** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

? 20% per month ?☔️ November £500 to £600

Heisenberg68

2 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

9. Result : Trade Lay Frankfurt @1,94 / Won / +£7,22 

? New Bank : £538,88

? Profit to date : £38,88

the price went down to 1.80

I could have waited and earned £17 instead of £7

I still have some things to learn in the offplay trade but I think it's a good alternative to make money

After a dozen bets, I am satisfied. ?

I'm back to Betfair and I have more ease with the trade offplay. In fact it allows me to be patient, not to play with impulse and bet anyhow. It's very interesting, I think. I just have to learn to analyse well to win. I have everything to succeed, so I'll have to do it.
 I'm in a good mood anyway lol
Maybe this is the new Heisenberg ?

I think with bets of 250-300 it can be fun. And the risk is less.

The result is positive in any case. ?

For the month of November, the goal is to go from £500 to £600.

But it's mainly to manage my bank well!

Last game of the week with Lens this weekend. Rest until Monday and a short trip with my wife and kids.

I'll tell my life story. ?
I lived all my childhood in the north of France, near Lens. Then I had to move for work to the Spanish border, to the Basque country.  I regularly go back to my family in the north.
I take the opportunity to go to the game in Lens on Saturday with them. I've been to hundreds of Lens games, which is my favourite club and this year the team is really great! ?

Have a good week.

Edited by Heisenberg68

2 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

? 14 £192,67 Trade Back Samatian @2,10 ( v Leicester 1:50 ,  ?? ? )

14. Result : Trade Lay @1,98 / Won / +£10,21

? New Bank : £565,91

? Profit to date : £65,91

Edited by Heisenberg68
Bet 14 , no 10

Wow that's two losses from trading that have cost you more than your maximum stake for actual bets! Even when you're managing your stakes better you've conspired to find a way to lose more than intended and shoot yourself in the foot.

I bit my tongue on asking this when I saw you start the trading stuff, even when I saw the stakes ramping up, but what makes you think you can judge the markets well enough to make a profit by playing in this way? I think you'd be better off focusing on keeping your stakes sensible and trying to make a profit from betting rather than dipping your toes into the shark-infested waters of trading.

1.95 to 3.8 and 3.55 to 8 are pretty spectacular drifts that suggest to me that there's potential for the occasional modest gain offset by much bigger losses.

To be blunt, I think you're essentially guessing which way the price might move and will go on to sustain losses in the long term if you pursue this approach. 

8 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Wow that's two losses from trading that have cost you more than your maximum stake for actual bets! Even when you're managing your stakes better you've conspired to find a way to lose more than intended and shoot yourself in the foot.

I bit my tongue on asking this when I saw you start the trading stuff, even when I saw the stakes ramping up, but what makes you think you can judge the markets well enough to make a profit by playing in this way? I think you'd be better off focusing on keeping your stakes sensible and trying to make a profit from betting rather than dipping your toes into the shark-infested waters of trading.

1.95 to 3.8 and 3.55 to 8 are pretty spectacular drifts that suggest to me that there's potential for the occasional modest gain offset by much bigger losses.

To be blunt, I think you're essentially guessing which way the price might move and will go on to sustain losses in the long term if you pursue this approach. 

I think both losses are exceptional. Simply because I did not use the tools I had at my disposal. 
I won't talk about my selection, I have very precise criteria.
I repeat, the problem is the unused stoploss. 
Time will tell who was right of course. 

6 hours ago, Heisenberg68 said:

? 15 £200 Trade Back Exquisitely @2,30 ( Wolverhampton 7:30 ,  ?? ? )

15. Result : Trade Lay @3,50 / Lost / -£64,31

? New Bank : £309,15

? Loss to date : £190,85

Once again I can take profit, +£6.00 in the evening before the odds go up. 
I have to think about it because I think it's possible to do it! 

I have a lot of ideas to refine my selection and especially to take profit. I have to test and look at the Betfair archives. 

The horses are very hard and you have to master them. I'm going to look at it in more detail in the next ten days. 

The advantage is that I don't want to play on anything. 
The offplay is more secure for me. But maybe horses are too complicated. 

On the face of it you might be better laying horses that you think will drift rather than backing those you think will shorten.

You might also want to reduce the stakes until you've got a bit of a handle on what you're doing.

As it is, you're losing too much money on something that's experimental given the aims of the thread and the fact that your staking when backing has settled down a bit.

Yes, it is. I don't know enough about horse racing to bet so much.

On sports, trade offplay I know how to do, but in horse racing the odds are too volatile.

I will test again next week and then I will make a decision if I can play horse racing.
I've always played on classic bets, and for a few years now, I don't know how to win. I bet any way!
I think that trading offplay on sports can make me win money and surely have fun. And above all have the patience.

I will continue to test next week and I will come back with a consistent bank only for the offplay trade, knowing that the offplay trade will never make me lose my entire bet if I cut offplay.