Jump to content
Announcements
** October Poker League Result : 1st avongirl, 2nd McG, 3rd Rhino_Power **
** October Naps Competition Result: 1st internetmails, 2nd Donnyflyer, 3rd vangovin, 4th Peter York. KO Cup Winner mickyftm32. Most Winners waggy: **

English Open (plus qualifications)


Fader
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just the one for me today but plenty during the week that look good. For today though

4pts R.Williams (-1.5 frames) to beat Doherty evens

Robbie Williams had a real good British Open, beating Ding 4-2, Haotian 5-1 and pushing eventual winner Day and eventually losing in a deciding leg. He led that match 3-1 and 4-2. Point is he's playing well and you can't say the same for Ken Doherty. 7 matches this season and 6 losses, including a loss to Ng On Yee. No disrespect to her, as she seems a decent player, but she beat Ken without hitting a 50 break. He won his last match against Dom Dale but was 2-0 down and come back to win 4-2. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fader said:

Just the one for me today but plenty during the week that look good. For today though

4pts R.Williams (-1.5 frames) to beat Doherty evens

Robbie Williams had a real good British Open, beating Ding 4-2, Haotian 5-1 and pushing eventual winner Day and eventually losing in a deciding leg. He led that match 3-1 and 4-2. Point is he's playing well and you can't say the same for Ken Doherty. 7 matches this season and 6 losses, including a loss to Ng On Yee. No disrespect to her, as she seems a decent player, but she beat Ken without hitting a 50 break. He won his last match against Dom Dale but was 2-0 down and come back to win 4-2. 

 

absolutely atrocious from Williams. So many chances. Now that it's 3-1, I hope Doherty does win so that I can lay him in the next round. Pony match.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Fader said:

absolutely atrocious from Williams. So many chances. Now that it's 3-1, I hope Doherty does win so that I can lay him in the next round. Pony match.

Yeh I saw part of it, Doherty played so-so, nothing special, some good long pots but equally a few shocking misses too and his positional play left a lot to be desired at times.

Like you said, Williams was a disaster, might as well not have bothered showing up! Anytime he got given an opportunity, which Doherty gave him on several occasions, he made an absolute meal of it. Only positive is as you mentioned that Doherty is likely to get beaten next round so that should provide some opportunities for us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, amity said:

Yeh I saw part of it, Doherty played so-so, nothing special, some good long pots but equally a few shocking misses too and his positional play left a lot to be desired at times.

Like you said, Williams was a disaster, might as well not have bothered showing up! Anytime he got given an opportunity, which Doherty gave him on several occasions, he made an absolute meal of it. Only positive is as you mentioned that Doherty is likely to get beaten next round so that should provide some opportunities for us.

for sure. Tomorrow is a nice card, too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fader said:

yup 3-1 up and loses 4-3. Standard. When you beat Trump 4-0 a few weeks ago, how on earth could you beat the mighty Liam Highfield.

Hill is clearly one of those annoying players that'll beat the likes of O'Sullivan and Trump and then lose to nearly everybody else. I suppose it's possible to profit by that, as it's a consistency of sorts :lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nothing screams for me today. There are 2 that I think have a chance but I'm put off by other factors. One is Lilley to beat King. However, King done well here last year and has ranking points to protect. I also think Jak Jones probably beats Carrington but not enough to put single bets down for and so I'll just be taking a 4-fold with PP. It's money back if one loses much like yesterday with Ford letting the 4-fold down. 

1pt 4-fold - Lilley, Jak Jones, Ding (-2.5 frames) & Carter 5.5/1 paddypower

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Torque said:

Hill is clearly one of those annoying players that'll beat the likes of O'Sullivan and Trump and then lose to nearly everybody else. I suppose it's possible to profit by that, as it's a consistency of sorts :lol

I think Frame 2 was the turning point of the game. 
Because at 2-0 it wasn't the same thing. Especially since after that he was doing well. 

It's a shame. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Heisenberg68 said:

I think Frame 2 was the turning point of the game. 
Because at 2-0 it wasn't the same thing. Especially since after that he was doing well. 

It's a shame. 

Even when he was 3-1 up he had chances to win 4-1. He got lots of chances and just looked to be clueless. It's very odd. You would think he would be full of confidence 

I will add you could also see from 3-2 that he was going to bottle it because he couldn't string a 20 break together. Poor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Even when he was 3-1 up he had chances to win 4-1. He got lots of chances and just looked to be clueless. It's very odd. You would think he would be full of confidence 

I will add you could also see from 3-2 that he was going to bottle it because he couldn't string a 20 break together. Poor.

And that's after hardly missing a thing against Trump. No wonder betting can drive you barmy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ding wasn't there to mess around, winning 4-0 but despite taking the lead 1-0,2-1 and 3-2, another Muppet lets me down with an absolute rubbish last frame. Hopefully PP come to the rescue and it's money back again if the other 2 come in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/24/2022 at 10:18 PM, Foo_Fighter said:

A few matches I like:

Stuart Carrington to beat Jak Jones at 2.1 with bet365 ✔️

Scott Donaldson to beat Jordan Brown at 1.95 with bet365 ✔️

Hammad Miah to beat Lukas Kleckers at 1.72 with bet365 ✔️

Jamie Jones to beat (-2.5 frames) Alfie Burden at 2.00 with bet365 

I'm sick and tired of losing the last one all the time. Will Jamie Jones do me the favor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

I'm sick and tired of losing the last one all the time. Will Jamie Jones do me the favor?

great tipping either way mate but yeah I know what you mean. Did you stick them in a 4-fold?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fader said:

great tipping either way mate but yeah I know what you mean. Did you stick them in a 4-fold?

yes, but I feel like it's mission impossible to get paid now lol. JJ will probably win 4-2, just watch...😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

yes, but I feel like it's mission impossible to get paid now lol. JJ will probably win 4-2, just watch...😅

Yeah, the 2.5 is hard to cover on a first to 4. Pretty much your players needs to go into a 2 nil lead really for it to be on. Nothing I liked today. Just going to check tomorrow's card

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Andy Hicks at 2/1 is worth a couple points. Hicks isn't on fire this season by any means but he has beaten the players he should have. Zhengyi should win this ofcourse but it largely depends on what Fan Zhengyi turns up, as he lost 5-1 in round of the European to Judge. Hicks can't be 2/1 here.

3pts Hicks to beat Zhengyi 2/1 willill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One I will definitely be on tomorrow night is Haotian to beat Gary Wilson. Hoatian has shown good form a while now and this looks a good chance for him to make into another event. 

2.5pts Haotian to beat G.Wilson 11/10 paddypower 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...