** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > 8th October

Darran

Bromley v Gateshead
Bromley look a fantastic bet this weekend. I wasn't sure about them earlier in the season and even though they are unbeaten at home they were struggling for goals early on. They drew 0-0 with Altrincham and then they only scored 1 goal against Torquay and Scunthorpe in two victories. Given they are 3 of the worst teams in the division you would have hoped for more. The goals have finally come though and they have beaten Eastleigh 2-1 and then Maidstone and Oldham 3-0. That was at home, but away from home they had been awful including losing 4-1 at Dagenham. However, in their last 2 away games which were last Saturday and Tuesday, they have drawn 2-2 at Solihull and won 2-0 at Boreham Wood. In that Solihull game they conceded 2 goals in injury so they really ought to have won as well. They have crept into 5th in the table and now they are scoring goals they are looking dangerous and possible play-off contenders at this stage. Gateshead have been pretty poor away from home so far this season. They did well enough in their opening game at Dagenham when getting a draw, but they have then lost at Dorking, Wrexham (understandable) and Halifax. They did win their last game against Maidenhead which was on the TV, but it wasn't a great game and Bromley are certainly better than them. I don't think they have played well since beating Maidstone 4-1 which was 5 games ago and Maidstone have been poor away from home. They lost 3-1 at home to Altrincham on Tuesday night and I think they will lose this as well. I think they should be much shorter than even money for this.

Wealdstone v Boreham Wood
I don't get the prices for this game at all. Boreham Wood are clear favourites, but I think the home side should be. I know that Boreham Wood have yet to lose on the road, but they haven't really convinced in their last 2 away games when drawing at Gateshead and Yeovil. Also when they won 1-0 at Torquay it was the one game where Torquay were actually a bit unlucky as they had an xG of over 3 against them. They struggled in the first half against Maidstone last week although they were better in the 2nd half, but as mentioned above they lost to Bromley on Tuesday night. What is also key is they have a lot of injuries at the moment and that might mean they lose their first away game of the season. Every Wealdstone game has either been a draw or has been won by either team by a single goal which shows how hard they are to beat especially as they have only lost twice. Granted they have come in their last 3 games, but Southend and Solihull are two of the better sides in the league and I think better than Boreham Wood. 2/1 about a home win looks a fantastic price.

Hampton & Richmond v Welling
I don't get the prices in this game either as Welling look too big to beat Hampton. One of my ante-post bets for the season Welling have been doing very well given they were 66/1. They have only lost twice and that was to Worthing and Chelmsford who are both above them in the table and Welling are 5th. They have drawn in their last 2 league games, but the first was a cracking 2-2 with Havant and the other was a 1-1 draw with Dover where they had an xG of 2.61 and had 24 shots so they really ought to have won. Granted they were poor in the FA Cup last week at Weymouth when losing 3-0, but they needed a replay to beat Fisher in the previous round and Fisher are a Step 5 side so clearly they have underperformed in the Cup compared to their league form. Hampton have lost half their games in the league and won just 3 of them. They just aren't as good as Welling for me who have are unbeaten so far away from home in the league having won 3 of their 4 games on the road. 

Bromley 4pts @ Evs with Bet365, William Hill and Ladbrokes (21/20 with Betfred and 57/50 if you have a Unibet account and take up to 8/13)
Wealdstone 2.5pts @ 2/1 with William Hill (21/10 with Betfred and take up to 11/8)
Welling 3pts @ 11/5 with Bet365 (23/10 at Coral and Ladbrokes and take up to 6/4)

There are a trio of attractive prospects for me in National League South.

Dartford  are odds against to win at Dulwich Hamlet, who's desperate form this season, saw them sack their manager of 13 years, Gavin Rose. , their victory over the struggling Cheshunt ended a run of six league defeats, whilst 3rd placed Dartford are living up to their billing as one of the promotion favourites.

Braintree,  one of the favourites for relegation before a ball was kicked have been the surprise package of the league so far, currently sitting 8th in the league, go to Dover, who continued their desperate form of last season, until they stopped the rot with a win & a draw in their last two games. Braintree's matches have been entertaining, and they've been playing expansive football home and away, winning more than they've lost are the outsiders in this match, and represent value for me.

Eastbourne  at odds-against have to be value to beat Weymouth, who have only picked up 2 points this season with a goal difference of -15. Mid-table Eastbourne, who are expected to be challenging for promotion in May, are my main bet of the day.