** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

English Open (plus qualifications)

Fader

yeah if / when they fix games it would be lower profile games like qualies or first / second round ; being a one man sport it is so easy to fix a game , for any player not in the top ten probably much more money to be made that way than the prize money of losing early in a tournament.

17 hours ago, Torque said:

Not snooker but an interesting one in the football today. Thailand played Chinese Taipei in a friendly and were backed in to about 1.05 with Chinese Taipei out at about 80's. Chinese Taipei won 1-0.

Chinese leading the way in all things corruption eh? :D

I've not had too much that I've liked the look of in this event so far but this afternoon I'm going to take Murphy to beat McGill. I think Murphy is hitting abit of form now and that could largely be the "banter/harrestment' with Mark Allen spurring him on or he could just be practising more. He beat a player in good form when he went and beat Sam Craigie 4-1 and Murphy hit 2 centuries and a 50+ break in that 4-1 win.

Other bet I will take is Gould to beat Ronnie. Despite being much better at winning games he can't be bothered to play I still think Ronnie starts games like he can't be bothered and he went 2-0 down in his last before coming back. Not with any major performance though. Gould looked decent in his last match and I think in reality, 3/1 isn't the price he should be.

5.5pts Murphy to beat McGill 8/11 paddypower
2pts Gould to beat Ronnie 3/1 paddypower
1pt 4-fold - Murphy, Gould +3.5 handicap, Over 5.5 frames between Fu and Hawkins, Hugill 10/1 paddypower (money back if 1 lets you down)

3 hours ago, Fader said:

I've not seen any of him but despite Brecel winning the last two h2h I'd have to go with Allen all day tonight. He is really playing some great stuff right now 

Brecel has played some badass snooker this week I understand now, beating Trump 5-1 in QF and only in the qualies he was taken close.

53 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Brecel has played some badass snooker this week I understand now, beating Trump 5-1 in QF and only in the qualies he was taken close.

I didn't watch the game but not one century in the game was a surprise. Never would have had Brecel 6-2. Will be an interesting final.