 50+ breaks in that match too. He beat Robertson in the last h2h, back in 2017 and Robertson comes into this with his form going the other way alittle bit. At least from a scoring perspective.

Other one I like is Pengfei to beat Wakelin. Wakelin's form doesn't look the best and I'm surprised by the price on Pengfei. Won the last 2 between the pair and Pengfei comes into this with the momentum of playing already. He didn't look great in the 6-1 win over Lam but he didn't need to be. Pengfei has won his last 3 matches and prior to that made the last 16 of the N.Ireland open whilst Wakelin has lost his last 5 matches. Perplexed.

5pts Xu Si +2.5 frames to beat J.Robertson 4/5 paddypower
5pts Pengfei to beat Wakelin evens paddypower
2pts Xu Si to beat J.Robertson 9/4 paddypower

1pt treble - Xu Si  / Pengfei -1.5 / Burden +2.5 15/1 bet365

Plenty that I'm taking for the rest of the afternoon/evening. Marco Fu is playing some awesome stuff right now and has won back-to-back matches against Langning and Ollie Lines with 5 centuries and 5 50+ breaks in those 2 matches. Hamilton comes into the match "cold" in a sense and will have to hit the ground flying to be matching Fu's current level. Sijun beat Perry in their only h2h and Perry didn't look very good at the Champion of Champions with just 1 50+ break in his loss. Hugill is still ticking along nicely and had a good win against Donaldson. I think he can beat Highfield, who I still don't trust.

Finally, a couple of bigger prices in Jiahui, who looks back in form and Mark King, who played really well against Lilley last time I watched him and I think  he can give Woollaston a run for his money.

6pts Fu (-1.5 frames) to beat Hamilton 4/6 paddypower
5pts Sijun to beat Perry 11/10 paddypower
4pts Hugill to beat Highfield 5/4 paddypower
----------------------------------------------------
2pts Jiahui to beat J.Brown 11/8 paddypower
2pts King to beat Woollaston 7/4 paddypower

1 minute ago, Torque said:

Seconded. Nice pick @four-leaf

I saw Maguire was 3-1 up and still thought he could lose. That's a bad result for him and it should mean a good price on Dale in the next round.

must admit I didn't think White beat Maguire but I can't stand betting on Maguire. White had played 2 terrible players prior and I thought he would just lose 6-3 at best but he gave a pretty good performance really. 1 century and 2 50+ breaks so perhaps the 2/1 on him beating Dale is good value. Or perhaps the old "Jimmy white nerves" will kick in being the final qualification match lol

3 hours ago, Fader said:

must admit I didn't think White beat Maguire but I can't stand betting on Maguire. White had played 2 terrible players prior and I thought he would just lose 6-3 at best but he gave a pretty good performance really. 1 century and 2 50+ breaks so perhaps the 2/1 on him beating Dale is good value. Or perhaps the old "Jimmy white nerves" will kick in being the final qualification match lol

I can see why White appeals at plus money, but for me the Maguire win has skewed his price. He'd be a bigger price without it so that leads me to Dale.

White is certainly no world beater nowadays but he gets some nice wins from time to time as he can still beat the top 30 players. He's also one of the snooker experts on Eurosport and proves at 60 years old why he's regarded as one of the best never to have won in Sheffield losing how many finals, 5?