** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champion of Champions

Fader

16 players and all the winners over the last year put into one competition. I think the value is with Mark Allen here. It's hard to really know how he is going to play as the Northern Ireland open is always a big event for him where he raises his game. However, his form in general has turned around since his weight loss journey and it worked very well for Higgins for a while so why not.

Also like to always have a big underdog in an event and Zhengyi on his day can turn up. He gave Robertson a decent game when losing 4-2 recently and bottom line is if he beats Robertson then the bottom half of the draw is quite open. I was even tempted by Ryan Day

2pts e/w M.Allen to win Champion of Champions 11/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w F. Zhengyi to win Champion of Champions 200/1 bet365

It's Group 1 today/tonight, which consist of :

Trump
Allen
Perry
Brecel

Trump takes on Brecel at 1pm and then Allen takes on Perry. The final is in the evening to make the semi-finals and take on Mark Selby. I think Allen is value to win this group. I'm probably doing Joe Perry a disservice but I would like to think Allen can get revenge for that Welsh Open defeat and see himself through to face the winner of Trump/Brecel. If it's Trump then he likes playing him. He beat him in the most recent British Open and they share 3 wins each in the last 6. 

The other bet I will take is Brecel to beat Trump. It's another that is just a good value call in my eyes. Brecel beat Trump in the last meeting and I just feel like Trump will feel abit of pressure playing today after Robertson has been knocked out and the expectancy is ramped up. 

2pts Brecel to beat Trump 7/4 paddypower
2pts Allen to win Group 1 15/8 bet365 

Trump was pretty impressive lastnight. He started well against a pretty rubbish Brecel but then went off the boil abit. However, he was awesome against Allen. No joy on the 2 bets. One for today and I'm taking Ronnie to beat Milkins 4-0 or 4-1 by betting on the -2.5 handicap. I think Ronnie will likely be up for this one and has a great record against Milkins. In the last 6 matches he has beat him 4-0, 4-1, 3-1, 3-0, 4-0 and 6-1. They've played 55 frames together and Milkins has won just 7. With the one table setup, it probably makes the task even harder for Milkins.

5pts O'Sullivan (-2.5 frames) to beat Milkins 11/10 paddypower
2pts O'Sullivan to win and hit atleast 1 century 7/2 willhill

3 hours ago, Fader said:

Trump was pretty impressive lastnight. He started well against a pretty rubbish Brecel but then went off the boil abit. However, he was awesome against Allen. No joy on the 2 bets. One for today and I'm taking Ronnie to beat Milkins 4-0 or 4-1 by betting on the -2.5 handicap. I think Ronnie will likely be up for this one and has a great record against Milkins. In the last 6 matches he has beat him 4-0, 4-1, 3-1, 3-0, 4-0 and 6-1. They've played 55 frames together and Milkins has won just 7. With the one table setup, it probably makes the task even harder for Milkins.

5pts O'Sullivan (-2.5 frames) to beat Milkins 11/10 paddypower
2pts O'Sullivan to win and hit atleast 1 century 7/2 willhill

now 9/2 for the century and win

7 minutes ago, Fader said:

Milkins hadn't got 2 frames against Ronnie for 20yrs before today but obviously today he would as I had a bet on it. Nevertheless the 7/2 came in with Ronnie getting a century in the final frame. 

There's a suggestion O'Sullivan has some sort of injury. Maybe something to consider for the likely match against Xintong.

7 minutes ago, Torque said:

There's a suggestion O'Sullivan has some sort of injury. Maybe something to consider for the likely match against Xintong.

I watched the match and he was limping about. Perhaps a calf strain or hamstring or something like that as he is always running nowadays. I don't think it really put him off his game. The 2 frames that Milkins won were both good clear ups. The only thing that he is lacking by looks of it, is his long game. He missed every long pot but his control around the table as good as ever. 

it was a 4-3 win over Xintong last time they played and we can see how he plays in his match against Mink I suppose.  

11 minutes ago, Fader said:

Milkins hadn't got 2 frames against Ronnie for 20yrs before today but obviously today he would as I had a bet on it. Nevertheless the 7/2 came in with Ronnie getting a century in the final frame. 

my internet went on the blink for a while earlier, I was furiously pressing on that 9/2 all morning with william hill but no joy, it wouldn't go through ?

sure enough, the tip comes in in the meantime! the luck's just not with me at the moment! thanks for the great tip all the same @Fader, the betting gods will surely send some good luck my way for a change soon! :D

1 minute ago, amity said:

my internet went on the blink for a while earlier, I was furiously pressing on that 9/2 all morning with william hill but no joy, it wouldn't go through ?

sure enough, the tip comes in in the meantime! the luck's just not with me at the moment! thanks for the great tip all the same @Fader, the betting gods will surely send some good luck my way for a change soon! :D

I can't stand WillHill. I use them rarely. I can never remember my username because they give the usernames out and you can't choose your own and it's something ridiculous like wh329329329 lol. I tend to not use them but there wasn't alot out there and that price was a nice one. Hopefully tonights match there is something similar with a "first to 6" because I reckon he has a couple of centuries in him tonight.

also to add if he does beat Xintong, which I think is likely, the Ronnie Vs Zhengyi rematch will be a good one if Fan brings that level of play that he showed in the group stage. A real possibility of making a final and hitting 100/1 (200/1 placing) for anybody following the outright tip.

I think Ronnie wins with a few in hand tonight. 6-3/6-4 at worst. I would imagine he will get a couple centuries, too. He got 1 this afternoon but could have had 2-3 really. He made the most of alot of his opportunities. I'll go -2.5 and hope he can get ahead 3-1 in the first session. The 13/8 on offer for 2 or more Ronnie centuries is also worth a shot in my eyes. 

4pts O'Sullivan 2+ centuries 13/8 Skybet
5pts O'Sullivan (-2.5 frames) to beat Xintong 11/10 paddypower

1 hour ago, Fader said:

I think Ronnie wins with a few in hand tonight. 6-3/6-4 at worst. I would imagine he will get a couple centuries, too. He got 1 this afternoon but could have had 2-3 really. He made the most of alot of his opportunities. I'll go -2.5 and hope he can get ahead 3-1 in the first session. The 13/8 on offer for 2 or more Ronnie centuries is also worth a shot in my eyes. 

4pts O'Sullivan 2+ centuries 13/8 Skybet
5pts O'Sullivan (-2.5 frames) to beat Xintong 11/10 paddypower

Only just seen this. Ronnie goes 3-0 with a century so good chance of both bets landing. Regardless of whether the bets land or not I completely agree with them. I couldn't see how Xintong could possibly raise his level from where it was against Mink - the floor - to a level where he can compete with O'Sullivan and especially a motivated O'Sullivan.

7 minutes ago, Torque said:

Only just seen this. Ronnie goes 3-0 with a century so good chance of both bets landing. Regardless of whether the bets land or not I completely agree with them. I couldn't see how Xintong could possibly raise his level from where it was against Mink - the floor - to a level where he can compete with O'Sullivan and especially a motivated O'Sullivan.

Yeah, thing is with Xintong is that his game relies so much on his long potting. If that's off, he looks awful and it makes him a very inconsistent player.

10 minutes ago, Fader said:

just missed easiest pink ever on 94 for a 2nd century. Bout right. That's that bet dead.

wahey, a century in the last for both to come in. Ronnie looking abit good. Looks like a Ronnie/Trump final doesn't it?

The first semi final tonight. Selby takes on Judd Trump. I am taking Trump to win and I think he wins it with a couple of frames to spare. I just think Trump looked alot more impressive in his match and although he wasn't scoring 100+ all the time, every time he got in, he managed to score enough to win the frame. He also looked very attacking and was always looking for the positive shot. I think that benefits this pick.

5pts J.Trump (-1.5 frames) to beat M.Selby evens bet365

The other semi-final tonight for a place in the final against Judd Trump. Ronnie takes on Fan Zhengyi. They've only played once and that was when Zhengyi beat Ronnie in a deciding leg, in the final, winning the European Masters event back in Feb. Fan is a great underdog and he has supreme bottle. Rattling off a clearance in one against Ronnie in that final and also winning deciding legs in similar fashion against both Neil Robertson and a bang in form Ryan Day. I don't know if the same Fan turns up tonight but if he does then it will be a good match to watch. Either way I reckon there will be at least 9 frames in this one. Heart says this could be a 6-5 but head says Ronnie 6-3/6-4.

6pts Over 8.5 frames (Ronnie O'Sullivan Vs Fan Zhengyi) 5/6 paddypower