** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2022 World Cup Golden Boot Predictions

WCTopScorer.jpg

The 2022 World Cup is only a matter of weeks away and it's time to take a look at the odds for the Golden Boot. No surprise that England's Harry Kane is the favourite given his scoring record at both club and international level. Other players fancied to rival him include France's Kylian Mbappe, his compatriot Karim Benzema, and the iconic trio of Argentina's Lionel Messi, Brazil's Neymar, and Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo.

Who are you backing to win the Golden Boot at this year's tournament? Are there any each way bets further down the list you're fancying? 

• 3 weeks later...

SPIN are up with their Golden Boot index which pays 100 points to the winner then 75, 50, 33, 25, 20, 10 and 5 all the way down to 8th place.

https://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/football/international-world-cup/group_a.4538772d-0b14-4c50-8921-1fd257902c82/2022-world-cup-golden-boot-index

It looks like they've pretty much priced every player up with loads in at the minimum 0.5 to buy. You're looking at 3 goals to get some sort of return and 4 to guarantee a reasonable profit if you shop in the bargain basement (say 0.5 to 3). There must be some value to be had their for anyone willing to have a serious trawl.

SX have priced up individual player goals/goal minutes as well.

https://www.spreadex.com/sports/en-GB/spread-betting/football/world-cup---long-term/player-markets/spr/p2467180

@waynecoyne Trossard in at 0.35 goals and 18 for goal mins.

Oh, and Uni offering a standout 12/1 for Kane Golden Boot under their "Boosted Odds" section though "limits may apply".

Edited by harry_rag
Added last line

I bought a couple earlier:

Buy Gakpo at 0.5 - not sure he'll start but he's no more than 60/1 with the fixed odds firms and I've seen him mentioned as a "dark horse" in a couple of places. Worth chancing at the minimum price, not unfeasible that he scores 3 goals. (Up to 1 now, which is only half a point but is, of course, double the opening price.)

Buy Batshuayi at 2 - @waynecoyne mentioning the Lukaku injury inspired that one. He's pretty much guaranteed a start while the main man is out. That's up to 7-10 now so there's a profit of 5 x stake to be had before a ball is kicked but I'm going to let it run.

A few more possibles but I'll sleep on those; might stick with these two. On the one hand it's relatively easy to envisage certain players scoring 3 goals but then you look at their team's goals expectation and see they're only in for around 4 goals in total!

PP are doing a free £1 bet builder for every goal AND every shot on target for your chosen player on this for a £10 bet so I've gone for Neymar. Only 10/1 but by time you get all your free bets the price will be nicer I would imagine. I think Lautaro Martinez is also a good choice but I've stuck him in a double with Argentina to win world cup at 40s. Good luck