** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NHL 2022/2023 Season

One for this evening I like:

Philadelphia Flyers 2.80 Bet365

All my bets are in the '3 way' market which includes the draw and all are on the money line.

Going for The Flyers who are playing at home against the Vancouver Canucks. The Flyers won nicely 5-2 last time out whereas The Canucks lost 5-3 last time out, this after taking an early 2-0 within the first 3 minutes of the first period.

Two for tomorrow morning (UK time):

Anaheim Ducks 3.80 Bet365

The Ducks play away at the New York Rangers. I feel the market has over reacted to The Ducks last time out 7-1 defeat to the Islanders. This defeat came shortly after a tough overtime win for The Ducks.

Pittsburgh Penguins 1.68 Bet365

Penguins play away at the Montreal Canadiens. Penguins won really impressively last time out and I feel they have far more class than the Canadiens.

I'm pleased to see my Boston Bruins starting the season well after changing coaches with Bruce Cassidy departing after an impressive six seasons with the franchise and being replaced by former St Louis Blues assistant coach Jim Montgomery. It was a big gamble but seems to be paying off at the moment with the Bruins currently 4-1-0. I'm backing us to see off the Minnesota Wild tomorrow too. Odds aren't brilliant at 1.84 with Unibet and the Bruins at home but could be worth throwing in an acca.

Good luck to The Bruins @StevieDay1983

One I like the look of at Midnight BST is:

Columbus Blue Jackets 3.10 Bet365

The Blue Jackets are playing at home against the Pittsburgh Penguins and I feel the market is over reacting to their big wins as they showed they can throw in a stinker when we were onside against The Canadiens in which they went 2-0 up only to lose 3-2 after overtime. No team is invincible so I am willing to take them on.

5 minutes ago, MinellaWorksop said:

Good luck to The Bruins @StevieDay1983

One I like the look of at Midnight BST is:

Columbus Blue Jackets 3.10 Bet365

The Blue Jackets are playing at home against the Pittsburgh Penguins and I feel the market is over reacting to their big wins as they showed they can throw in a stinker when we were onside against The Canadiens in which they went 2-0 up only to lose 3-2 after overtime. No team is invincible so I am willing to take them on.

All the best to you with this one as well. I do love an underdog bet so I'll be rooting for it here! :ok

Today I will be opposing The Blue Jackets and going with:

New York Rangers 1.76 Bet365

The Blue Jackets disappointed last night. I have no qualms with an underdog losing, though to go 2-0 up at home and then crumble like Mr Kipling's finest apple pies is just a clear neon flashing sign that The Blue Jackets are there to be beaten.  Let's see how it all plays out.

One for tomorrow morning 3:30am BST

Carolina Hurricanes 2.05 Bet365

The Hurricanes play away at the Vancouver Canucks. The Canucks sit at the bottom of the league and after battling well but not winning on the road, they then returned to home game advantage and put in their worst performance of the season so far and lost 5-1 to the Buffalo Sabres last time out. The Hurricanes have lost their last two games though they have shown they can win on the road this season and now is the time to strike while The Canucks are licking their wounds.

12 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Any picks for you this weekend, @MinellaWorksop? I'm contemplating a Dallas Stars, Florida Panthers, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Carolina Hurricanes four-fold for Saturday. Also, interested to see how the Boston Bruins get on at Columbus Blue Jackets. You betting on that one? 

Morning Stevie lad. The Bruins are going great guns mate. Another superb victory winning 4-0 last night. Long may it continue.

One I like the look of today is in your fourfold and it is:

Dallas Stars 2.35 Bet365

The Stars are playing at home against the New York Rangers who are coming off 4 defeats in a row. The most telling of those being last time out losing 3-0 to fierce rivals the New York Islanders. Confidence will be low for the Rangers so preferably The Stars will take advantage of this. Let's see how it all plays out.

4 hours ago, MinellaWorksop said:

A close fought game at 3-3 heading into the final period and then The New York Rangers powered ahead winning the final period 3-0, to leave a final score of 6-3 to the Rangers.

Which now leaves the season stats so far at;

S/R: 2/7

P/L: -2.15pts

Early days in the season and we're still getting a grasp of how the teams are looking. I'm buzzing about the Bruins. Do you have anything lined up for the coming week?

New York Rangers and Toronto Maple Leafs in a 3/1 double is tempting but with both teams on the road it's always a bit riskier. I have a mate who is a Rangers fan and he never has the confidence to back them on their travels. :lol

I'm already licking my lips at Bruins to win the Atlantic Division at 3.5/1. Just need to keep the forwards fit and firing. Hope that Linus Ullmark keeps these shutouts coming as well!

@StevieDay1983 I think The Rangers have a great chance tonight to double up on the road. That final period blitz can only do their confidence the world of good. At odds of around 4/5 though, I don't feel there is much juice in the price to make it a bet for me.

And regarding The Bruins, completely agree with you mate. Keeping everyone fit and healthy will be key to maintaining this excellent start and kicking on further in their quest for glory.

One for tonight 11pm BST time:

Washington Capitals 3.40 Bet365

The Capitals play away at the Carolina Hurricanes. The Capitals are coming off a decent 3-0 on the road victory at the Nashville Predators, which will boost their confidence ahead of this tougher assignment against Carolina.

The Hurricanes are coming off a tough overtime victory away at the Philadelphia Flyers and have slipped up at home recently losing 6-2 to the New York Islanders tiring late on in the final period which I am looking at preferably repeating here in tonight's game.

Edited by MinellaWorksop
spelling

My mate was at Madison Square Gardens last night for the Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers game. A tight 1-0 win for the home team! In complete contrast, the Bruins stormed to another win but required over-time to make it happen with a 6-5 win at the Pittsburgh Penguins. I'm definitely getting the excitement levels up now! Both the Flyers and Penguins have a chance to bounce back tonight. Not sure the Flyers will do it away to Toronto Maple Leafs but there's a chance the Penguins could hit back against the Buffalo Sabres. Although how will over-time last night and the travel to the Sabres impact them? The Maple Leafs and Penguins double is 1.5/1 so not sure there's enough value in that for me to look at it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies @MinellaWorksop, I've had a heavy workload so not been able to get on the NHL betting recently but I'm going to have a dip into it all again. I'm buzzing with the Boston Bruins still topping the Eastern Conference but gutted to see that 100% home win record go with that over-time loss to the Vegas Golden Knights. It rubbed salt into the wound with former Bruins man Bruce Cassidy now with the Knights.

I'm not overly keen on backing us tonight at such short odds against New York Islanders at home as a one-off but tempted to throw a £10 five-fold on Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Florida Panthers, New Jersey Devils, and Tampa Bay Lightning. 5/1 with BetVictor so not great odds but all teams except Devils seem heavy favourites on home ice.

34 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Apologies @MinellaWorksop, I've had a heavy workload so not been able to get on the NHL betting recently but I'm going to have a dip into it all again. I'm buzzing with the Boston Bruins still topping the Eastern Conference but gutted to see that 100% home win record go with that over-time loss to the Vegas Golden Knights. It rubbed salt into the wound with former Bruins man Bruce Cassidy now with the Knights.

I'm not overly keen on backing us tonight at such short odds against New York Islanders at home as a one-off but tempted to throw a £10 five-fold on Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Florida Panthers, New Jersey Devils, and Tampa Bay Lightning. 5/1 with BetVictor so not great odds but all teams except Devils seem heavy favourites on home ice.

No worries at all Stevie lad. I've been busy myself so had to put the NHL bets on the back burner. The cream is definitely rising to the top in the respective conferences. 

Just briefly looking at the fivefold you mentioned I would say The Bruins look the strongest of that offer and the weakest of the five would be the Florida Panthers. Be interesting to see how it all plays out. Best of luck mate.