** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - October 17 - October 23

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find today's matches good for betting but don't think about skipping tomorrow ?. Out of the strong tournament in Mexico, I will go for Alexandrova and Krejcikova. Also I will add 2 more matches, Sonego and De Minor against Bonzi. Don't think Sonego will loose in 2nd straight tournament in Italy in the first round especially against mostly a clay player in the face of Baes, but who knows. Bonzi is really out of form right now and De Minor seems like a decent bet as well.

Edited by sterziyskii

Comes in 

7 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Yeah, unfortunately, there are bound to be performances like that at this stage of the season.

Comes into the match with incredible form and plays like a clown. A bit like van de Zandschulp is doing now against a Qualifier. His goose is cooked with only 2 chances to break, and not one break point yet. 

Edited by neilovan

2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

I'll be backing Azarenka over Badosa at 1.80 with William Hill today, she looked decent in her first match here, and I can't see Badosa getting out of the rut before the end of the season honestly.

You could be right Czech, although I will say that Badosa has certainly improved, she could easily have been one set up in both of her last two matches against decent opponents. I expect it will be close match, wouldn't be surprised to see it going three long sets. 

13 hours ago, amity said:

You could be right Czech, although I will say that Badosa has certainly improved, she could easily have been one set up in both of her last two matches against decent opponents. I expect it will be close match, wouldn't be surprised to see it going three long sets. 

I gotta say that Badosa is very much hit or miss nowadays or has been so far for a long time.

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Well, she showed up for a set, then literally disappeared!

There's something not right with her for most of the season. I suspect she has post covid symptoms and has not been either physically or psychologically in a good place since early this year. Hope she manages to get back to her true self for next year, as she's been an absolute pale shadow of the player she was in 2021. 

4 hours ago, amity said:

There's something not right with her for most of the season. I suspect she has post covid symptoms and has not been either physically or psychologically in a good place since early this year. Hope she manages to get back to her true self for next year, as she's been an absolute pale shadow of the player she was in 2021. 

This time Badosa had issues with the altitude and retired since she had a hard time breathing.