** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Oct 22nd & 23rd

champratings.jpg

Check out the odds and ratings for this weekend's Championship matches coming up. It's a chaotic time of the calendar with the break for the 2022 World Cup fast approaching. I'm going to hide in a cupboard until the South Wales derby has passed but will look to get a preview out as a form of masochistic therapy. Let's hear your predictions for these games! :ok

Blackpool vs Preston NE

2022-10-22T13:30+02:00

Blackpool

Doubtful: Gary Madine (9/1 f), Jordan Thorniley (10/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Jordan Gabriel (9/0 d), Keshi Anderson (0/0 f), Lewis Fiorini (4/0 m), Kevin Stewart (0/0 m), Jake Beesley (0/0 f)

Suspended: Shayne Lavery (14/1 f)

Preston NE

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Daniel Johnson (11/0 m), Liam Lindsay (14/0 d), Patrick Bauer (1/0 d), Troy Parrott (13/1 f)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Overall Stats
Blackpool
7 home games
Preston NE
8 away games
1.1 Goals scored per game 0.9
1.4 Goals conceded per game 0.5
14% Clean sheets 75%
57% Team scored 63%
29% Team scored twice 13%
29% Scored in both halves 13%
43% Goal in both halves 13%

Reading vs Bristol City

When the O/U initial odd is 2.5, Reading had four out of five games that finished in more than 2.5 goals and Bristol had all. Furthermore, four out of five predictions for Bristol's games with +0.25 AH first odd are accurate. To bet on over 2.5 goals and an away win for AH are wise.

AH Pick: Bristol City +0/0.5

O/U Pick: Over 2.5

Swansea vs Cardiff

Oh dear lord, here we go again. Another South Wales derby and I'm not going to lie, I have more optimism about my own footballing abilities than I do about this game. It's Swansea versus Cardiff in a 12pm BST kick-off on Sunday afternoon from the Liberty Stadium. It's a game that certainly means more to Swansea than it does to Cardiff but that approach has ultimately been our downfall. I'm not expecting much to change here based on how these players played in the Severnside derby against Bristol City earlier in the season.

Swansea have started this season on a more positive footing than they ended the last one with the Swans in 9th place and only 1 point outside the play-offs. A victory here will move them to within just 3 points of the automatic promotion spots. 5 wins from the last 6 league games has helped to shoot Russell Martin's team up the Championship table but the 4-0 loss away to Burnley in their most recent away game shows how if a team can press them high then there's a suggestion they might not have a plan B and could struggle. Swansea have already lost three times on their own patch so home form is far from solid but they do know they have the upper hand over their rivals in this fixture and they will no doubt be brimming with confidence. Especially when they've also scored 13 goals in their last 6 league games with so many different scorers showing that if they are given time to build their plays then they can hurt teams from all over the pitch.

Cardiff are currently undergoing another poo show. Mark Hudson is proving my initial instinct correct that he is a far better coach than a manager. The Bluebirds are down in 20th position and just 2 points above the relegation zone after back-to-back defeats without scoring a goal. It's a disappointing fall from grace after the unbeaten 3-game run that started Hudson's tenure as caretaker manager. The fans are still livid about the lack of clarity given over the sacking of Steve Morison and the complete absence of engagement from the owners about what direction the club will be going in now suggests that Vincent Tan et al are either losing interest and going through the motions until a willing buyer comes in or they're trying to run the club on a shoestring with non-football men making the decisions which will undoubtedly end in disaster. Cardiff have only won 2 of their last 8 away league games heading into this one and we've only scored 7 goals in those matches.

Everything leading into this game is pointing at Swansea pulling off another convincing derby day win. They have won the last two meetings by an aggregate score-line of 7-0 and given how free-scoring they've been lately and how impotent we are up front this season my statistical head says we'll lose 2-0 or 3-0 at least. I'd hope that the fact Hudson understands the importance of this game means he'll fire our players up and we could spring a surprise but we've been hurt too many times in this fixture now that it's led to us adopting the "let's just get it out of the way" attitude. It's also now been 10 consecutive matches in this fixtures where the both teams to score bet hasn't come in.

Swansea to Win @ 2.19 with VBet

BTTS No @ 2.00 with BetVictor