** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions - 22nd October

Darran

Boreham Wood v Wrexham
Wrexham 3 up at half time and I could see nothing other than having an easy Wrexham win. Wrexham then preceded to play awfully in the 2nd half and allowed Blyth to score a couple of good goals. I was watching the game and even when the 2nd Blyth goal went in I thought it would kick Wrexham back into gear and they would score more goals, but they actually created very little after that and Blyth had the best chance of the rest of the game to nearly send the tie into extra time. We have been used to Wrexham putting in poor performances away from home, but this was a rare one at home and for me it was more proof as to Parkinson's weakness as a manager. I have to take them on again on their travels. I did oppose Boreham Wood in their two games against Wealdstone and whilst they may have had a bit of fortune to win both, win them they did. They will probably have to perform better than they have been, but then Wrexham are the opponents so they should be bang up for it. They have the talent in the squad to make things very tricky for the Welsh side especially if they under perform yet again.

Halifax v Dagenham & Redbridge
Hard to know which Dagenham will turn up, but if the good Dagenham turn up then they are a big price to win this game. As I mentioned on Tuesday, I was impressed with the way they despatched Beckenham last week in what was a very professional performance. Away from home in the league hasn't always been their strong point, but then Halifax aren't very good. They did get some confidence from an FA Cup win over St Ives on Saturday, but that was one of the kinder draws they could have had. I think Dagenham's side is better than Halifax and that is why I am happy to take a price of 2/1 about them winning even with the concern about what Dagenham side we shall see.

Slough v Weymouth
There is a concern that Weymouth are just going to be a Cup side as they were superb last weekend when beating Havant in the FA Cup. That followed the 3-0 win over Welling in the previous round. I put them up as a bet in the league game inbetween and having gone a goal up they preceded to lose 5-1 to Eastbourne which wasn't great. I have to give them another chance here though as they will surely be winning a league game sooner rather than later. Before the season started, I would have had Weymouth above Slough so hopefully they can finally get that first league win. Slough have won 3 at home but they were against Cheshunt, Hampton and Taunton so nothing special and then they 2-0 to Hemel in their last home game. They also lost 3-0 at Dover last week and an xG of 0.13 sums up how well they played. If the two teams play as they did last week in this game then there is only going to be one winner.

Boreham Wood 1pt @ 13/5 with William Hill (11/4 with 365 and take up to 2/1)
Dagenham & Redbridge 1pt @ 2/1 with Paddy Power, William Hill, Betfair and Betfred (21/10 with 365 and take up to 6/4)
Weymouth 1pt @ 21/10 with Skybet and Betfred (11/5 with William Hill and take up to 6/4)